Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2013, 08:42 PM

4,435 posts, read 6,304,590 times

Advertisements

DFW is experiencing a lot more earthquake activity in recent years due to the additions of In-N-Out burger, Del Taco and other California transplanted items.

Old 04-18-2013, 10:05 PM

490 posts, read 1,097,986 times
I really don't want to deal with tornadoes, hail storms, ice storms, snow events, freezing cold winter temperatures, extreme summer heat, drought/water restrictions, hard water, smog, hurricanes, extreme wind events, terrible traffic, exorbitantly high property taxes, shifting home foundations, hay fever, Evangelicals, fire ants, brown recluse spiders, no beach, no mountains, AND earthquakes!

Dallas sounds like an absolute nightmare, and I really wish this wasn't true.

Old 04-19-2013, 12:02 AM

2,930 posts, read 5,272,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1070 View Post
No but he and I were having a conversation here about the suburban areas of Dallas and Phoenix and then a Houston poster comes back saying that Dallas and it's downtown are 1/2 the size of Houston. So looking at the overall conversation I came to the conclusion that the Houston responder did not fully understand the direction the conversation was taking and I offered clarity.
The conversation veered off a little, but we were generally talking about the same thing. Seeing that there was an earlier conversation he asked about neighborhoods and aesthetics of Dallas and Houston (referring to his post 7916), he was still talking about aesthetics in his post 7931 by saying that it was what separated Phoenix, Dallas from other areas such as Houston and Miami.

While I did make the downtown comparison, that wasn't the only thing I mentioned. The comparison was just to re-iterate that Houston has plenty of nice neighborhoods that are just as aesthetically pleasing, it's just harder to infill those areas to have the same visual impact as its had on Dallas. Done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatUpFLA View Post
I really don't want to deal with tornadoes, hail storms, ice storms, snow events, freezing cold winter temperatures, extreme summer heat, drought/water restrictions, hard water, smog, hurricanes, extreme wind events, terrible traffic, exorbitantly high property taxes, shifting home foundations, hay fever, Evangelicals, fire ants, brown recluse spiders, no beach, no mountains, AND earthquakes!

You'll be alright dude! The last tornado in Dallas didn't do my friend's car too bad. At least now he can say he has a convertible.

Old 04-19-2013, 12:15 AM

6,843 posts, read 10,966,660 times
Neither Houston or Dallas remind me of each other, not one bit to be honest.

Old 04-19-2013, 08:58 AM

8,928 posts, read 14,339,761 times
Quote:

You're really blowing things out of proportion. There's always a million and one reasons not to live somewhere, but you're only worrying yourself.

Old 04-19-2013, 11:11 AM

6,292 posts, read 7,500,301 times
Question What up ?

Quote:

Make up your mind ,You need to get things straight. Half of these are Dallas insults, and half of them are Houston insults, and a few are interchangable. Are you a troll just posting on the Hou v Dal thread just to get a rise out of people?

Recap of Whatups post

1) Whatup post his friend said Houston is a PIT ! but whatup thinks that is harsh..

2) He post Dallas subburbs are like Phoenix subburbs, "nice and clean" and all.

3) Next he post South Texas like Florida is flooded with RIFFRAFF ? Houston included.

4) He then post that Earthquakes scare him.

5) When Houston poster ask for clarifacation, whatup claims ignorance of Dallas siesmic activity in the past.

6) When Dallas posters try to calm his fears, whatup freaksout and post a diatribe of rambling insults not specific to Dallas or anywhere else, and claims Dallas sounds like an absolute "nighmare" and he wishes it weren't, and leaves us with the impression that he would never live in the place he has spent the past three days glorifying.

7) Whats up with whatup ?

(justme style)

Old 04-19-2013, 11:16 AM

18,495 posts, read 32,953,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Lance View Post
Yea, didn't a bridge fall on some guy canoeing down the Trinity during an earthquake !
Heard it was a steamship

Old 04-19-2013, 11:35 AM

12,498 posts, read 26,994,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
Then, by all means, go with Dallas.

A lot of people do prefer the more "plastic", cleaner look. I can admit that Dallas is a cuter city than Houston is.
Dallas is the sassy little sister who covers up her many flaws with gobs of Mary Kay makeup & is constantly bragging to everyone & wants to be reminded how beautiful they are all the time even if that beauty is only skin deep. All of the botched plastic surgeries over the years are taking a toll on her body & are making her look more & more like Donatella Versace. She wasn't the most popular girl in school, but she was the most popular girl in her classroom. She flaunts her Dolly Parton bee hive big hair & drives a Cadillac while listening to Country Music & Dance Music. Her expensive taste for clothes & fine wine make her all that much more pretentious. Dallas belongs to all of the elite local country clubs & loves a night out on the town. She's all about the glitz, glamour, & nightlife of the big city. Her maxed out American Express Blue Cash Card & 30K per year salary she makes working as a sales lady at Versace in North Park Mall can't keep up with her lavish life she lives in Uptown eating sushi every night.

Houston is the older, brawny big brother who didn't finish college, but settled for a VERY good paying blue collar job & has no real feelings towards his little sister (Dallas) unless she is picked on by strangers...then he'll defend her, but most of the time its like she doesn't even exist. He usually does his own thing & minds his own business otherwise. His musical taste is in Country Music & Gangster Rap. His vehicles are a black jacked up Chevy on Mickey Thompsons & a candy paint El Camino on hydros. He loves his steak, seafood, Cajun food, & an ice cold Miller. Houston is a down to Earth fellow, but will fight tooth & nail if provoked at a bar fight & will likely win that fight against anyone who crosses his path (minus NYC, LA, & Chicago).

Last edited by Metro Matt; 04-19-2013 at 12:53 PM..

Old 04-19-2013, 11:56 AM

5,673 posts, read 7,452,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Dallas is the sassy little sister who covers up her many flaws with gobs of makeup & is constantly bragging to everyone & wants to be reminded how beautiful they are all the time even if that beauty is only skin deep. All of the botched plastic surgeries over the years are taking a toll on her body & are making her look more & more like Donatella Versace. She's not the most popular girl in school, but she is the most popular girl in her classroom. She flaunts her expensive taste in cars, clothes, & fine wine.

Houston is the older, brawny big brother who didn't finish college, but settled for a VERY good paying blue collar job & has no real feelings towards his little sister unless she is picked on by strangers then he'll defend her. He usually does his own thing & minds his own business otherwise. Houston is a down to Earth fellow, but will fight tooth & nail if provoked at a bar fight & will likely win that fight against anyone who crosses his path (minus NYC, LA, & Chicago).
If the cities were girls... Houston would be more like the older bigger tougher lesbian butch sister not big brother.

Dallas= Jessica Simpson
Houston= Rosie o'donnell

Old 04-19-2013, 12:06 PM

6,292 posts, read 7,500,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
If the cities were girls... Houston would be more like the older bigger tougher lesbian butch sister not big brother.

Dallas= Jessica Simpson
Houston= Rosie o'donnell
How many times have you used that same comparison ?

BTW Rosie is not from Houston...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas