Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2011, 07:26 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,584,768 times

Advertisements

Underwhelmed by James, personally, but metal's not my genre. They all seem to love him, though. I do dig that two contestants pretty much told Jimmy Iovine to stuff it, nicely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2011, 07:28 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,501,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Underwhelmed by James, personally, but metal's not my genre. They all seem to love him, though. I do dig that two contestants pretty much told Jimmy Iovine to stuff it, nicely.
I agree completely!

Old 04-13-2011, 07:30 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,527,721 times
Paul sounded karaoke and judges says he getting better yeah right
Bob Segar would sound better with Casey

Lauren despite im not a fan of miley cyrus but she sang it beautiful.

Stefano a few pitch issues with high notes but wow i really enjoyed tonight's performance.

Scotty wasnt my favorite of his, but i love hearing this Carolina boy sing

Casey im glad he didnt sing In the air tonight, Nature Bboy was great jazzy song i liked it.

Haley ok performance, blondie version better but what is her genre of music anyways, i mean what makes her unique besides the best looking of the season.
Looks like another girl going home.

Jacob could he ruin a bridge over trouble water any more
his bridge has collapsed. He stated America needs to cover him
I have plenty of red dirt.

James im glad you and scotty are staying true to who you are as an artist and you two are in final two.

Country vs rock final two crazy.

Old 04-13-2011, 07:31 PM

18,950 posts, read 11,596,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypocore View Post
So sorry, but I have to mute James.....I cannot stand metal...at all.....let me know if he's good at it?
I'm not a huge metal fan but he did it justice IMO. Pretty impressive that they got Zakk Wylde for him (guitarist). I thought he was rude to Jimmy but it worked for him.

Lots of fun watching with you guys tonight - thanks!

Old 04-13-2011, 07:36 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,501,220 times
Are you voting? If so, for whom?

Old 04-13-2011, 07:37 PM

5,342 posts, read 4,430,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypocore View Post
So sorry, but I have to mute James.....I cannot stand metal...at all.....let me know if he's good at it?
I love metal! Hell, I was around before metal. I really prefer the old metal though...Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Motley Crue, Judas Priest, Deep Purple, Metallica! Gimmie the old stuff.

James not only did it justice, he redefined it! And to sing to Zakk Wylde playing, that boy is living a dream!
Frequently Asked Questions
Do NOT reply to moderator posts that are in RED.

Old 04-13-2011, 07:40 PM

18,950 posts, read 11,596,004 times
The first time I ever voted on Idol was a couple weeks ago for Haley. Considered voting for Casey tonight but didn't write down the numbers...yadda, yadda.

Old 04-13-2011, 07:41 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,584,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beretta View Post
Are you voting? If so, for whom?
Casey, easily.

Old 04-13-2011, 07:45 PM

4,585 posts, read 12,366,662 times
OHHHKAYYY my take:

The pullleezzzee go home crowd

Paul - Butchered one of my all time fav Bob Segar songs I get raspy voice singing but not one that can't carry a tune

The meh group
Lauren - just not a fan, can carry a tune but too bubble gummy for my taste
Stefano - OK is getting better and better but still too blah
Haley -Two steps back, so sad and it breakes my heart to put her in this crowd but it was a way wrong song choice for her

The much better to good group
Jacob- Glad he listened to the producers on song choice, he's got a great set of pipes but he needs to learn how to used them and a good producer is what he will need
Scottie- The next country star in the making, but it was a little too safe to be in the top group, I've seen on several polls he's at the top

The top of the heap
James - Stuck to his guns and rocked it, he's so consistant every time, while I'm not a big metal fan, he's melodic enough to make it enjoyable and is a very very good performer - sells the song

Casey - OMG - Brilliant - Brilliant - Brilliant and got a very well deserved standing O from the judges - he won the night and he's someone I'd go to see in concert. I LOVE that bass fiddle

Old 04-13-2011, 08:06 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,209,898 times
My take tonight:

Paul-In the beginning, I found his quirkiness interesting, but I’m really starting to dislike it. He needs to stop with these fast jerky songs and maybe try something soft and heartfelt so that his voice can really be heard (he did this while in Vegas during a duet when he was at the piano….I loved him then). Right now, he’s looking very corny.

Lauren-She sang the song beautifully, but I’m underwhelmed. She’s not a good performer….maybe that will come with age, experience, etc? IMHO, not AI winner material.

Stefano-To be honest, I’m not sure if there’s anything Stefano can do for me to like him. He did hit one particular note that gave me goose bumps, though! I still find him off-putting…he just comes off as desperate.

Scotty-Not a fan. AT ALL. Someone really needs to work with him on holding the mic and nixing the weird faces. He’s just a boring…I’m sorry. There is some country music I can tolerate, but NONE of it is the stuff that Scotty sings.

Casey-I’m a Casey fan, but I wasn’t impressed with this. He’s not a very strong vocalist. Some of his performances just come off as lazy and/or loungey. Still think he’s a great performer and musician, though.

Haley-Don’t know why, but I love me some Haley! I think she sounded great on this. Not too panicky like her last 2 performances….I really liked this! I hope she sticks around long enough to do something slow and soulful.

Jacob-I loved Jacob in this performance. He seemed very subdued, yet emotional during the song. I’m an R&B/gospel fan, so I love that he puts so much heart into his performances. I thought he was the best of the night.

Jacob-WTF…ok, granted, I’m not a rock fan, but seriously? This was headache-inducing. This was a pretty brutal assault to my ears…I’m sorry, I did not like this at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV