Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2011, 08:31 PM

5,893 posts, read 12,814,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamont61 View Post
Can not get this image out of my mind when Scotty is performing:
Right on! It was this guy I was really thinking of, not Howdy Doody. I just couldn't remember his name.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2011, 08:37 PM

5,893 posts, read 12,814,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
I'm so glad about the results!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!: ok:k :: ok:k :

Me too! I think the judges totally overreacted. America got it right this time.

Old 04-07-2011, 08:39 PM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,401,990 times
Where do these judges get off acting ticked off when any contestant is eliminated? Don't THEY know it's a contest?

It' unlikely to happen, but it oughta be said: Bring back Simon.

I'm sick of the lovefests and the stupid shallow commentary by Steven and J-Lo. If Randy even gives constructive criticism they act like he's a jerk.

Old 04-07-2011, 08:45 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,316,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gimme it View Post
1- Is Iggy Pop around 80 yo now? Is he still using drugs?

2-An "Idol" must charm the audience, and endear him or herself to the audience. Pia couldn't do that.

3-Why were JLo and Randy taking it so personally?

4- Lauren generally looks very tense. Is this becoming too much for her? She used to be sassy, and she seems to have lost that...except for when we heard her say, "they scared the crap outta me." That was good TV. She forgot about the mic

5- Jacob was full of baloney when he asked about the TMZ woman being single or not. Come on! He is better off embracing his sexuality or not saying a word.

6- Scotty's looks are growing on me. He's a cutie.

7-James will be the next idol.

I thought it was a funny, light-hearted moment in that clip of the TMZ session---what ever his sexuality might or might not be. I personally don't care. The guy can sing. Not my favorite of the show but I respect his talent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
Where do these judges get off acting ticked off when any contestant is eliminated? Don't THEY know it's a contest?

It' unlikely to happen, but it oughta be said: Bring back Simon.

I'm sick of the lovefests and the stupid shallow commentary by Steven and J-Lo. If Randy even gives constructive criticism they act like he's a jerk.
Their reactions ticked me off as well. The fact is they all can't win and eventually all but one will get sent home. JoLo and Randy acted like they thought Pia would go all the way to the end and win.

Old 04-07-2011, 08:47 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,965,351 times
Worst results ever in the history of reality tv. This gal was a better singer and much much better looking than everyone else. Idol (and other reality shows were people have to call in to vote) will always suffer because of this. The millions and millions of fat women out there will always ALWAYS refuse to vote for the "pretty/sexy" girl because they are jealous of her. Plain and simple. A pretty/sexy/hot gal will NEVER win Idol. NEVER. Only way that will ever happen is if its a country chick. Those country folks will vote for anyone and anything that is country simply because its country. You can get a one eyed, one legged monkey blowing a kazoo out of his a$$ and if that is a country song all the country folks and people in the flyover states will vote for him/her simply because they are "like them". God I hate this show now. Judges were upset because they KNOW (and they are the industry experts) that this chick was by FAR the best on the show and most likely to have a huge career. Horrible horrible results show..

Old 04-07-2011, 08:52 PM

3,110 posts, read 5,387,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotogGal View Post
Right on! It was this guy I was really thinking of, not Howdy Doody. I just couldn't remember his name.
Awe - i think Scotty's just a sweetie. I don't think he's faking the country boy thing. I know a lot of guys like him, and that's just who they are. Those country boys are real gentlemen, they tip their hat, they are polite. That's Scottie. He looked so scared during the elimination thing, I just wanted to go up and hug him. He's going to go far.

Ok - Iggy pop? EEEEEUUUUUUUUUWWWWWWWWW
looks like a homeless drug addict and sings about as good as the guy on the corner with the fake microphone. He's is just too freakin' weird! with all the options for singers in the world, this guy is an embarrassment.

Oh WAIT - I GET it! They put Iggy on to help make the people voted off not feel so bad. They're thinkin' "Hmmmmmm, maybe I don't want to win if THIS is how I'll turn out!"

JLo seems to be cranky tonight. She's not being very professional about the results, and she could barely stand looking at Iggy pop (don't blame her) when he sang in her face. Even Steven didn't look all that happy he had brought the ol' guy on.

Old 04-07-2011, 08:59 PM

3,110 posts, read 5,387,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
I thought it was a funny, light-hearted moment in that clip of the TMZ session---what ever his sexuality might or might not be. I personally don't care. The guy can sing. Not my favorite of the show but I respect his talent.

Their reactions ticked me off as well. The fact is they all can't win and eventually all but one will get sent home. JoLo and Randy acted like they thought Pia would go all the way to the end and win.

I watched for that - I turned on the closed captioning. He didn't say "are any of the women single?" he asked "is anyone single?"

Old 04-07-2011, 09:20 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,075,105 times
That's what you get when you waste the save on Casey.

(No offense to all the Casey fans out there).

Old 04-07-2011, 09:28 PM

1,287 posts, read 3,337,637 times
I guess I don't understand all the stunned faces when someone gets voted off. Someone has to leave! So with all the gasps and outrage, were they saying, "Stefano should have gone"?

Old 04-07-2011, 09:28 PM

2,609 posts, read 4,361,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Worst results ever in the history of reality tv. This gal was a better singer and much much better looking than everyone else. Idol (and other reality shows were people have to call in to vote) will always suffer because of this. The millions and millions of fat women out there will always ALWAYS refuse to vote for the "pretty/sexy" girl because they are jealous of her. Plain and simple. A pretty/sexy/hot gal will NEVER win Idol. NEVER. Only way that will ever happen is if its a country chick. Those country folks will vote for anyone and anything that is country simply because its country. You can get a one eyed, one legged monkey blowing a kazoo out of his a$$ and if that is a country song all the country folks and people in the flyover states will vote for him/her simply because they are "like them". God I hate this show now. Judges were upset because they KNOW (and they are the industry experts) that this chick was by FAR the best on the show and most likely to have a huge career. Horrible horrible results show..
People who can sing well but are stiff on stage never have a good career. Ever.

Poor performers never go far - Pia is a poor performer. She can sing soundtracks and demo's but she puts a crowd to sleep, she's dull.

She isn't even close to the best on that competition. There is more to being a musician than being able to sing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV