Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2011, 08:21 AM

1,872 posts, read 3,408,849 times

Advertisements

I felt very bad for Stefano. He didn't even get to enjoy his 'save' and looked absolutely crushed when they managed to drag the camera off the judges unprofessional hysterics for a second and show his reaction.

And was Jennifer crying? Please. A little much. Yes, I know she's an actor, but I half expected her to go into her "I don't want to do this any more" routine like at the Hollywood eliminations.

We've seen good performers get the boot before. It's one of the drawbacks of having the public voting account for 100% of the result. Pia was a great singer, but less than exciting (boobs notwithstanding) in my opinion.

I think the whole thing was overdone. Probably contrived by the same people who thought it would be a clever idea to have teeny-boppers mob Scotty on the stage after his Elvis song.

Lots of drama this year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2011, 08:26 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,672,077 times
I just watched Pia's after interview, she stated that she was really emotional that last show? Really, I think I missed that.

Old 04-08-2011, 08:35 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,314,559 times
It doesn't matter who gets voted off and when, there will always be a certain number of people who will be disappointed and think it wasn't fair. They all can't win unless you believe, like I do, that just being in the top touring group is all they need to kick off a career in music thus they are all winners already. If they take this opportunity given to them to grow over the next year they be fine, Pia included. She needs to learn how to connect to people. Lots of beautiful and famous people connect with people, so I'm not buying the jealously thing mentioned above.

On another note: James comforting Stefano was really touching and he clearly needed it. I've heard that Casey, Paul, James and Stefano are really close and like to jam together in their off time. I'd like to seem them as the top four.

Last edited by Wayland Woman; 04-08-2011 at 08:44 AM..

Old 04-08-2011, 08:43 AM

2,609 posts, read 4,361,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
It doesn't matter who gets voted off and when, there will always be a certain number of people who will be disappointed and think it wasn't fair. They all can't win unless you believe, like I do, that just being in the top touring group is all they need to kick off a career in music thus they are all winners already. If they take this opportunity given to them to grow over the next year, they be fine, Pia included. She needs to learn to connect to people. Lots of beautiful and famous people connect with people, so I'm not buying the jealously thing mentioned above.

On another note: James comforting Stefano was really touching and he clearly needed it. I've heard that Casey, Paul, James and Stefano are really close and like to jam together in their off time. I'd like to seem them as the top four.
I agree with Casey, Paul and James... but I don't think Stefano will make it to the top 4. He's not as bad as Pia, but he still doesn't connect very well with his audience. I'd like to see Casey, Paul, James and either Lauren or Scotty as the top 4.

I'm glad that someone was thinking of Stefano last night though. I think the judges owe him an on air apology.

Old 04-08-2011, 08:48 AM

18,471 posts, read 31,643,914 times
Stefano is horrible, the boy couldn't carry a tune in his pocket !

Old 04-08-2011, 08:56 AM

53 posts, read 54,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigansnowflake View Post
When does the new season start....I dont really like the show but MUST see my babys daddy, Steven Tyler!
your babies daddy is steven friggin tyler bwahahaha im jk lol but yeah usually round jan. sumtime

Old 04-08-2011, 09:01 AM

4,529 posts, read 5,138,902 times
Every year we hear this is the best year with the most talent. I have been extremely underwhelmed this year. This cast is boring me to tears. What do you think about this year when compared to past seasons?

Rank the seasons on over all talent for best to worst.

Season 5: Overall the most talented season. Also the most entertaining.
Taylor Hicks , Katharine McPhee, Elliot Yamin, Chris Daughtry, Paris Bennett, Kellie Pickler, Ace Young

Season 7: David Cook , David Archuleta, Syesha Mercado, Jason Castro, Brooke White, Carly Smithson

Season 9: Lee DeWyze, Crystal Bowersox, Casey James, Michael Lynche, Aaron Kelly

Season 1:Kelly Clarkson, Justin Guarini, Nikki McKibbin, Tamyra Gray, R.J. Helton

Season 8: Kris Allen, Adam Lambert, Danny Gokey, Allison Iraheta, Matt Giraud

Season 4: Carrie Underwood, Bo Bice, Vonzell Solomon, Anthony Fedorov, Scott Savol

Season 2: Rubin Studdard, Clay Aiken, Kimberly Locke, Josh Grayson, Trenyce

Season 6: Jordin Sparks, Blake Lewis, Melinda Doolittle, Lakisha Jones, Christopher Richardson

Season 3: Fantasia Barrino, Diana DeGarmo, Jasmine Trias, LaToya London, Goerge Huff

At this point I would put season 10 in between season 2 and season 6. This season is just boring. That or the show is just getting old.

Old 04-08-2011, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisan23 View Post
Lol I should ignore him.

My husband hasn't watched at all this season but last night he noticed Pia and said he'd watch the show if she stuck around because of how she looked.

I think Haley is pretty too, but I'm not a huge fan. I know Lauren isn't skinny, but I still think she's a good looking girl and I really like her.
My husband said "I dont like plastic" about Pia.
Lauren is beautiful, my 17 year old son LOVES her says "he cant stand the anorexic look, he like meat."

Old 04-08-2011, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb View Post
Every year we hear this is the best year with the most talent. I have been extremely underwhelmed this year. This cast is boring me to tears. What do you think about this year when compared to past seasons?

Rank the seasons on over all talent for best to worst.

Season 5: Overall the most talented season. Also the most entertaining.
Taylor Hicks , Katharine McPhee, Elliot Yamin, Chris Daughtry, Paris Bennett, Kellie Pickler, Ace Young

Season 7: David Cook , David Archuleta, Syesha Mercado, Jason Castro, Brooke White, Carly Smithson

Season 1:Kelly Clarkson, Justin Guarini, Nikki McKibbin, Tamyra Gray, R.J. Helton

Season 8: Kris Allen, Adam Lambert, Danny Gokey, Allison Iraheta, Matt Giraud

Season 9: Lee DeWyze, Crystal Bowersox, Casey James, Michael Lynche, Aaron Kelly

Season 4: Carrie Underwood, Bo Bice, Vonzell Solomon, Anthony Fedorov, Scott Savol

Season 2: Rubin Studdard, Clay Aiken, Kimberly Locke, Josh Grayson, Trenyce

Season 6: Jordin Sparks, Blake Lewis, Melinda Doolittle, Lakisha Jones, Christopher Richardson

Season 3: Fantasia Barrino, Diana DeGarmo, Jasmine Trias, LaToya London, Goerge Huff

At this point I would put season 10 in between season 2 and season 6. This season is just boring. That or the show is just getting old.
Oh I dont know, I vowed to never watch it again when Crystal didn't win and when Kris Allen won instead of Adam Lambert. LOL here I am again.

Old 04-08-2011, 09:16 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times
Pia out, I'm out as well. Not that I would buy anything that she would do, she is clearly far more talented than more than a few folks I no longer care to mention its that AI's system with very very few exceptions is a utter failure.

RANDOM THOUGHTS

Read an interesting article that pointed to this years judges as having only themselves to blame for Pia being eliminated. When week after week, performance after performance your judge EVERY contestant has being utterly wonderful then there is no standard for viewers to consider. Yesterday, I was watching clips of Crystal Bowersox getting hammered by Simon only to come back the next show to floor him and when you consider the two performances back to back you come to realize that his criticism was right on.

As for Pia, getting kicked off that was will in the long run be better than winning the damned thing. Nothing like having Steve Tyler and J-Lo having a pity party for you.

I'm off to listen to another AI loser, Crystal Bowersox.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV