Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2011, 05:48 PM

16,076 posts, read 28,599,712 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Casey was never an "adult" she was enabled to live the life of a child in her parents home, with a car provided by them, a home provided by them, money, cell phone, that is part of the problem.
Exactly. A parent who believed her daughter who never graduated high school and no skills could afford to pay a nanny.

Old 09-17-2011, 07:57 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,870,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
I'm not trying to be off topic, but I found it pretty darn ironic that the local couple who's python killed their 2 year old, with no malice or premeditation on their part, they were DEVASTATED...not partying afterwards, actually got 12 year prison sentences.

I mean, what they did was stupid and negligent....but then some lying piece of crap like Casey goes free. The judicial system is cracking somewhere.
This is aggravated manslaughter of a child. If someone does not take proper care or watch over a child appropriate for the child's age, it is aggravated manslaughter of a child. This was one of the lesser charges in the Casey Anthony trial and Casey's defense as much as admitted to this with their opening statement. However, the doorknob jury did not do their due diligence on these matters. The jury just wanted to go home or on the cruise one of them had booked or whatever.

Old 09-17-2011, 09:07 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,589,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Exactly. A parent who believed her daughter who never graduated high school and no skills could afford to pay a nanny.
Depends on what she told them. Perhaps board was part of her payment. Also, what kind of state aid was she getting or told her parents she was getting. There is child care help for low income people

Old 09-17-2011, 11:27 PM

16,076 posts, read 28,599,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Depends on what she told them. Perhaps board was part of her payment. Also, what kind of state aid was she getting or told her parents she was getting. There is child care help for low income people
True, we don't know the details.

I'll assume the medical bills Cindy wanted reimbursement for were incurred from Caylees birth, Casey would have been 20.

Why did Cindy take on Caseys medical bills when she was an adult eligable for assistance?

The girl was totally engulfed by her mothers control and not allowed to grow up.

I'm not saying shes not responsible for her actions as an adult, but you can't keep someone dependent amd then expect they act responsibly.

Old 09-18-2011, 12:06 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,080,599 times
Remember, Casey wanted to give Caylee up for adoption.

I imagine Cindy made all kinds of promises to Casey to get her to change her mind and keep the baby. "We will help financially, you can live with us rent free, we will babysit whenever you want, you can go out whenever you want".......etc. etc.

To her credit, Casey was not ready to be a mother and she knew it, and if Cindy hadn't butted in, Caylee would be alive today with adoptive parents.

Old 09-18-2011, 05:45 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,661,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post

I imagine Cindy made all kinds of promises to Casey to get her to change her mind and keep the baby. "We will help financially, you can live with us rent free, we will babysit whenever you want, you can go out whenever you want".......etc. etc.

To her credit, Casey was not ready to be a mother and she knew it, and if Cindy hadn't butted in, Caylee would be alive today with adoptive parents.
Yes, we can imagine all of the promises and when Cindy decided to come up with "tough love", all deals were off.
Casey took the matter into her own hands and freed herself, I do not believe there was anything accidental about it. "You are not going to keep your end of the bargain, there will be nothing to bargain with." I think the "flurry of calls" were Cindy's last chance and her not answering sealed Caylee's fate.

Old 09-18-2011, 06:21 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,589,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
True, we don't know the details.

I'll assume the medical bills Cindy wanted reimbursement for were incurred from Caylees birth, Casey would have been 20.

Why did Cindy take on Caseys medical bills when she was an adult eligable for assistance?

The girl was totally engulfed by her mothers control and not allowed to grow up.

I'm not saying shes not responsible for her actions as an adult, but you can't keep someone dependent amd then expect they act responsibly.
Acting irresponsibly is one thing....killing your child or placing your child in a situation where they get killed is quite another. Now you're dealing with knowing right from wrong. And just because child will accept parents allowing them to be irresponsible doesn't mean they have no choice but to be irresponsible when there is no one around to bail them out. I get the impression Casey moving out was an attempt to get the girl to grow up. It appears she refused.

And you don't know who was controlling who here. I've been in a situation where it was the child who was controlling the situation but to outsiders it looked like us. I have a SIL who took dss#1 because she believed we were causing his problems but she quickly found he was causing ours. Within six weeks she told her husband, "Either the kid goes or I go." and he was back home. It is very possible that Casey's parents were hanging on for dear life with a kid who refused to grow up. Things might have been quite different if Casey hadn't had a child. The presence of the child means that others would do more for Casey . And for a while it worked and then she moved out.... the rest is history. For all we know, Casey used Caylee to get what she wanted from her parents. When she moved out, and no longer lived with her parents, she didn't need Caylee anymore...

Once you are an adult, you can no longer blame your parents for what YOU choose to do. You make your own choices as an adult. Casey chose to lie about her daughter's death. THAT alone tells me it was her fault whether due to negligence or deliberate actions. I think Caylee was a liability once she was no longer living with her parents. She didn't get her the attention or money once she moved out. I'm sure having a child was very fortuitous for Casey. I'm sure she learned quickly how to use that child to get what she wanted. I suspect Casey manipulated her parents just as she manipulated society when it came to looking for little Caylee. She knew she was dead but went for the attention anyway. THAT is telling.

One thing is clear here. Casey cares for one person only and that is Casey. I have no doubt she'd use her child to manipulate her parents into giving her free room and board and money and whatever else she could get out of them but there comes a point where they no longer wanted to do that. So she moves out, and the child is no longer an asset and, surprise, surprise, she ends up dead in a swamp... This is Casey's doing not her parents doing. If they were controlling, all Casey ever had to do was go on welfare and move out.... Most young adults will rebel against controlling parents not sponge off of them. Don't kid yourself, Casey was calling the shots here.....until she moved out and then Caylee was a liability not an asset....I'm just surprised she didn't just leave her behind when she moved out.

And regardless of how Casey got the way she is, she is the way she is and she is a danger to any child she might have in the future. The fact of the matter is, many people have grown up in worse situations and chosen not to kill their children or lie about their deaths. Most of us seem to be able to rise above our beginnings if they are bad. I'm from a broken home, my father was bi-polar and could be violent, do you think I got everything I needed from my parents? Heck no. As an adult, I reflect back and understand that my father's disease drove much of what happened when I was a child. As an adult, I've worked through any issues I had stemming from my childhood. Sure, I made my mistakes, but I learned from them. Never once have I blamed my childhood for something of my own doing. Just as we can see that upbringing plays a role in attitude, so can Casey. She chose what she chose. Her parents didn't make her do it. More likely, she did it to punish them. She took away the child they loved because Caylee was no longer working to get her what she wanted with her parents...

Last edited by Ivorytickler; 09-18-2011 at 06:35 AM..

Old 09-18-2011, 11:34 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,080,599 times
I believe the flurry of calls to Cindy was when Casey found Caylee dead in the car, either from an accidental overdose or from being left in a hot car. I do not believe Caylee accidently drowned.....although.....IF the pool ladder was left up that day.....it was because Caylee did drown and Casey forgot to take the ladder down in her panic. The thing is, Cindy was the one who said the ladder was left up on the pool that day.....was that true, or was Cindy already beginning to make her excuses to explain Caylee's death? Did Cindy ever mention the pool ladder to anyone BEFORE she knew Caylee was dead?

If Casey deliberately killed Caylee......why the flurry of calls if she was not even going to tell anyone Caylee was dead? What was the point?

If, however, Caylee's death was an accident, Casey's first instinct, in her initial panic, was to call her mother for help. When Casey couldn't get in touch with her mother, the plan began to hatch..... a way to cover up the death instead.

JMHO

Old 09-18-2011, 12:30 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,916,937 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
Yes, we can imagine all of the promises and when Cindy decided to come up with "tough love", all deals were off.
Casey took the matter into her own hands and freed herself, I do not believe there was anything accidental about it. "You are not going to keep your end of the bargain, there will be nothing to bargain with." I think the "flurry of calls" were Cindy's last chance and her not answering sealed Caylee's fate.
It was thought that Casey didn't want her mother to have Caylee and that was one reason she killed her. Remember them talking about when Caylee was born in the hospital and they handed Caylee over to Cindy instead of Casey? They said that created tension and that tension never left.

I think that Casey's mentality was that there was no way she was giving her daighter up to her mother and Casey herself didn't want her so...... end result.

Quote:
Did Cindy ever mention the pool ladder to anyone BEFORE she knew Caylee was dead?
Yes, actualy she did. She said she had called George to ask him if he was the one who left it down and she even mentioned how strange it was to have been left down to all her co-workers, to her credit. What she couldn't get straight, assuming I'm remembering correctly, was the date in which it had been left down.

Old 09-18-2011, 01:30 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,346,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
The only part they played in this was to believe that their daughter would never kill their grandaughter. With all evidence pointing to the fact, Cindy still will not allow the thought to stay in her mind so we have the brain tumor. George had the courage to allow it to stay there and figure it out but being around Cindy makes him go back and forth. He still thinks someone else was "in on it" but guess what George? Casey says you are the one who was "in on it" so how long will it take you to figure that one out?
Maybe when the next grandchild is "missing" because of the "tumor" or maybe when you take a vacation from Cindy.
It is time for them to quit trying to make us believe the crazy things they HAVE to believe to save their sanity.
That is exactly why I did not watch the interview. I did not want to have my intelligence insulted by these two whackos thinking they can pull one over on the rest of us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime