Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2017, 08:43 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,519,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinatras View Post
I feel a lot more relaxed today with these eastern shifts. Maybe relaxing is a mistake.
I was prepared to head up to AL this a.m. but the news changed my plans and will hunker down. Hope I'm not wrong. Feels like Russian Roulette.

Old 09-06-2017, 09:02 AM

745 posts, read 1,586,515 times
Yea I'm prepared to drive north too, but it seems it's shifting east.

Old 09-06-2017, 09:12 AM

4,501 posts, read 3,879,414 times
Even bigger shift now
Attached Thumbnails
Irma! Are you prepared for this storm that seems to be heading out way!-cone.png  

Old 09-06-2017, 09:44 AM

1,357 posts, read 1,250,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinatras View Post
Even bigger shift now
Yea, and this latest model from AW shows now as Cat 3 by time it gets to US. Keep those fingers crossed it stays east and intensity throttles down....

Old 09-06-2017, 10:04 AM

5,687 posts, read 7,207,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
I guess anybody coming to CDF for info is probably clueless and out in rightfield, but for the record here's the straight poop so you're not confused.

From Hurricane Tracking and Hurricane coverage from MyFoxHurricane.com | Powered by FOX 13 News and the FOX Network

Time for some late night/early morning Irma analysis! (4 hrs ago).

The Euro and the GFS are back to being pretty much being on the same page!

We saw hints of a track shift to the east on Tuesday. Now the overnight runs of both the EURO and the GFS have as least temporarily agreed on a track very near or just off the east coast. This makes sense because the ridge steering Irma appears to be a bit weaker allowing the turn to occur sooner rather than later. More than likely the National Hurricane Center will follow suit and adjust their forecast track at least a little bit to the east. Remember, just 50 miles makes a huge difference. You all remember Matthew's trip off the coast last year. It was not a good scene on the immediate east coast, but the weather was markedly better as you moved west across Florida. I am not going to say this is it. We are good. Let's all sit tight and see how things play out today before we get too excited. We need to see consistency. East is better for the Tampa Bay are, but for Florida's sake, we have to hope the storm stays offshore. The model tracks are dangerously close to big population centers along the east coast. Unfortunately, it does look like Irma will hit South Carolina middle of next week. Valid time of graphics below is Sunday evening. Euro top. GFS bottom.

Paul Dellegatto
https://www.facebook.com/paul.dellegattofox/
Dellegatto was hinting at this on one of his reports yesterday evening, although he couldn't come right out and say it. Of all the weather folks in this area, I trust him the most. I remember him saying something like "There are many places this storm can go, it doesn't have to be Tampa." He seems to know a lot about the models and one point he made is that we have a better idea of what's going to happen when the Euro and the GFS begin to merge into agreement.

Old 09-06-2017, 10:16 AM

440 posts, read 597,205 times
Well they just rolled down the storm shudders here at work in preparation, although i think it may be a little premature. Now the office is really dark

Old 09-06-2017, 10:31 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,133,354 times
yes and they are now predicting that the storm will go straight up florida and it is does no one is safe because it is 400 miles wide . then if it goes east we in south Carolina mainly Charleston low country are in trouble . we live more inland so all we will most likely get is rains and heavy winds . so guess I will bungee cord my grill to my deck and bring my deck chairs inside tonight or on Saturday .

Old 09-06-2017, 10:57 AM

7,937 posts, read 20,408,399 times
they are reporting a possible direct hit to the East Coast however the Cone will still be in or over florida and all parts of the state will still be effected but Yes good news is tropical winds and not hurricane winds...The Euro Model comes out at 2Pm

Old 09-06-2017, 10:59 AM

65 posts, read 71,471 times
Both Tampa and Pinellas cancelled school for tomorrow and Friday. I live off Gandy in a flood zone. Never been here for a hurricane. Any idea where I should go?

Old 09-06-2017, 11:05 AM

7,937 posts, read 20,408,399 times
Mike's Weather Page
4 mins
Latest 12z GFS from tropicaltidbits.com. Flip-floping back to the west some. Skirts whole east coast of FL this time heading towards GA/SC. Still showing a deepening system near the Bahamas. Still showing possible expansion. Expecting EURO to trend close to this and maybe a tad bit more west. We will see soon. And yes that is Jose following behind. Will he influence his big sister is my question. Mike's Weather Page... powered by Sparks Energy! / Mikes Weather Page APP
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay