Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2011, 03:12 PM

2,360 posts, read 5,249,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lameduck51 View Post
You're my resident expert, so.....

The area of Spring Hill just south of '50' in South Brooksville. About 3-4 miles south of '50' to be precise.

Okay? Stay away from? Depends where?
If at all possible you really should come down and take a look around. Most places look pretty good on the internet. Pick out a list of places and come down and drive around those neighborhoods and see how the people keep up their property.That will tell you a whole lot about the area. Even a couple of those areas up above RT 50 that were really nice a few years are starting to fall apart now. The key is doing a lot of homework and coming down and looking around in person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2011, 07:05 PM

142 posts, read 315,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1306 View Post
Sterling Hill had one of the worst foreclosure rates for the area.
There are many renters in there and between the CCD fee and HOA your per month cost shoots up. Nice homes and not a bad area but the CDD fees really throw it off, you are looking probably an extra $150 a month on the fee.

If you look just north of 50 in the lower part of Royal Highlands you can find some nice homes, more land with the home and still close to everything.
If you go a little further up it becomes more rural and many limerock roads which many people don't like. I myself live on a limerock road and don't mind it.

Over off Spring Hill Dr just east of Barclay on the other side of the Suncoast Pkwy you have a couple of nice communities and in the middle of Spring Hill there are many also.
You just about nailed the CDD/HOA fees to the penny. $1,890 for the year, or $157.50 per month. Nice to know that there are a lot of renters in this particular sub. Even better to know that the sub is chock full of foreclosures.
Instability is about the last thing I'm looking for, and foreclosures and renters sure spell instability.

Thanks for the heads up.

Old 02-12-2011, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken E View Post
If at all possible you really should come down and take a look around. Most places look pretty good on the internet. Pick out a list of places and come down and drive around those neighborhoods and see how the people keep up their property.That will tell you a whole lot about the area. Even a couple of those areas up above RT 50 that were really nice a few years are starting to fall apart now. The key is doing a lot of homework and coming down and looking around in person.
We're going to be down there during the week of February 21st.....and I've spent more time researching Florida housing than I did putting together my master's thesis back in 1979, but......

it's better than going into this relocation process blind, making a mistake, and regretting it later.

I've read a few posts on this thread from people who are suffering from a terminal case of buyer's remorse, and I really feel sorry for him/her/them.

Appreciate the helpful hint.

Old 02-13-2011, 05:55 AM

30,443 posts, read 21,280,188 times
Quote:
You just about nailed the CDD/HOA fees to the penny. $1,890 for the year, or $157.50 per month. Nice to know that there are a lot of renters in this particular sub. Even better to know that the sub is chock full of foreclosures.
Instability is about the last thing I'm looking for, and foreclosures and renters sure spell instability.

Thanks for the heads up.
Renters have ruined the Port richey area and turned it into a drug heaven.

Old 02-13-2011, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASLS2 View Post
Renters have ruined the Port richey area and turned it into a drug heaven.
Does this apply to ALL of Port Richey and New Port Richey? or only to some areas?
I've got 23 houses to look at in New Port Richey.....all but a few on the east side of US-19.

23 is a bit too many. I'd like to cut that number roughly in half.
Any specificity you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Old 02-13-2011, 06:58 AM

8,489 posts, read 20,651,257 times
Quote:
Does this apply to ALL of Port Richey and New Port Richey? or only to some areas?
I've got 23 houses to look at in New Port Richey.....all but a few on the east side of US-19.

Thanks.
Check his other posts to get an idea of what the answer to your question will be before he answers.

Old 02-13-2011, 08:04 AM

Quote:

Thanks.
Most of the area is bad. I know West port and Holiday seem to be the worst. If the hood looks like trash then you should already know it's bad. There are some nicer areas with newer and bigger homes mixed around the area that are nicer.

Old 02-13-2011, 09:20 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,142,671 times
yes.. Ive passed that large subdivision while on Powell Road.

Nice area. I dont know about the development itself though.

Quote:
I know you're not big with street names, but it's in a sub-division called Sterling Hill.
It's 3.8 miles due south of Mariner Square.

Sound okay to you?

Old 02-13-2011, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1306 View Post
Check his other posts to get an idea of what the answer to your question will be before he answers.
Did what you said and went back. Before all hades broke loose on this thread, the specifics were anything west of US-19 and three miles east of 19 was bad territory.
Just wanted to be sure that the boundaries hadn't changed as a result of the subsequent open exchange of opinions.

Do you concur with his opinion? They say that two heads are better than one, so please feel free to be the 2nd head.....or the first. I'm not keeping track of the standings. It's only spring training and the games don't really count unless you're a rookie like me.

;-)

Old 02-13-2011, 07:15 PM

Mike thinks the same areas i'm talking about is all peaches and cream. He does not even live in the area. Just ride around and see for yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay