Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 03:21 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,368,760 times

Advertisements

If Baez had any ethics, he would have turned this case down. He has no death penalty experience, and no experience with a criminal trial of this magnitude.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2011, 04:16 PM

5,139 posts, read 8,850,891 times
Wasn't Baez recommended to Casey by all the "gals in the lockup" as THE MAN to represent her?

Old 06-29-2011, 04:22 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times
^ He has a nice look, but that won't help much...perhaps she likes his face and had the pleasure of looking at it for 3 yrs...now he is the one responsible for her bad chances added to her actions...

That is like double trouble!

Old 06-29-2011, 04:25 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritos View Post
Baez is ethically required by the Florida Bar to ZEALOUSLY represent his client, so I would suspect what you might consider "respect" for the Anthonys by Baez would mean not treating them as ordinary witnesses. If he did that, he would be failing in his responsibility to his client if he did not pursue the issues you've seen so far.

I don't know what it is you are seeing in CA at counsel table that informs you that she so deeply wants to take the stand and testify. I don't see that. She does not look to me like a defendant "itching" to testify.
The smirk on her face and the way she reacts to what is stated during some witness statements...looks to me she can't wait to tell the world what she really thinks about her family...

Old 06-29-2011, 04:29 PM

Sad. In jail videos her family advised her to find other representation. Sad, she should have lsistened to them. But, typical narricistic, she ignores all advice.

Old 06-29-2011, 04:46 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
If Baez is, indeed, going to rest his case tomorrow he gets a D on the whole thing. The jury is going to go into deliberations saying WTHeck on his opening statement. He did one horrible job of presenting any evidence to back up his claims.

And I think he's going to get killed when the Prosecution rebuts.

Old 06-29-2011, 05:58 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,896,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
If Baez is, indeed, going to rest his case tomorrow he gets a D on the whole thing. The jury is going to go into deliberations saying WTHeck on his opening statement. He did one horrible job of presenting any evidence to back up his claims.

And I think he's going to get killed when the Prosecution rebuts.
My God, from the news clips, Baez could have been working for the prosecution today...complete with Casey's cold evil emotionless glare when her father was breaking down. Today, he just executed his client. I think he sealed doom for her today. So many mistakes.

Old 06-29-2011, 07:21 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
..complete with Casey's cold evil emotionless glare when her father was breaking down. .
I wondered if she was coached to do that. (I'm not buying the molestation claim.) Meaning someone told her to stare daggers at the man who molested her.

If so, it didn't work. Word is people were openly weeping in the courtroom when George broke down. The judge himself gave George some tissues and a baliff patted him on the back in comfort. Casey looked like she had no soul.

Old 06-29-2011, 11:28 PM

94 posts, read 48,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
The smirk on her face and the way she reacts to what is stated during some witness statements...looks to me she can't wait to tell the world what she really thinks about her family...
Sorry. I don't/haven't seen any smirk.

What is see is a young woman who is in the most horrific drama anyone could ever imagine experiencing. IMO, Casey Anthony's demeanor is appropriate for the situation. Also, I wouldn't expect to see a sex abuse victim crying for his/her abuser either.

Old 06-30-2011, 03:34 AM

Contrary to "popular" belief, there is no one way that adult children of abuse act. It is varied, depending on the level of abuse. But many children of abuse protect abusive parents.

I rate Baez today, as worse than ever, giving George the opportunity to bleed all over the floor yesterday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime