Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2013, 08:05 AM

11,761 posts, read 14,661,252 times

Advertisements

It's not just Wal-Mart. People violate the express lane limit everywhere. Enforcement depends on the decency and good behavior of the customers, which some people, sadly, lack.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2013, 08:25 AM

1,724 posts, read 1,631,334 times
Yeah, this doesn't happen just in Wal-Mart. But as for the shopping there, I don't anymore. I found I always left there
angry! Too many people, too much noise and not enough customer service. 4 months now and I don't miss it! And I realize they won't miss me either!

Old 12-10-2013, 08:57 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,074,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pooterposh View Post
I was in Walmart on Friday with two items, my sister five. I wasnt paying attention to the lady with the shopping cart in front of me until I noticed she kept putting items on the check out counter. OBVIOUSLY
she was way over the 20 item limit. I asked her if she could read and her response was Walmart didnt have enough checkers. That may be true, but she is the one buying all that junk food so go stand in the other line/ She was VERY much a Walmart shopper (if you have seen those pictures posted all the time showing Walmart shoppers) and she thought she was so smart. So what if she gets mad, people like her only shop at Walmart. Why does Walmart not enforce their policy? After she left, the checker was very polite and apologized. Hey it is not her fault some people are rude and "ignert". If it doesnt matter how many items you have in the basket and Walmart isnt going to help people with a few items get in and out fast, they might as well take the sign down. AND that goes for the 10 items or less line too!!!
too bad you had to wait, boy I bet you were steaming, huh? at least you got your revenge by ridiculing her on this public forum.

Old 12-10-2013, 09:11 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,148,559 times
When I go to Wal Mart and pickup no more than 4 items, I shoot over to the electronics area where there is a checkout clerk usually with nothing to do. You can also check out at the Customer Service area.

Old 12-10-2013, 09:18 AM

2,453 posts, read 3,608,945 times
The jewelry counter clerk is never busy either.

Old 12-10-2013, 09:31 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,833,754 times
Look at the people who become Walmart managers. Not much to work with there.

Old 12-10-2013, 10:10 AM

233 posts, read 418,075 times
My first job was a cashier at Kmart. They had a 20 items line and I would kick people out if they had more. The manager would always get mad at me because the customer would complain because they had to wait in two different lines because they don't know how to follow instructions.
The main goal for stores is just to keep as many customers happy as much as possible so they'll come back and buy more stuff. When I'm shopping I look at what the people actually have, not what the sign says. And I go to self check-outs if they're there, because I can go faster than most of the cashiers anyway.

Old 12-10-2013, 10:20 AM

11,305 posts, read 18,899,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by volosong View Post
I absolutely love those self-checkout stations. Being a techno-geek, I can get through them really quickly and on my way.
Me too but I usually only use them if the wait is really really short vs. the regular lines. I keep getting this feeling that the more I use them the more likely I'm slowly eliminating someone's job......

As for the topic of this thread, they really shouldn't have such a checkout if it won't be enforced.

Old 12-10-2013, 10:52 AM

8,775 posts, read 11,911,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
When I go to Wal Mart and pickup no more than 4 items, I shoot over to the electronics area where there is a checkout clerk usually with nothing to do. You can also check out at the Customer Service area.
People do that at our store too but I think Garden Dept. gets the most. They are actually set up for it. They can't checkout at Customer Service though, unless the transaction has been suspended for some reason and they have to get it a little later. A lot of people leave their wallets in the car, or even at home, and have to run and get them. In order to keep the lines moving we suspend the transaction, send it to customer service and proceed.

Old 12-10-2013, 11:08 AM

8,775 posts, read 11,911,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Wishes View Post
Me too but I usually only use them if the wait is really really short vs. the regular lines. I keep getting this feeling that the more I use them the more likely I'm slowly eliminating someone's job......

As for the topic of this thread, they really shouldn't have such a checkout if it won't be enforced.
Nobody is going to lose a job if you use self checkout. In our store there is a definite need for them. Between the two (8 scanners) they process well over 1,000 transactions a day. Add to that all the other registers and, believe me, there's work for everyone.

I agree that we should be able to enforce the rules but the big box stores lean waaay over backward to appease customers and keep them 'happy'. People get really angry when you try. I can't tell you how many people I've actually lowered a price for just because they were totally b*tchy about something. It's called Customer Service. I call it Customer A$$ Kissing, which I guess is the same thing. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products