Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2012, 09:48 PM

2,814 posts, read 6,889,910 times

Advertisements

I love Coldplay, but hated them tonight.

People talk about Jessica having no personality. Do you think Carrie Underwood is delightful and charming?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2012, 09:54 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,532,732 times
Carrie was very stiff when she was on AI. I think she's still quite shy. But Nashville has really taken a shine to her.

Old 05-03-2012, 10:06 PM

5,355 posts, read 8,589,557 times
I am pleased with the results, but wish
Spoiler
Phillip
had gone home instead.

Old 05-04-2012, 12:01 AM

6,658 posts, read 4,767,828 times
I am shocked that Skylar got bumped off. It should of been P2 who would of been finding his way through the exit door. All because of idiots feel sorry for P2 having kidney stones, and want to send the one who has medical problems to the finals. Plus, P2 is utterly boring.

If we have to say bye to my Hollie next week, I'm gonna blow a fuse and start bashing everyone else. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Old 05-04-2012, 12:05 AM

6,658 posts, read 4,767,828 times
Oh, and here's what Craig Berman from The Clicker on today.com:

Quote:
While everyone else is in play-it-safe mode, she’s having to fight to stay in it each week and has responded with a series of strong performances. She's been the least predictable of the finalists, and is using that to her advantage by coming through in the clutch.
Here's where you can find it:

The Clicker - Surprise! Hollie survives again while Skylar gets the boot on 'American Idol'

Old 05-04-2012, 05:00 AM

28,163 posts, read 25,403,625 times
I cried when Skylar was announced for two reasons. I know Holly and Skylar are very close and knew it would be hard for both when one was voted off. Also, I really enjoy Skylar's performances and feel she is the strongest candidate for a long term, successful career. I just really "connected" with her and felt terrible for her.

Old 05-04-2012, 05:01 AM

28,163 posts, read 25,403,625 times
BTW, how sick is P2?

Old 05-04-2012, 05:12 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,204,835 times
So Skylar gets voted off and little Miss BORRRRRING is still in the running!....Jessica just gives me the creeps....must be a zillion stupid little 14-year-olds voting. Oh well, Skylar will last and have a career and Jessica will disappear right after Josh wins.

I had to laugh when JLo said she was glad to see Jessica toss her hair(Oh wow) and dance !? Jessica chicken walked/ knee jerked back and forth across the stage , she canNOT dance ....but knows if she sings an emotional song last it helps.

Old 05-04-2012, 05:18 AM

4,082 posts, read 2,174,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gimme it View Post

People talk about Jessica having no personality. Do you think Carrie Underwood is delightful and charming?
Don't know Coldplay, but they did nothing for me.

About Carrie Underwood: YES! I as thinking that I didn't see a lot of personality from her (never did). I do see personality from Jessica. She may be on the quiet side. Poised. Self-contained. Does all that equate to a lack of personality? Is personality just confined to doing the same things all the time, such as mugging for the camera, being bouncy and perky, and saying the same few things in slang (a la Randy)?

I couldn't believe that JLo criticized Jessica for wearing a tight dress! Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black? Yup, I know Jessica is only 16---but I thought the dress was in good taste and even classy.

Old 05-04-2012, 05:56 AM

18,968 posts, read 11,644,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gimme it View Post

He sorta lost it on that second song.
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
Carrie was very stiff when she was on AI. I think she's still quite shy. But Nashville has really taken a shine to her.
I've heard some of her songs and seen her picture but was surprised at how little poise she had when speaking with Ryan. She has to have plenty of experience with press junkets by now so maybe she's just really, really uncomfortable speaking instead of singing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzcat22 View Post
I couldn't believe that JLo criticized Jessica for wearing a tight dress! Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black? Yup, I know Jessica is only 16---but I thought the dress was in good taste and even classy.
That tickled me, too. Part of the problem with the dress was how she moved in it and how the camera looked like it was about to super-zoom up it a few times.

I wish it had been Hollie instead of Skylar last night - and that Hollie will be next to go. As technically good as Jessica can be, IMO she'll sound more generic than Philip or Joshua until she develops more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV