Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2011, 04:55 PM

1,189 posts, read 1,757,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimme it View Post
Are you one of the moderators here? I have read several post of yours today where you are telling others what they should not be saying. I don't agree with many posts, but it's not my place to tell others what to write or not. Or maybe you are just having a bad day.

I'm not sure what you are talking about. I just don't take kindly to people bashing others that have problems and constantly calling Lauren a Tammy Faye wannabe. It makes no sense. She is NOT a preacher, nor is she trying to be. She is not the one doing her makeup or her hair or dressing herself. I asked everyone to stop it. And as I have stated before I think I am more sensitive to James because my son also has Aspergers and when people make fun of him, it upsets me. So I said to not make fun of him. Its not fair. Geeze. you are certainly entitled to your opinion as everyone is, but putting people down for physical appearance or their emotions isn't right.

I think you might be having a bad day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2011, 04:55 PM

2,119 posts, read 4,168,726 times
Default missed this week

I only saw the results show. Is there a site (hulu doesn't)that shows recent episodes?

Old 05-06-2011, 05:01 PM

1,189 posts, read 1,757,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodgal View Post
I only saw the results show. Is there a site (hulu doesn't)that shows recent episodes?
I think AmericanIdol.com has them on there, but I can usually find all the contestants videos on YouTube.

Old 05-06-2011, 05:12 PM

12 posts, read 14,687 times
I just don't get the fascination with James, he is consistently off key, and just screams out the lyrics...ugh!! I think Haley should definitely win this one!!

Old 05-06-2011, 06:27 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,257,117 times
IMHO, the problem with James getting sympathy votes is that it's not going to help when he gets in the "real" world and has to sell records. It's free to vote now. He walked out of the audition when Sheryl Crow was mentoring. He's not that a big of a star yet to get away with that behavior. That said, when I watch James, I never think of him as "disabled", and it doesn't help to keep reminding everyone.
I thought the quote that precipitated the rebuke for a PP amusing - teenage girls are attracted to men that cry. Perhaps, my original quote should have been altered to read:
X guy = catnip for teenage girls = votes for X. My bad.
Haley is my favorite. If she leaves, James or Lauren will get my vote. I never comment on physical attributes. I find Scotty's attitude offensive. Don't like his personality, or his insensitivity or his "old" country music. In addition to humiliating the young kid at the beginning when Ryan asked what happened in his home state he talked about a cupcake named after him. Now, he's freaked because of Steven's devil comment and is invoking Jesus. Ryan was talking about the devastation in North Carolina caused by tornadoes. I have relatives in NC. Lauren stepped up to the plate the following week acknowledging the devastation in Georgia. .

I am so glad I discovered Paul McDonald, which has led me to James Blunt who I'd never heard and I absolutely adore. I use AI somewhat like a research tool. LOL.

Last edited by tigerlily; 05-06-2011 at 06:47 PM..

Old 05-06-2011, 09:26 PM

44,360 posts, read 20,066,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Lady123 View Post
I knew Jacob was the one to go and it was about time. IMO Lauren should be the next to go..I don't think she is ready or mature enough to deal with the big picture yet.
You took the words right out of my mouth, Lucky. Jacob, then Lauren.

Final two should be James and Scotty. But there's no telling how the American public will vote.

I wish judges' scores would be included in the equation to decide who should be eliminated, as it's done on Dancing With the Stars.

Old 05-07-2011, 01:55 AM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,397,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post
Exactly, like Brittney and so many others. I do like that song for a club setting. Oh don't get me started on the lip syncing
Yes, good club song.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
I don't watch AI to see the Jlo show. She is not my favorite performer, and I can't really understand all the hype she is getting. Yes, she is a very attractive woman, but I still don't watch the show for her.
That's the strongest reason she has a career.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Ya, Scotty doesn't have to worry about winning AI.....he'll do great without it.

I liked it, too, when he said "No" to Ryan's stupid request...kid's got character along with a world of talent!!!
Ryan Seacrest is an overpaid mannequin.

Old 05-07-2011, 09:12 AM

302 posts, read 580,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ8 View Post
I wish judges' scores would be included in the equation to decide who should be eliminated, as it's done on Dancing With the Stars.

That would work if they had judges who could judge. I have watched horrible performances this year they've gushed over, and really good performances that they have slammed.

least favorite: James

James bugs me I really don't like his singing. He can perform, but he covers his inability to stay in tune by screaming. (note: he doesn't bug me because of the Aspergers, my son has Aspergers- quite honestly I don't see it in James. Empathy is not usually an attribute of Aspies- if they cry its usually for themselves. Emotionally distant is more a characteristic)

favorite: Hailey

Her voice is different. We were traveling this week so I had to wait until I got home to watch Wednesday and Thursday nights show. A radio station played a clip of Haily singing "House of the Rising Sun" and my husband and I knew right away who it was. Her voice stands out. I think that no matter what happens she will do fine. I do get tired of the conflicting advice, she doesn't know who she is, she should do what the judges want her to do. She listened to a producer who told her sing this. I can understand the look she gave them because she probably felt set up.

Old 05-07-2011, 07:42 PM

1,458 posts, read 1,398,723 times
Haley's performance was very good. Memorable. Which is a far better result than many of the forgettable performances that the judges have given to those that have already left. After I got through fast forwarding through another of Jacob's or Stefano's performances, I was left numb when the judges were elated. They used terms that were far different than my review, which was "they suck".

Yes, I know they can sing, but I find their performances terrifying for my ears.

Old 05-07-2011, 08:48 PM

2,609 posts, read 4,361,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof11 View Post
That would work if they had judges who could judge. I have watched horrible performances this year they've gushed over, and really good performances that they have slammed.

least favorite: James

James bugs me I really don't like his singing. He can perform, but he covers his inability to stay in tune by screaming. (note: he doesn't bug me because of the Aspergers, my son has Aspergers- quite honestly I don't see it in James. Empathy is not usually an attribute of Aspies- if they cry its usually for themselves. Emotionally distant is more a characteristic)
How much research have you done into Aspergers? Just because James doesn't display the same symptoms as your child or displays emotions doesn't mean he doesn't have Aspergers. You're making this conclusion based off the few hours you've seen him on TV... you somehow think you're more qualified than his doctors?? LOL ya... ok.

Quote:
favorite: Hailey

Her voice is different. We were traveling this week so I had to wait until I got home to watch Wednesday and Thursday nights show. A radio station played a clip of Haily singing "House of the Rising Sun" and my husband and I knew right away who it was. Her voice stands out. I think that no matter what happens she will do fine. I do get tired of the conflicting advice, she doesn't know who she is, she should do what the judges want her to do. She listened to a producer who told her sing this. I can understand the look she gave them because she probably felt set up.
The first time I've ever REALLY liked Haley was this week when she sang "House of the Rising Sun".

But honestly:

Scotty is weird.

Lauren is hit and miss, sometimes she's great sometimes she's not.

Haley is only ok most of the time.

James may not always sing in tune BUT for the type of music he's into that's not a requirement. He's not singing to be a pop singer or a musician where you've got to sound great all the time. He's a rocker, lots of really famous and really good rock singers do NOT sing in tune all the time. He will win.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV