Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2011, 07:06 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,316,377 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beretta View Post
So, that's some crazy stuff. America's voting was surprising!
I agree. I'm so shocked. I loved Steven Tyler's video, though! He can sing!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2011, 07:09 PM

3,238 posts, read 8,791,322 times
I don't care who wins now.

Old 05-12-2011, 07:12 PM

1,731 posts, read 4,684,522 times
Well that just blows. Oh well, at least now I don't have to watch anymore and can find something else to do with my time.

Old 05-12-2011, 07:12 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,210,521 times
Lady Gaga was great to watch.
Englasias was a mess.
Absolutely loved Tyler's video; want to get the song; this will be the first time I've purchased Idol music other than Fantasia's.

Re: show results. I'm SHOCKED! I now feel kind of bad for how hard I was on the exiting Idol. But, I think this is for the best. Other losers in the same genre have gone on to be crazy successful. Winning Idol would probably have diluted and made corny the musical direction of the project. Wishing the exiting Idol the best of luck!

ps. Bet the judges are wishing they still had that save!

Old 05-12-2011, 07:13 PM

3,086 posts, read 7,617,027 times
Spoiler
I think that Haley took votes away from James getting them from people who thought she was unfairly picked on and that's the only reason she is there and not James.

Old 05-12-2011, 07:15 PM

5,342 posts, read 4,430,925 times
My husband is NOT a happy camper! As I said before this is the first year that we have watched each and every show. Now I really don't care. one thing I know for sure....I'm damn glad I'm not a moderator over on the AI forums tonight!
Frequently Asked Questions
Do NOT reply to moderator posts that are in RED.

Old 05-12-2011, 07:15 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,210,521 times
Spoiler
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypocore View Post
I think that Haley took votes away from James getting them from people who thought she was unfairly picked on and that's the only reason she is there and not James.

Agreed. Judges really did themselves in. When will they know that the voting public is smart and are clued in when they play these games?

Old 05-12-2011, 07:29 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,312,478 times
My household is in total shock.

If Americans truly believe James Durbin is behind the other three then they must not know music or have some hearing problems.

I am totally blown away.

Like I said weeks ago wonder if we will have that Chris Allen ( weak no hit wonder ) moment this year and we just did.

Sure the other three are good but I felt from day one James would win this and the others would just fall into place.

I will finish watching this but will not watch idol next year.

I think the judges need to stop influencing peoples votes and I think they did last night for some reason.

I like the judges this year but these last few weeks they seem to be trying to either help one or hurt one and that is not good.

Jame Durbin got totally screwed folks. Another Daughtery?
I hope so. I hope this kid gets some offers and does well.

On a side note- Jordon Sparks was awesome, the best music of the non contestants this year.

Our of these three, Scotty will get a contract someday soon no matter what.

Haley is a young Carrie Underwood waiting to happen.

Lauren, needs to gain some maturity yet. Scotty and her are only 1 year apart in age and Scotty is light years ahead of her in maturity.

Still shocked that voters are doing this yet again.

Old 05-12-2011, 07:32 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,532,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post

Agreed. Judges really did themselves in. When will they know that the voting public is smart and are clued in when they play these games?
Its like this every season thought it just we viewing public are gullible to fall for it each year. The winner has never been best singer except season 1. It always the most wholesome character wins not the best contestant.

I hope " The Voice" is in Idol time slot next year to suck away Idol viewers.

I have feeling producers want Haley to win. Scotty will be runner up because as seasons past runner up does better except season 1.

Old 05-12-2011, 07:33 PM

8,816 posts, read 21,285,041 times
Oh, boy. We here in California do not supposedly know this yet. Santa Cruz has declared this Saturday to be James Durbin Day & the whole town was thrilled that he would be able to showcase our beautful ocean boardwalk. I don't think that they are prepared for this at all. Very shocking and disappointing.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV