Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2011, 09:29 AM

10,113 posts, read 10,969,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Baez sounds like the bad sales people we sometimes deal with who talk and talk and get on your nerves and haven't said anything but wasting your time...jmo
zzzzzz He is going to put the jury to sleep! I had to mute him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2011, 09:54 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,364,053 times
So far, ZZZZZ, not impressed with the closing. Glad my life is not in this guy's hands!

Old 07-03-2011, 10:39 AM

Lunch Break until 1:30

Baez has 3 1/2 hours still available to him when they return.

He WILL use the 3 1/2 hours doing the "I will get back to that or I will talk about that in a minute."

This means if he uses his 3 1/2 hours it will be 5:00 PM (or later depending on court recesses.)

The jury will be catatonic or comatose by that time.

The State has rebuttal time after Baez disables the jury mentally or puts them to sleep.

Old 07-03-2011, 10:43 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times
The longer Baez will talk the worse it will be for Casey and I was shocked that he proposed to the lunch like he was out of breath....if I was on the jury this would really annoy me...the jury was already kept out longer due to the high school picture bs Baez was trying to pull off...

You can also see the State is ready to slam dunk this case after Baez is done.

Old 07-03-2011, 10:52 AM

Quote:
The longer Baez will talk the worse it will be for Casey and I was shocked that he proposed to the lunch like he was out of breath....if I was on the jury this would really annoy me...the jury was already kept out longer due to the high school picture bs Baez was trying to pull off...

You can also see the State is ready to slam dunk this case after Baez is done.

I wish they would put the camera more on the State when Baez is doing his number. They just sit and stare like OMG what will he come up with next.

I hope the jury realizes, once the Defense started their case, they have had so many delays, having to leave the courtroom and sit for long periods of time in that little jury room, sidebars and even dismissing them. If Baez had his case prepared there would have been less delays.

He literally messed up with his opening statement and has not been able to follow through or prove anything he said.

Old 07-03-2011, 02:22 PM

288 posts, read 168,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
I wish they would put the camera more on the State when Baez is doing his number. They just sit and stare like OMG what will he come up with next.

I hope the jury realizes, once the Defense started their case, they have had so many delays, having to leave the courtroom and sit for long periods of time in that little jury room, sidebars and even dismissing them. If Baez had his case prepared there would have been less delays.

He literally messed up with his opening statement and has not been able to follow through or prove anything he said.
Interesting that even the "experts" on TV are saying that Baez is doing a very good job in closing this afternoon.

Would that the state had just been sitting there with no facial expressions. Unfortunately, Jeff Ashton could not keep the smirks and other facial expressions off his face! Busted! Even after he just made teh statement to the judge that he trusted the court's judgement, when Ashton sat down, he yet again twisted his face into another expression of exasperation! (<---- like this) It is against the rules that the judge set out to make those kinds of facial expressions before the jury. Body language is what that is. Ashton is saying to the jury with his facial expressions during Baez's closing, "oh, that guy is so stupid." That crap is not allowed.

Old 07-03-2011, 03:05 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgain View Post
Interesting that even the "experts" on TV are saying that Baez is doing a very good job in closing this afternoon.

Would that the state had just been sitting there with no facial expressions. Unfortunately, Jeff Ashton could not keep the smirks and other facial expressions off his face! Busted! Even after he just made teh statement to the judge that he trusted the court's judgement, when Ashton sat down, he yet again twisted his face into another expression of exasperation! (<---- like this) It is against the rules that the judge set out to make those kinds of facial expressions before the jury. Body language is what that is. Ashton is saying to the jury with his facial expressions during Baez's closing, "oh, that guy is so stupid." That crap is not allowed.
He laughed behind his hand just as he stated....did you see all the smirks of Baez during the entire trial...Baez doesn't want Ashton to be punished because it will means that he himself will get his 2nd slap on the wrist...he stil has the contempt of court issue to deal with so he doesn't want a 2nd issue....

Old 07-03-2011, 03:15 PM

288 posts, read 168,136 times
Quote:
He laughed behind his hand just as he stated....did you see all the smirks of Baez during the entire trial...Baez doesn't want Ashton to be punished because it will means that he himself will get his 2nd slap on the wrist...he stil has the contempt of court issue to deal with so he doesn't want a 2nd issue....
I saw it on TV myself. I've observed hundreds of criminal trials not on TV. That kind of behavior by Ashton is improper and very unprofessional. He was doing far more than the laugh behind his hand. I couldn't believe what I was seeing and that the court was allowing that kind of display by one of the attorneys.

Old 07-03-2011, 03:34 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,364,053 times
Baez gets an "F" for today. He did his typical stall defense, several times today. At least Cheney is trying to clean up the mess now. The closing arguments of the defense have not swayed me at all.

1. Caylee is dead.
2. Casey is a pathological liar.
3. Casey wanted to party.

That pretty much sums it up. No doubt about her guilt to me. Even after defense closing arguments.

Old 07-03-2011, 03:39 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Baez should have had that jury weeping so loudly you could hear them in Quebec. My God! The injustice! Let this poor, grieving woman return to her home and the bosom of her family.

F.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime