Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2008, 04:03 PM

522 posts, read 1,569,431 times

Advertisements

Bashing is bashing whether it is about the forum or anyone on it. It is very easy to pick out anger from posts and some just cannot keep from using it. If you think it is boring, don't read it. But if you have something to contribute do it. But don't bash. Many of the negative posts here (this thread) have been nasty bashing.

It must be that it isn't easy to write anything negative without including anger. I don't see why. A good post isn't doesn't need to be about how wonderful Tucson is. A good post can show negative points with something besides anger to back them up.

Yes I like Tucson. But since i don't live there yet I still want to know about negative aspects. But I have not read much that really showed something other than bashing. Many have posted good things. That's fine with me. There has been some good on topic posts but not many.

I just learned on another thread that outside of Tucson you need to subscribe to the fire dept. service. I would consider that a negative thing but it was never mentioned here.

See how easy that was? No bashing either, just fact. These are the kind things that should show up here.

Old 09-04-2008, 04:05 PM

474 posts, read 1,067,373 times
You said, ". . . continue to bash away in the San Antonio forum."

Old 09-04-2008, 04:07 PM

415 posts, read 1,681,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellringer View Post
Where you are!
Wow, now THAT was bashing. I'll take it as a complement because I do play a hellova great left fielder.

I found the thread:
Quote:
I love this forum! I've been reading it for months, because the one in my town is lame, and I'm tired of their Texas bashing. Gone But Not Forgotten is a great thread. I can't wait to share some of my memories of San Antonio(and Universal City). I lived in UC and I went to Judson HS my freshman and sophomore years('74-'76). I believe Judson lost every football game one of the years I attended, and I think the next year they only won one game. Does anyone remember this?
Now, having said that I still had no problem with you personally, but now that you have been verbally abusive to me, I will bid you, bellringer, adieu.

Old 09-04-2008, 04:07 PM

Quote a post in the San Antonio forum where I bash Tucson. Good luck on your quest!

Old 09-04-2008, 04:08 PM

I did not bash Tucson. Reread it.

Old 09-04-2008, 04:14 PM

415 posts, read 1,681,875 times
Quote:
I did not bash Tucson. Reread it.

Never said you did.....Perhaps you should re-read it. You find this forum lame, but yet you still come here.
And you accused members of this forum of Texas bashing. I found no evidence to support your statement. Doesn't mean it doesn't exist, the comment shocked me, because I never saw it. I love Texas, so I know it wasn't me.

Old 09-04-2008, 04:23 PM

Last I heard America was a free country. Don't you worry about what I do, or where I post. Reread this forum, I have faith that find you can what your looking for.

P.S. Did you not bid adieu?

Old 09-04-2008, 06:04 PM

522 posts, read 1,569,431 times
Quote:
You said, ". . . continue to bash away in the San Antonio forum."
This wasn't me. I don't think bashing is good on any forum so I wouldn't tell anyone to do it elsewhere. It drives people away. The only other forum I have been on here is the Chicago suburbs. I don't go there anymore because I find the people unreasonable

I have made comments about where I currently live and why I don't like it but I haven't bashed it. Some people think it is the best place in the world although I can't imagion why.

Old 09-04-2008, 06:16 PM

2,916 posts, read 8,352,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofIL View Post
Bashing is bashing whether it is about the forum or anyone on it. It is very easy to pick out anger from posts and some just cannot keep from using it. If you think it is boring, don't read it. But if you have something to contribute do it. But don't bash. Many of the negative posts here (this thread) have been nasty bashing.

It must be that it isn't easy to write anything negative without including anger. I don't see why. A good post isn't doesn't need to be about how wonderful Tucson is. A good post can show negative points with something besides anger to back them up.

Yes I like Tucson. But since i don't live there yet I still want to know about negative aspects. But I have not read much that really showed something other than bashing. Many have posted good things. That's fine with me. There has been some good on topic posts but not many.

I just learned on another thread that outside of Tucson you need to subscribe to the fire dept. service. I would consider that a negative thing but it was never mentioned here.

See how easy that was? No bashing either, just fact. These are the kind things that should show up here.

You're right, sickofIL. I suppose we could be a bit nicer to one another. Sometimes we do get off topic and get on each other instead. We usually get back on - eventually. Its all part of forum fun.

The good news is that our moderator really is a good one and makes sure we play as nice as possible. She keeps a pulse on this, I'm sure. She reminds me of some of the football refs who are there when needed, but don't let their constant whistles and penalty flags become THE game!

Oooops... I hope I didn't just curse us...

Old 09-05-2008, 03:05 PM

1,404 posts, read 5,701,717 times
I don't know why people would say not to move to Tucson. I have lived in Fl. all my life and moved to Tucson for a little bit. I stayed in the NW part of town and actually enjoyed my stay there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson