Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2011, 11:59 AM

3,320 posts, read 5,596,839 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RanchoNan View Post
My faves for last night were Casey, James and Hayley. I may be one of the few that like Haley, but there it is.

Something is bugging me. When Jacob started his performance, and was messing with his earpiece, and had that false start, he said something like "the track was off" "the track was wrong". What did that mean? A soundtrack? I thought it was all live? I thought those earpieces were just to let the performer hear themselves so they could stay on key?
My intuition often instucts me that they are lip synching during the performances and then I reject the notion. Funny how they always show them in the recording studio.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2011, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchonan View Post
thanks flamingomo, that's how i understood it. But what did he mean about the 'track' being off? Just that the sound was delayed?
I'm thinking 'audio tracks' which implies a recording.
bingo

Old 04-21-2011, 12:49 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,257,892 times
I've been a Casey supporter from the start because he's a real artist. but I was not impressed with his song choice or performance last night. Casey might be in trouble tonight. Although, still not as bad as the Nirvana performance. IMHO, Haley was the best overall, but I did like James entertaining performance, and I loved Jacob's turquoise shoes. LOL. The judges don't like Haley, but their opinions don't influence my voting. I think Paul's glad he was eliminated. He hated doing the covers, and he was so not into that ridiculous opening number. He got what he wanted - publicity for the band.
I would like the bottom three to be Scotty, Jacob and Lauren.
I think the bottom three will be Jacob, Stefano and either Casey or Lauren.
BTW - JLo and Marc will be hosting their own talent search show next year focusing on Latin American music. Randy Jackson has another show so Jennifer could still be a judge on AI.
On edit: I just listened to Casey's "Harder to Breathe" on iTunes, and I like.

Last edited by tigerlily; 04-21-2011 at 01:31 PM..

Old 04-21-2011, 01:02 PM

1,189 posts, read 1,758,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Also Casey is nominated on Vote for the worst site.
And last week it was Paul So awful...

Old 04-21-2011, 01:32 PM

474 posts, read 905,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
I've been a Casey supporter from the start because he's a real artist. but I was not impressed with his song choice or performance last night. Casey might be in trouble tonight. Although, still not as bad as the Nirvana performance. IMHO, Haley was the best overall, but I did like James entertaining performance, and I loved Jacob's turquoise shoes. LOL. The judges don't like Haley, but their opinions don't influence my voting. I think Paul's glad he was eliminated. He hated doing the covers, and he was so not into that ridiculous opening number. He got what he wanted - publicity for the band.
I would like the bottom three to be Scotty, Jacob and Lauren.
I think the bottom three will be Jacob, Stefano and either Casey or Lauren.
BTW - JLo and Marc will be hosting their own talent search show next year focusing on Latin American music. Randy Jackson has another show so Jennifer could still be a judge on AI.
Haley was the best overall? Even though she screeched out of pitch twice in the song? She recovered from last week, but she just isn't good enough to take on a song done far better by Adele (and on the radio now).

Casey won't be in trouble. His song choice was OK, but his theatrics scored votes.

Bottom three will be Jacob, Stefano, and Scotty. Jacob goes home.

Old 04-21-2011, 01:34 PM

474 posts, read 905,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RanchoNan View Post
My faves for last night were Casey, James and Hayley. I may be one of the few that like Haley, but there it is.

Something is bugging me. When Jacob started his performance, and was messing with his earpiece, and had that false start, he said something like "the track was off" "the track was wrong". What did that mean? A soundtrack? I thought it was all live? I thought those earpieces were just to let the performer hear themselves so they could stay on key?
They listen to the overall sound through their earpieces. The stage monitors aren't loud enough for them to hear themselves and require them to stay on place. If he couldn't hear the band, his timing would be off.

Old 04-21-2011, 01:56 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,316,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post
My intuition often instucts me that they are lip synching during the performances and then I reject the notion. Funny how they always show them in the recording studio.
Nothing funny about it. The songs they sing each week are available for downloads as soon as the show is over. They have to record them before the show airs live to make that happen.

Old 04-21-2011, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Nothing funny about it. The songs they sing each week are available for downloads as soon as the show is over. They have to record them before the show airs live to make that happen.
If it's funny to me then it remains funny Not the first time it's been batted about and they could use that recording to lipsynch to. If I ever have time I will find links to prove my point. Watch their lips very carefully while they are performing...they sometimes seem off.

Old 04-21-2011, 02:34 PM

2,609 posts, read 4,361,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post
If it's funny to me then it remains funny Not the first time it's been batted about and they could use that recording to lipsynch to. If I ever have time I will find links to prove my point. Watch their lips very carefully while they are performing...they sometimes seem off.
I've bought the recorded versions of the songs, they don't sound the same as the live performances.

There's some serious flaws with that theory. Like did Brook from a few seasons ago plan to actually mess up at the beginning of a song and start over? Plus pitch issues don't exist on a recording because of auto tune.

Old 04-21-2011, 02:45 PM

I am not well versed in all the tech stuff so if I find the time I will research a bit but definitely been batted around many times with different artists venues (including AI) etc. and like I say watch their lips.

We are all entitled to our own opines
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV