Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2011, 11:52 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,672,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazznblues View Post
Lauren's butt is as wide as a door. She is not beautiful though she has a pretty face.

Her voice is another story and she should last far into this season.
So what she has a more plump rear? Something to hold on to.

You may not think she is beautiful (her sweetness makes her more so), but I and several others do. To each their own. She has an amazing voice that will just get better and better.

Last edited by Nea1; 04-08-2011 at 12:08 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2011, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb View Post
I like big butts and I can not lie. You other brothers can deny. When girl walks in with an itty bitty waist and a round thing in your face......wait how old is she?
LOL.................16

Old 04-08-2011, 12:15 PM

474 posts, read 905,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
And Paul's teeth are bigger than his scrawny unmanly legs but he can sing.

Scotty doesn't have broad manly shoulders but he can sing.

Jacob is as broad as a barn door but he can sing.

Stephano is short! but he can sing.

Casey is a Teddy bear, not a movie star, but he can sing , play every instrument, is multi-talented anyway.

James has Tourettes and a funny hairdo but he can sing.

There now the Beauty Pageant Junior judging is complete.
If someone had said Jacob was handsome I would have disagreed. I only commented on Lauren's looks because I do not think she is beautiful.

Idol is a singing show, but everyone here knows there is more to winning than just a great voice. Performances count. For some reason, Paula Abdul sells records in spite of no singing ability. It must be looks and dancing.

Looks are relevant.

FWIW - I thought Bowersox was the best last season. She is hardly good looking. Immensely talented and I could listen to more than one song in a row (my fundamental test).

Old 04-08-2011, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Someone else said she is beautiful. I disagreed. She is large. There are no large beautiful women, sorry. Queen Latifah is perhaps an exception. She is elegant and carries herself very well.

Idol performers are on TV. They are fair game for commentary, regardless of age. Justin Bieber, Miley Cyrus, etc. I didn't criticize her character, her family, etc. I also said she is a fine singer.
Big butt does not mean she is large ,sorry ............she is NOT fat. If this is what you consider fat, no wonder our young girls have eating disorders and self esteem issues.

Old 04-08-2011, 12:27 PM

474 posts, read 905,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Big butt does not mean she is large ,sorry ............she is NOT fat. If this is what you consider fat, no wonder our young girls have eating disorders and self esteem issues.

Possibly a real branch off this thread, but if girls are so worried about their weight, why are so many of them fat today? Fatter than in modern history? As are so many Americans no matter what their gender or ethnic background? The fat acceptance movement is completely wrong.

But back to Idol. Lauren is easily one of the five best singers and performers in Idol this year. I will just not agree that she is beautiful.

Old 04-08-2011, 12:55 PM

2,609 posts, read 4,361,001 times
Quote:
Someone else said she is beautiful. I disagreed. She is large. There are no large beautiful women, sorry. Queen Latifah is perhaps an exception. She is elegant and carries herself very well.

Idol performers are on TV. They are fair game for commentary, regardless of age. Justin Bieber, Miley Cyrus, etc. I didn't criticize her character, her family, etc. I also said she is a fine singer.
I said Lauren is beautiful, but then again I also realize that beauty is more than just skin deep. Lauren puts herself out there for people to see, Pia's a wooden board.

Pia might have the better body, but she's got nothing on Lauren's personality. And Lauren isn't fat nor is she large.

Old 04-08-2011, 12:56 PM

2,609 posts, read 4,361,001 times
Quote:
Possibly a real branch off this thread, but if girls are so worried about their weight, why are so many of them fat today? Fatter than in modern history? As are so many Americans no matter what their gender or ethnic background? The fat acceptance movement is completely wrong.
It's a society problem, and you're part of the society so you're part of the problem. You're looking at what's wrong, but you are completely clueless as to what's causing it. Maybe before you criticize you should do some research and maybe invest some time into seeing what's wrong with the food industry in the US.

Quote:
But back to Idol. Lauren is easily one of the five best singers and performers in Idol this year. I will just not agree that she is beautiful.
Fine, don't say she's beautiful. It only means your shallow.

Old 04-08-2011, 01:00 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,527,721 times
Lauren is cute and pretty in her own way some of the hairdos like the first picture above Im like ok

As I mention earlier in the thread she seems to be most humble of the contestants and I admire her for that.

It seems like most of the seasons second best wins at the end.

Old 04-08-2011, 01:05 PM

4,362 posts, read 6,533,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisan23 View Post
I said Lauren is beautiful, but then again I also realize that beauty is more than just skin deep. Lauren puts herself out there for people to see, Pia's a wooden board.

Pia might have the better body, but she's got nothing on Lauren's personality. And Lauren isn't fat nor is she large.
A little off the subject; Both Pia and Lauren were dressed badly for Wednesday's show. Lauren looked like she was wearing a diaper. Pia's outfit was just as terrible. Thanks Gwen Stefani... way to go.

It's a popularity contest, Pia - not so popular (to the voting pulic) she'll do fine post-Idol. Lauren is going to have a decent career also but will she make the finals? Not likely as the women are being cast off one by one. When they did vote off a guy, he got saved.

Haley is a hottie, has a great voice - what are they going to say when she get's the boot? The writing is on the wall, the women will go and warm up the tour bus while the guys all fight it out.

Pia gone but Paul still there? Not a huge Pia fan but I can't figure that one out.

Old 04-08-2011, 01:34 PM

1,287 posts, read 3,337,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisan23 View Post
I just question whether he was really an appropriate choice for AI. The Iggy Pop I'm familiar with behaves like a mad man and isn't exactly family friendly...

I'm surprised at how many people had never heard of Iggy Pop. What about The Stooges?

I do agree though, the AI audience is not his niche that's for sure. My kids wouldn't be caught dead watching AI, I immediately texted them when Iggy came on stage, LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV