Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2013, 10:42 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,875,069 times

Advertisements

Sure, Bernardo and Karla are sure guilty as hell. Worse yet : that guy in Ann Rule's true crime novel who can't stand the fact that his wife divorced him, and after years of harassing her, hires a hitman who kills her. This is even worse than Gomolka in my book, because it's a case of wounded pride (the guy was again very wealthy and couldn't stand anybody resisting him).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2013, 12:42 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,969,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post
Sure, Bernardo and Karla are sure guilty as hell. Worse yet : that guy in Ann Rule's true crime novel who can't stand the fact that his wife divorced him, and after years of harassing her, hires a hitman who kills her. This is even worse than Gomolka in my book, because it's a case of wounded pride (the guy was again very wealthy and couldn't stand anybody resisting him).
It's all bad ... just pure evil.

Old 04-01-2013, 01:09 PM

7,357 posts, read 11,763,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Wolf View Post
remorse and rehabilitated should not set a convicted murderer free ( IMHO )

Yeah, you don't know if someone is rehabilitated until you set them free and see how they manage. And maybe they shouldn't be let go until they have made restitution. How does Leslie do that? Bring Rosemary LaBianca back to life?

Old 04-04-2013, 10:20 AM

1,839 posts, read 3,067,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
No tar and feathers here ... it's just this particular crime makes me sick.

I guess if you are pretty, 12 years in prison for raping and killing her own 15 year old sister ... in addition to raping and killing 15 year old Leslie Mahaffy and 16 year old Kristen French ... that would be 4 years for each one ... is that paying a debt to society? Bernardo received life in prison without parole for at least 25 years. There is a possibility he raped as many as 30 women.

Karla Homolka and her husband Paul Bernardo held Leslie hostage 24 hours sexually assaulting her over and over video recording the assaults. The video shows both participated in the assaults. Then ... they just killed her!!

Kristen they held for three days sexually assaulting and torturing her. Then ... they just killed her.

The young sister was a virgin sacrifice Karla gave to her husband Bernardo. Karla doped her with animal tranquilizers ... then they both raped her. Tammy choked on her own vomit and died.

Karla is free now even though she has had to change her name twice ... married with three children and living in Guadeloupe. Tammy, Leslie and Kristen are dead ... young teenagers tortured, raped and killed.
Me too. Pigeonhole what are you thinking? Her own sister? This woman was really sick. But you are entitled to your opinion.

Old 04-08-2013, 10:45 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,114,106 times
These people have no sympathy, or empathy for that matter, for the people they ended. So, no, I don't have sympathy for them. Plenty of people have rough childhoods, and don't become serial killers.

I think Charlie Manson did what he did for sh**s and giggles. He wanted to see if he could influence the idiots in his "cult" to kill people.

Old 04-09-2013, 04:57 PM

74,155 posts, read 1,836,662 times
None!

Old 04-13-2013, 01:40 AM

323 posts, read 788,457 times
Andrea Yates: This is the woman that drowned her five children in the bath tub during the short time that she was home alone with them. She only had a short time because of her delicate mental state. She drowned them to save them because voices told her that her kids would go to Hell since she was their mother.

That woman was crying out for help! It was so clear that she was not stable, yet these hospitals kept sending her home to her family with her five young children over and over again because her family couldn't afford to keep her in there. Her husband was an unsupportive POS who should hold some of the responsibility IMO.

Sarah Pender: Her and her boyfriend agreed to let his drug addict friends stay with them, but when they begin taking advantage of them (what a shock), her boyfriend shoots them both while Sarah is not home. He blames the murders on her and has a letter that she wrote him while he was incarcerated thanking him for taking the blame.

She reminds me of a less intelligent version of myself (she's outgoing and trusting, but I would never allow these losers in my house). I don't think she did it! Her boyfriend admitted to forging the letter in her handwriting and that was the key piece of evidence against her.

Laura Fair: She was convicted of murdering her married lover in 1871. He had initially lied to her about being married, then strung her along while promising to leave his wife for seven years. Finally, she marries someone else and he promises to leave his wife if she divorces her husband. She follows through on her end of the deal, but he doesn't so she shoots him in front of his wife.

I would deal with my anger differently, but how many mind games can one woman put up with and for how long?
**Note: Her conviction eventually gets overturned because they blame her crime on her PMS, but the poor lady spends the rest of her life in solitude!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime