Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2014, 09:58 AM

5,319 posts, read 8,988,165 times

Advertisements

Caleb was the best by far last night.

He is still my pick for winning American Idol.

But as history has proven, the best singers/performers don't always win.

Adam Lambert lost.

James Durbin lost. He came in 4th in Season 10.

Remember this incredible performance by James?

James Durbin - Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting - American Idol Top 11 (2nd Week) - 03/30/11 - YouTube

So I've given up on believing the best performer will win, and now just enjoy the show for what it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2014, 10:25 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,397,063 times
Darn it, I can't remember Caleb...but who did make look up from my book
Was Jessica with pink hair ( I must forget her crying jag earlier that turned me off)
...I thought she was powerful and sounded like
Melissa Etheridge... and Alex...I think he was the slow song with the red beam of light,
he is unattractive to me, sorry, but maybe quirky enough to get so lost into
his music he may be a real artist...somehow he reminds me of Bob Dytlan bec he seems introverted or quiet like him.

Sometimes I think the 3 judges are bit too soft...Malaya was terrible...like Randy said
If she can pronounce her words clearly...but it was a bit jumbled....do braces do that? I dunno.
They are all sweet kids.

Hey, is Caleb the Meatloaf look alike they saved til the end? If so, he was very good.
Not my style, but so what...

Old 02-27-2014, 11:19 AM

5,333 posts, read 8,549,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
Caleb was the best by far last night.

He is still my pick for winning American Idol.

But as history has proven, the best singers/performers don't always win.

So I've given up on believing the best performer will win, and now just enjoy the show for what it is.
You are correct- the best often don't win AI - Jennifer Hudson didn't win AI either.

I am not banking on Caleb winning, but IMO he has the best voice in this competition. He also has a great personality to go along with it.

Plus, I love rock, so I am sure I will enjoy his song choices.

Old 02-27-2014, 11:32 AM
HDL

3,216 posts, read 6,788,996 times
Did anyone else feel that the new format was weird last night??? I didn't like the Randy commenting part before they sang or the 5 things about each contestant nonsense. It was unnecessary and boring in my opinion. Then the song choices were terrible and their outfits and few seemed to singing on key !!! What a hot mess last night! I haven't read any reviews other than on here, but I may do so after posting this.

Old 02-27-2014, 12:31 PM

364 posts, read 1,080,833 times
I knew this season was a disaster based off of who the judges picked. These contestants are terrible

Old 02-27-2014, 12:51 PM

1,872 posts, read 3,409,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDL View Post
Did anyone else feel that the new format was weird last night??? I didn't like the Randy commenting part before they sang or the 5 things about each contestant nonsense.
I thought it was weird too. First of all, I missed half of what he was saying because they had audience reaction audio walking all over him. And they stuck him down in that corner box, with the same dark background as the other windows, so nothing made him stand out visually. Every time - when I finally realized he was speaking - he was already half done.
And that blurry blue background behind Ryan is distracting and a little bothersome to my vision. It looks out of focus.

So far this year I am watching mostly for the judges.
Well I do like Majesty.
And that crazy girl (Maliah?) with the wild hair that sang first. She's entertaining.
And Caleb is pretty good, I always enjoy the rockers.

Old 02-27-2014, 02:08 PM

36,660 posts, read 67,557,504 times
The performances were boring or terrible to me.

It seems like this year they are more into personality and less into actual singing talent.

I hope this is their last season.

Old 02-27-2014, 03:55 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,988,165 times
MK's song last night was only 2 minutes long ... but I couldn't wait for it to end!

Top 13 -- MK Nobilette "Satisfaction" - AMERICAN IDOL SEASON XIII - YouTube

And a few of the others sounded like karaoke amateurs.

And I can't believe some were not singing on key?

You'd think they rehearsed these songs over and over during the past week?

And how can they blame it on the earpiece monitors ... didn't they use them while rehearsing?

Perhaps Randy isn't a very good mentor if he isn't picking up on these problems during rehearsal?

Old 02-27-2014, 04:18 PM

3,175 posts, read 3,656,991 times
I love the 50 vote limit, no more teenybopper crushes who can't sing getting through and knocking out good singers. I might watch this year after skipping the last 3.

Old 02-27-2014, 04:32 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,140,376 times
I really like Alex and Majesty.
Check out Alex performing an original song:

ALEX PRESTON - FAIRY TALES - YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1WJarQYCv0
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV