Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2013, 08:34 AM

9 posts, read 27,770 times

Advertisements

Umm Dude for one GET OFF THE INTERNET and talk to people in public. haha Go to parks, join some type of group, do YOGA, take a art class or something to get you around people. Clubs and bars are cool too I guess. Why do people form any of opinion based off of internet profiles? Do you know how many fake internet dating profiles are out there ?haha The internet is full of people that I seriously doubt you would even want to meet in person to start with. What if these women are daughters of KKK members and NEO NAZIs guys? Do you really wanna meet to a woman like that because I seriously doubt she could take you home to daddy. haha The reality is a person over the internet can be anybody and anything. It maybe one of those catfish situations too. You remember poor football player with the fake girlfriend ? lol That is what you get over the internet. So rather then judge anyone in Seattle by some internet chicks which really might be men messing with you, how about you go out there and meet some real women. Make sure they were born a woman too. haha (never can be too save)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2013, 09:01 AM

You will have to accept the fact, that every single woman has their list of qualities they look for in a guy. Sometimes skin tone has more to do with attraction than culture. You really have to be sure that it's not you because some women will say "i don't date black men" just to let you down easy. I have watched my female friend tell guys she didn't find attractive that she was either ,Lesbian ,married, not attracted to non Christians or that she only dated white men when her last both friend was Asian. haha Some women will lie and make up excuses. Growing up around women or having female friends will kind show how "SOME" women can be. Do yourself a favor and make sure it's not you. Some men that swear up and down that it's not them are usually the ones with dating issues. There are some very intelligent and easy to talk to women in Seattle but if you are really having a hard time in Seattle. Just know across the border in Vancouver BC they have some very cool and down to earth beautiful women that live there. They will have you wanting to become a Canadian. lol It's just a 2 hours and half drive. go spend a weekend or something.

Old 10-09-2013, 09:08 AM

You think that is something ? I dated a woman for 4 months and she said if I did not at least give Christianity a chance, that we could not ever have anything serious because her father would never approve of me. haha This is a 27 year old woman acting like this about religion .. Then she told me that because I was not willing to give her religion a chance, that I did not really love her. haha So dudes need to understand women have their list and some are not based in reality but that is just how it is.

Old 10-09-2013, 09:15 AM

7,934 posts, read 8,594,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshogun96 View Post
NOTE: If you are one of those overly sensitive people who tend to take things personally and easily get their feelings hurt over someone's opinions or negative experiences posted on an insignificant internet forum, then I suggest you not read this post and maybe grow up a little before reading it. You've been warned.

This is something I've been pondering for quite a while now as I see more and more women who are more or less blatant when they say they don't like black men. Why is this? I'm an ambitious and well educated single black man who is a game programmer forming his own Ltd. and strives to be a better person everyday. While I don't consider myself "actively looking" mainly because I don't have time for anymore of that dating nonsense and the games that women tend to play, I do periodically browse dating ads and what not to see what's available. I've been to many places (coast to coast), and I've never in my life seen a city with so many women that say that they want nothing to do with a black man in particular!

Quite frankly, I've been to Tennessee (a state that's rumored to be racist) and the women there were nicer to me than anywhere I've ever been, ever. Here, the most common excuse I see is "I don't date black men" both online and in person. This is coming from both black and white women. Why is this? What makes us so undesirable? I don't have the nasty ghetto attitude, smoke weed or do drugs, wear baggy and sagging clothes, or listen to that stupid booty gorilla noise known as rap either, so what's the problem? I understand that people have preferences and it's okay to be honest about them; even I have my own. But I never say "I don't date black women" because "OMG u is sooooo racist!!!!"

Don't get me wrong, I could honestly care less who likes me and who doesn't, especially women because I've had to deal with their biased criticism so long (mainly because I couldn't finish my degree and because my income level is less) it doesn't even effect me (and no, I'm not sexist, anymore). Also, if you plan to respond with "Not all women are like that" and other similar statements, please do me a favour and just save it! I never said the word "all", you did. I did say "in general", meaning that for many it's generally true. I'm not the only one who notices this either.

I love this city, just not it's women, that's for sure. This is a city I can only recommend to black men who have a good head on their shoulders and want to pursue a great IT career, not a place to do that and find a good wife that doesn't love you for your money/status. I don't recommend searching the haystack for a needle either. There are exceptions to every rule, even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Thoughts?

Shogun.
It's a tough crowd here regardless of your skin color. Men outnumber women, the women who are here tend to be reclusive and inaccessible due to the weather that prevails most of the year. A lot of people sit around playing on dating sites and never bother taking it further than that. Basically, a lot of involuntary celibacy.

Being black doesn't help either...not trying to poo-poo or make light of your point or anything. Aside from small pockets of town, Seattle is a fairly white city and in general less diverse than average for a city it's size. People will naturally be less comfortable with racial diversity considering many of them don't have as much interaction with it on a day to day basis.

Old 10-10-2013, 12:39 PM

3,533 posts, read 5,833,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
It's a tough crowd here regardless of your skin color. Men outnumber women, the women who are here tend to be reclusive and inaccessible due to the weather that prevails most of the year. A lot of people sit around playing on dating sites and never bother taking it further than that. Basically, a lot of involuntary celibacy.

Being black doesn't help either...not trying to poo-poo or make light of your point or anything. Aside from small pockets of town, Seattle is a fairly white city and in general less diverse than average for a city it's size. People will naturally be less comfortable with racial diversity considering many of them don't have as much interaction with it on a day to day basis.
There does seem to be a lot of single women in Seattle but breaking through their thick shell of arrogance, self-importance and self-righteousness is quite a feat.. They say the men in Seattle are geeky and shy, but in reality, the women in Seattle, in general (not all) are arrogant, rude and stuck up and it makes it quite intimidating for a guy to try to initiate a conversation and ask them out. I find them to be a bit hostile, but also mostly high-minded. Strangely, I actually think a lot of Seattle women have an inferiority complex and use this bloated egotistical behavior as a means to boost themselves. They want to feel like they have the power and hold the keys and want to feel like you are in need of their attention, rather than vice versa. Another thing about them is they are very serious and high-strung. Simple conversations end up seeming so intimidating, because it's like everything you say is being judged harshly.

I would say with Seattle women, you need to be persistent and ultra-confident and not worrying about receiving what I call "the passive-agressive look of death" or getting a snobby sigh, like "wow, you are talking to me! how dare you!"

I'm also thinking that the snobbiness of Seattle women is partially a facade and if you can hammer away at this persona you may be able to find the human that exists in the shell. Seattle women tend to be much more introverted and reserved than the men in this town. I've had several conversations with men in public places, but the women are so anti-social, they just huddle themselves in a corner or will never remove their eyes from their machines: laptops, tablets, or phones. They also tend to avoid showing any emotion in their face. Another thing Seattle women do is act very busy, even if they are not. They like this feeling of "I am important" and will always act like they are being disturbed, even if they want you to talk with them. They have some strange personality glitches, that I am still trying to figure out. On many occasions walking down the street I will say hello , hold a door or be polite and they literally will walk right by me, ignoring me and pretending I Don't exist. I've never encountered this coldness anywhere I have lived or visited.

Seriously, at this point, I am just wanting to meet a woman in this city who is not full of herself and lives in a shell. Is there any easy-going, friendly and modest women in this town? I don't care how beautiful they are.. Actually, I would prefer them not to be beautiful, because the more beautiful they are , even more these personality flaws I discuss are exacerbated.

On another note, black men/white women:
I notice in Tacoma I see lots of black guys with white women, but rarely the other way around. Tacoma would be a better bet for a black guy who wants a white girl. Go to the Tacoma mall at any given moment and you will see these relationships are very common. What I don't get is where these black women go for dating, considering how many mixed black men/white women relationships I am seeing? I'm thinking most stay single. Most likely dating a white man is taboo in their culture, but obviously, from what I seen, the taboo doesn't exist for black men dating white women.

Last edited by RotseCherut; 10-10-2013 at 12:48 PM..

Old 10-10-2013, 12:47 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,660,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM240 View Post
You will have to accept the fact, that every single woman has their list of qualities they look for in a guy. Sometimes skin tone has more to do with attraction than culture. You really have to be sure that it's not you because some women will say "i don't date black men" just to let you down easy. I have watched my female friend tell guys she didn't find attractive that she was either ,Lesbian ,married, not attracted to non Christians or that she only dated white men when her last both friend was Asian. haha Some women will lie and make up excuses. Growing up around women or having female friends will kind show how "SOME" women can be. Do yourself a favor and make sure it's not you. Some men that swear up and down that it's not them are usually the ones with dating issues. There are some very intelligent and easy to talk to women in Seattle but if you are really having a hard time in Seattle. Just know across the border in Vancouver BC they have some very cool and down to earth beautiful women that live there. They will have you wanting to become a Canadian. lol It's just a 2 hours and half drive. go spend a weekend or something.
That's a really ass-backwards way of letting someone down easy.

Old 10-10-2013, 02:09 PM

133 posts, read 253,217 times
Default Totally Agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by RotseCherut View Post
... hold a door or be polite and they literally will walk right by me, ignoring me and pretending I Don't exist. I've never encountered this coldness anywhere I have lived or visited.
As a black male, I will NEVER EVER hold a door for a white Seattle female again. Several times I've received the 'I don't want your courtesy' look from them. It's ugly and frightening. Once my home state legalizes marijuana I am out of this b****y city!

Last edited by Count David; 10-11-2013 at 05:29 AM..

Old 10-11-2013, 08:25 PM

24 posts, read 47,290 times
Reading these post on here tell's me something about the mindset of the General Public; that I always feared was there. Unbelievable! I couldn't go to SCC without one Trying to get me into her house lmao!

Old 10-12-2013, 08:31 PM

133 posts, read 253,217 times
Default Believe It!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle206723 View Post
Reading these post on here tell's me something about the mindset of the General Public; that I always feared was there. Unbelievable! I couldn't go to SCC without one Trying to get me into her house lmao!
I could also get a SCC gal thirsty for my Negro juice. Most of them never been with us before. But I don't want that!

Old 01-14-2014, 04:37 PM

4 posts, read 6,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle206723 View Post
Dude let me give you another point of view. I live in seattle and I don't see anything they are talking about. Majority people I talk to are very nice and cool people. Plus this is the internet, you have no idea how these people act in their every day life. lol Some people claiming racism could be very unlikeable people. Seattle to me is what most of America should be. Honestly someone finding love on the internet needs to step their game up and go out and meet women in person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area