Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2012, 01:00 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,876,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
I love threads like this because it proves my theory that the most liberal, progressive, whitest areas in the USA (such as Seattle and San Francisco) are in fact the most RACIST cities in the nation and not those conservative, good old boy, redneck states the media's always warning us about.

Thanks for the confirmation.
There is no confirmation of anything but one man's experience... and we don't really know what he's doing "wrong" or if he's trying too hard or whatever.

I've seen enough Black and White, Black and Asians relationships here. I've known Black men who are married to white women... and Black ladies who are with White men. Asians are a bit smaller in numbers in comparison to the white people I've seen/known... but it does happen. (Hispanic/Black combos I don't really see too often.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2012, 08:36 PM

90 posts, read 355,309 times
Not finding a women to date in Seattle, Washington King County is equivalent too saying I don't breath Air!

Best Phrases and Encounters.. Iv'e ever heard was the following from women; "Race doesn't matter in my book' I'm very liberal when it comes to races lol...

Hey Jay whats there names; he replies we didn't come here for all that! We just came too ****! I replied to the ladies is it like that; They didn't say one word and each pulled out rubbers at the same time.
I could go on; but your attitude needs to change badly; that is the only reason you can't find one... Hell when I worked at Comcast as the Cable Man; I did more then hook up the wires when I was in the house... Your attitude needs to be SetThePace! You lead they will follow; its not that hard; plus a healthy dose of charm and cunning also helps...

I can't believe that with all the women around there you can't get one date... Hell I met my wife online and put the charm on and its been history since. Yes ladies I'm officially retired. With a all time record of 201 Wins -100 Losses... Not Wilt Chamberlain numbers but I did have a running of the bulls year of 70-10 =D

Old 04-08-2012, 10:32 PM

4,242 posts, read 8,777,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkpoe View Post
There is no confirmation of anything but one man's experience... and we don't really know what he's doing "wrong" or if he's trying too hard or whatever.

I've seen enough Black and White, Black and Asians relationships here. I've known Black men who are married to white women... and Black ladies who are with White men. Asians are a bit smaller in numbers in comparison to the white people I've seen/known... but it does happen. (Hispanic/Black combos I don't really see too often.)
I find that a good rule of thumb on this forum is to ignore anyone who uses more than one smiley. Saves you from have to slog through the most extreme conservative opinions. Most of them are just trying to start an argument for the sake of argument.

Old 04-09-2012, 01:26 AM

3 posts, read 9,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlenextyear View Post
what brand of fleece are you wearing? That might be your problem.

lol

Old 04-09-2012, 06:48 AM

259 posts, read 554,304 times
Here is an interesting link concerning just this issue

https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/

"IAT Home

It is well known that people don't always 'speak their minds', and it is suspected that people don't always 'know their minds'. Understanding such divergences is important to scientific psychology.
This web site presents a method that demonstrates the conscious-unconscious divergences much more convincingly than has been possible with previous methods. This new method is called the Implicit Association Test, or IAT for short.
In addition, this site contains various related information. The value of this information may be greatest if you try at least one test first..."

Old 04-09-2012, 01:10 PM

1,459 posts, read 3,299,154 times
racism is overrated.

Old 04-10-2012, 11:32 AM

5,152 posts, read 8,530,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
I love threads like this because it proves my theory that the most liberal, progressive, whitest areas in the USA (such as Seattle and San Francisco) are in fact the most RACIST cities in the nation and not those conservative, good old boy, redneck states the media's always warning us about.

Thanks for the confirmation.

Is there anyway to super unlike an ignorant post like this?
I'm sure ultra conservative towns like Birmingham, AL, have people flocking to them like Seattle and Portland do

Old 04-10-2012, 01:04 PM

8 posts, read 43,679 times
Default umm maybe it's you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshogun96 View Post
NOTE: If you are one of those overly sensitive people who tend to take things personally and easily get their feelings hurt over someone's opinions or negative experiences posted on an insignificant internet forum, then I suggest you not read this post and maybe grow up a little before reading it. You've been warned.

This is something I've been pondering for quite a while now as I see more and more women who are more or less blatant when they say they don't like black men. Why is this? I'm an ambitious and well educated single black man who is a game programmer forming his own Ltd. and strives to be a better person everyday. While I don't consider myself "actively looking" mainly because I don't have time for anymore of that dating nonsense and the games that women tend to play, I do periodically browse dating ads and what not to see what's available. I've been to many places (coast to coast), and I've never in my life seen a city with so many women that say that they want nothing to do with a black man in particular!

Quite frankly, I've been to Tennessee (a state that's rumored to be racist) and the women there were nicer to me than anywhere I've ever been, ever. Here, the most common excuse I see is "I don't date black men" both online and in person. This is coming from both black and white women. Why is this? What makes us so undesirable? I don't have the nasty ghetto attitude, smoke weed or do drugs, wear baggy and sagging clothes, or listen to that stupid booty gorilla noise known as rap either, so what's the problem? I understand that people have preferences and it's okay to be honest about them; even I have my own. But I never say "I don't date black women" because "OMG u is sooooo racist!!!!"

Don't get me wrong, I could honestly care less who likes me and who doesn't, especially women because I've had to deal with their biased criticism so long (mainly because I couldn't finish my degree and because my income level is less) it doesn't even effect me (and no, I'm not sexist, anymore). Also, if you plan to respond with "Not all women are like that" and other similar statements, please do me a favour and just save it! I never said the word "all", you did. I did say "in general", meaning that for many it's generally true. I'm not the only one who notices this either.

I love this city, just not it's women, that's for sure. This is a city I can only recommend to black men who have a good head on their shoulders and want to pursue a great IT career, not a place to do that and find a good wife that doesn't love you for your money/status. I don't recommend searching the haystack for a needle either. There are exceptions to every rule, even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Thoughts?

Shogun.
No woman no matter what race wants to be secondary to a career. Unless she is a gold digger and don't mind dating your pool guy as you dash off to work I thought it was funny how you stereotyped black women "OMG u is sooooo racist!!!!" yet complain about getting treated that way. It's all a matter of the heart . If you think poorly about your race it'll be hard for you to have a healthy relationship with any race because you'll still end up acting like your with Shannanay lol...you think it's race and it's really a heart issue a communication issue. And...if you constantly have the same issue...maybe it's you? LOL

Old 04-10-2012, 06:47 PM

2 posts, read 7,283 times
Why the need to date white women if you find them prejudiced? You are not going to change that prejudice with your degree, your job, or even if you are millionaire. You honestly have to find someone who will not even register this issue. That is if you are thinking for the long-term. If you are just into flings then I'd probably say you are wasting your time. If you look at white males, you will see a lot of them dating Asian women. There is a reason for that. They find them more stable, less materialistic (possibly true), loyal etc. It's not a generalization against white women, of course. But speaking as an Asian male, I find myself much happier not caring about superficial surfaces and being a great friend. This way you will get much more success in all races.

Old 06-07-2012, 12:05 PM

7 posts, read 11,784 times
I am a professional black man and I have lived in NYC, Boston, SF and Seattle. Seattle is by far the most interracial of them all. This is a disproportionate amount on interracial women here as well, second only to the bay area. I would also say that when I was in Seattle 3/4 of the women I dated were white.

I think you need better game bro, game. That's it. Do you think you'd get that response if you looked like chris brown or usher (I don't know) and seemed like a good guy? I'm not that good looking but I'm easy going and like to have fun.

Maybe be talk to them before asking them come home with you, stop being so focused on dating them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area