Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2011, 09:59 PM

6,940 posts, read 9,679,931 times

Advertisements

Do you think Lee had anything to do with it?

Old 07-09-2011, 10:25 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,637,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
The jury saw and heard all they needed to come to a 'beyond reasonable doubt' guilty verdict. The media need not, should not, and did not, play a role in their decision.
This jury was also not made up of "critical thinkers".

They took no notes and asked no questions. One of them was concerned about making their cruise in time.

You had a supermarket cashier, a CNA, a few of them had been convicted of DUIs.

Not an educated group of people.

I live not too far from the county where the jury came from(Pinellas) and they went through hundreds of people before selecting these twelve.

The jury selection was a big news story here and a lot of people got out it because they didn't want to be stuck in Orlando in a hotel room for weeks on end.

Many cited work and family reasons for not being able to serve.

FL for some reason doesn't do what other states do and move high profile trials to another part of the state.

Instead they got a jury from another county, which didn't make much sense as it was still close by.

I saw the one female juror(last name of Ford) as well as a male alternate on the news. Not to be mean but neither one of them was what you would call well spoken.

Not the kind of people who are going to analyze details, think things through, or ask questions.

Old 07-09-2011, 10:26 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,364,053 times
And now Casey has been offered a million dollars to "tell her story" on a show. She could tell how she delibrately killed her child, to go party.

I hope the jurors watch the show.

What concerns me about this is "copy cat". There ARE crazy people out there, take Nadia Suleman as an example, anyway, I hpe no one is crazy enough to do a "Casey" for the fame.
Believe me, there are some major crazy people out there.

Old 07-10-2011, 08:16 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Actually, a few things are off...

Casey would not help because she was told not to speak to them by her lawyer and her lawyer told the search party not to talk about the case with them.

Georges' FRIEND was pissed off that Casey wouldn't talk. I can't repeat here what was allegedly said but it wasn't George, he wasn't home yet, it was his friend.

I did not interpret Cindy as trying to pacify a sociopathic daughter. I got the indication that Cindy knew damn good and well what happened and tried to control everything in order to "protect" (for serious lack of another word), her daughter...or herself.

I don't think she was in denial at all. I think she knew. I think something happened and Cindy helped, "clean up the mess" or was there when that something happened just like I think those letters by both Casey and Cindy, while Casey was in jail, were totally staged. They knew people were reading them...I read them all and I didn't buy a word of it. All an act. Both Cindy and Casey are liars...that's not opinion, it was proven.

I think George is the one who didn't have a clue...I mean, I'm sure he was told, but I think he had nothing to do with anything whether people think it was cold blooded murder or accident. But I think he knew something happened when he told her to "make an X" on the map so the searchers could start searching.

Which brings me to ask my question again, DID THE PROSECUTORS PRESENT THIS in the court for the jury to hear? If they did, was it the entire interview or just snippets? If they didn't, is it because it's all "heresay"?

Sure, smiling and giggling and offering food and drinks does not mean one is a murderer but it sure does make someone look harder at that person.
What you believe doesn't make any sense. First Cindy was the one who called the police frantic her granddaughter had been missing for a month and hadn't seen her. Casey's trunk smelled and Cindy thought there may have been a dead body in there. If Cindy knew all she would not react that way at all.

Old 07-10-2011, 08:35 AM

10,113 posts, read 10,967,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
This jury was also not made up of "critical thinkers".

They took no notes and asked no questions. One of them was concerned about making their cruise in time.

You had a supermarket cashier, a CNA, a few of them had been convicted of DUIs.

Not an educated group of people.

I live not too far from the county where the jury came from(Pinellas) and they went through hundreds of people before selecting these twelve.

The jury selection was a big news story here and a lot of people got out it because they didn't want to be stuck in Orlando in a hotel room for weeks on end.

Many cited work and family reasons for not being able to serve.

FL for some reason doesn't do what other states do and move high profile trials to another part of the state.

Instead they got a jury from another county, which didn't make much sense as it was still close by.

I saw the one female juror(last name of Ford) as well as a male alternate on the news. Not to be mean but neither one of them was what you would call well spoken.

Not the kind of people who are going to analyze details, think things through, or ask questions.
You are absolutely right. Ford, Juror #3 was often called the 'giggler.' I watched the jury selection and I recall she would answer each question appearing to tell them what they wanted to hear. If it wasn't what they wanted she would giggle and correct her answer. I thought then oh no she is a flake. Several on that jury didn't even finish high school.

They wanted to go home and as we know one juror had the trip to Europe paid for with no refund and departed on July 7. I know he/she was in a hurry.

A trial of this magnitude and not one question.

But ... it's the great American way ... a jury of our peers!

Old 07-10-2011, 08:39 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
It sounds like your parents are enablers. Just like Cindy. Bad idea.
I know a few people who are not responsible and can drive anyone crazy.. I know a drunk who abused his 80 year old mother constantly. She was always putting him in hospitals to get him well. She died and he drove her crazy to the end and never got sober. The rest of her kids were high achievers.

Another person I know left her 3 kids , became a lesbian and partied,drank and took drugs. She was in and out of hospitals for drug abuse. Lucky her childrens father came from a very wealthy family. Yet this woman drove her parents crazy. They got no peace.

These kinds of people are scattered across society and cause harm to many others just like Casey.

I also had a dear lady come to my door one day saying her son wrote her from jail. He was a homeless guy who had walked down my street with his belongings and placed them under bushes on my street. It is a beach community.The woman was well dressed , very sweet and very sad. She had said she looked in my bushes in the front of my house and they were not there. I proceeded down the street reading the letter and we found the two canvas bags under bushes that had been there for months. I helped her put them in the car . She opened one and saw his belongings . How sad some people have to live this reality of loved ones who can't fit into society normally.

I have compassion on the people who have to deal with their loved ones who create trouble continually and they don't get any rest or peace.

Old 07-10-2011, 08:50 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,364,053 times
I think Lee was completely out of the loop. I think cindy and Casey had a huge fight before Casey left about Caylee. George knew what Casey was capable of, but did not want to believe it, he wanted to drink the kool-aid, and enjoy the breather while she was gone. Cindy was crazy with anger but did not believe Casey would kill Caylee.

What a three ring circus that family was, and the whole trial.

I think a new law should be that jurors cannot profit from civic duty. One has been offered $50,000 for an appearance on a show. I don't know if they are waiting for more.

Old 07-10-2011, 09:01 AM

1,619 posts, read 2,828,603 times
I may have missed it and/or the judge has not ruled/sentenced her yet -- what was she sentenced re: lying to police x 4? And if so, please do not tell me that she received a reduced sentence for time served?

Old 07-10-2011, 09:08 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,184,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I think Lee was completely out of the loop. I think cindy and Casey had a huge fight before Casey left about Caylee. George knew what Casey was capable of, but did not want to believe it, he wanted to drink the kool-aid, and enjoy the breather while she was gone. Cindy was crazy with anger but did not believe Casey would kill Caylee.

What a three ring circus that family was, and the whole trial.

I think a new law should be that jurors cannot profit from civic duty. One has been offered $50,000 for an appearance on a show. I don't know if they are waiting for more.
I agree with all your 'thinking' jasper!

I really don't think a jury should be able to profit to this magnitude on a court case. They should each be allowed, and encouraged, to make public open-press statements in order to speak their individual peace, but not to profit over a $1000 from it. I don't mind them making something for the time they spent, but to sell your opinion to the highest bidder makes the court process appear less professional.

Old 07-10-2011, 09:10 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,184,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarmaple View Post
I may have missed it and/or the judge has not ruled/sentenced her yet -- what was she sentenced re: lying to police x 4? And if so, please do not tell me that she received a reduced sentence for time served?
Yes. She gets out of jail next week Sunday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime