Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2012, 10:57 AM

182 posts, read 323,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlenextyear View Post
Here's what you do: Keep a picture of Taye Diggs in your pocket. Next time a white girl says she doesn't find black men attractive, pull it out and say "OH REALLY?
Being married and all, it's probably pretty easy to make someone else's struggle seem petty, eh? LOL, who's the "lucky" guy that gets to wake up to your mistimed sarcasm everyday?

Last edited by NewtoSD?; 07-22-2012 at 11:07 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2012, 11:08 AM

182 posts, read 323,566 times
Shogun -

Keep your head up man. I and many others of all races have been where you're at from time to time in our lives. Dating can be a cruel game at times, and it's one that both sexes play. I get you on the "women play games" sentiment, but ironically, those same women are most likely recycling the pattern they have dealt with prior to meeting you. It becomes a cylcle, where you (in general) try to figure out what the other sex is doing or how they are trying to manipulate the situation. The only way to get out of it completely is to find yourself and be that person in every situation.

We can get caught up in being "someone else" in so many other social settings that are condusive to dating. Bars, internet dates, etc. My life was a nightmare when I was in that loop. And I was so deep in I didn't even realize that I altered my own self to try to find someone and find love.

The best thing I ever did was to make the decision to work on myself. I said "F it" to everyone else. I did everything I wanted to. Got involved in Yoga, went Skydiving, started playing open mic (I had always wanted to but never did), and started jogging miles everyday. I just focused on the things I wanted to do or loved doing. In fact, if I wanted to go to out I'd wear what I wanted to, flip flops and all. The strangest part? I began meeting women everywhere. Attractive women that had a head on their shoulders, and weren't playing any games. I met my current GF about a year ago and haven't dealt with ONE weird hangup. She returns phone calls, shows up on time, and doesn't cause stupid drama just to see how I will react. She's just a normal, down to earth, real person.

There are plenty of women like her out there Shogun. Women that don't want the drama either and aren't caught up on finding this ridiculous image of what a "man" is or should be (be it how they dress, their job, or his ethnicity). I in fact know plenty of women that PREFER black men, and some of them have to be up there in the PNW too.

Keep working man and don't give up on yourself or finding a woman.

Last edited by NewtoSD?; 07-22-2012 at 11:19 AM..

Old 07-22-2012, 11:29 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,124,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkpoe View Post
Hopes, its all sarcasm. LOL.
Thank goodness! I came to this forum because I am planning a vacation there next month.

Those posts almost changed my mind because I don't even OWN fleece of any kind!

Old 07-23-2012, 10:24 AM

1,292 posts, read 4,707,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAMayBeMaybeNot View Post
I think I know what some of you guys are looking for, but I'm not sure you'll find it in Seattle.

Like myself, you're probably in many ways a non-stereotypical black person, and want to be far removed from all the negative things generally found in cities with really large black populations.

Unfortunately, in your haste to escape all of that, you sought out the opposite of where you were currently living: Seattle, for instance.
The reality is, you probably weren't seeking Seattle, but an extremely diverse, cosmo city, where you can just be 'you', and associate with other atypical black people.

It's kind of like how my ex-gf had no sense of humor - imo, anyway - and the woman I became interested in right after her, I fell head over heels for. Guess what she had? A GREAT sense of humor. Unfortunately, because I was so fixated on that, I didn't realize until later that she and I couldn't have been more incompatible.
Well if not Seattle then where is this?

Old 01-01-2013, 02:16 AM

1 posts, read 1,873 times
I think it's complete bull ****, my ex girlfriend told me she did not like black men, so I proved to her I wasn't the typical black man and we got into a relationship. After we broke up, she started dating exclusively black men so dont let that intimidate you. If your intelligent, skilled at something, dress well, eat right and have money no women will turn you down.

Last edited by Count David; 01-01-2013 at 08:39 AM..

Old 05-28-2013, 04:37 PM

1 posts, read 1,653 times
I like everybody

Old 05-28-2013, 05:05 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,411,459 times
I forgot all about this thread.

Old 06-18-2013, 04:18 AM

3 posts, read 7,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticalDream View Post
Beauty is from within.. There is lots of beautiful black women.. I think somebody who bases their preferences of love on ethnic features is shallow and stupid, anyhow. Welcome to 21st century Western society. I'd rather have a loving, kind and compassionate woman who is less physically attractive, who I have things in common with, than some supermodel that all the men drool over who is a witch.

As far as cultural attraction, that I can understand. I am not exactly attracted to African American women, because of the way many of them act. However, I have always found African women (from Africa) very attractive to me, despite looking the same, their way of life and behavior I find appealing, as with many other both White and African-American guys who travel there. I lived in Africa for almost 6 months. On the other hand, I would never turn away a person based on their race, I would see their behavior and learn about them and judge them based on those facts, rather than how a majority of the people from their ethnic group act.

In all honesty, I am not that attracted to American women, even though I find that many of the thinner ones (as so many are overweight) are quite beautiful to the eyes. However, it's the personality that I don't like. I've always found European, Latin, African women more charming based on personalities. As with American women, the same goes for Asian women. I am not very attracted to their personalities, although there is cultural traits about them I find attractive, which I find American women lack.

With all this said, there are wonderful people from everywhere. To turn away a human being who you think you may connect with, based on the fact that "I am not attracted to this or that type of man/woman", is just absurd, superficial and shallow. You reap what you sow. America's 50% divorce rate I think supports the analysis that people here don't always make the most rational decisions on their marriage/love partners.
Right Tickyul, same with Mexican/Latino/Hispanic men, not ugly, just that something that I'm not attracted to

Old 06-24-2013, 02:55 PM

249 posts, read 444,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticalDream View Post
Yeah, I have had a few women who told me they couldn't marry a man who doesn't have a degree either. I say, "Thanks for the espresso!" As that is where a majority of the college grads in the Pacific NW work.. Considering the lowly-element of creatures that get graduated out of colleges these days, I just think college in general is a joke. Not in every field, but many. For many fields, education begins after school. Most people in college learn about catching up and balancing their drinking/partying binges. To me, people who build up their self-worth on college degrees are usually very shallow, ignorant and lack real-world, applicable knowledge. People like this generally seem to be very narrow-minded and lack any depth. Yeah, Seattle is a college-educated city, but many people with these degrees end up not successful. If you are an IT guy, they cannot brag about their liberal arts education to you.

Truer words were never spoken. A vast majority of the college-educated ilk are completely ignorant and the opposite of savvy when it comes to social interactions, substance, wisdom and life experience.

I never made it through college and graduated rather from the school of hard knocks. I can tell you my intelligence and/or knowledge has not suffered in the least because of it either.

In fact, most college folk with a few sparkling exceptions are incredibly dull and anything but stimulating.

Oh the irony.

Old 06-24-2013, 06:16 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,411,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the12ronin View Post
Truer words were never spoken. A vast majority of the college-educated ilk are completely ignorant and the opposite of savvy when it comes to social interactions, substance, wisdom and life experience.

I never made it through college and graduated rather from the school of hard knocks. I can tell you my intelligence and/or knowledge has not suffered in the least because of it either.

In fact, most college folk with a few sparkling exceptions are incredibly dull and anything but stimulating.

Oh the irony.
This is funny. I've had women tell me too that they don't date men without degrees both when I was in San Diego and here in the bay area. What's funny about that is, these were people I worked with and I was making more than they were LOL. Wasn't trying to date them, just having conversation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area