Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2014, 07:37 PM

1,336 posts, read 1,824,522 times

Advertisements

I work long hours so just saw the shows today. I like Caleb and Emily. What drove me crazy was trying to hear Randy's comments over the audience screaming and clapping. I hate that they do it that way. Not that I care what he is saying so much, but it is totally annoying. I am glad some of you commented on that. I was thinking maybe now that I am in my 50's perhaps it was some old age problem on my part I can't hear two things at once.

I didn't like MK's song at all, so fast forwarded. She is good on ballads. I like Sam but don't think he will last long. Caleb has such a huge personality I hope he sticks around. I really like Emily, I don't even know why but I like her. The rest...not so much. I think the talent last season was better, but the judges were a mess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2014, 08:42 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,532,938 times
I think Sam is just introverted. He has a great voice. Hopefully he being coached and learning to sing without the guitar or just looking at it.

I like his music style

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9BGumGiW0M

Old 03-02-2014, 02:14 AM

693 posts, read 1,502,727 times
I think Emily or Gina should of went home before Kristen.

Old 03-02-2014, 11:34 PM

18,025 posts, read 27,472,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
But as history has proven, the best singers/performers don't always win.

Adam Lambert lost.
Yeah, and your point?

Looks like this thread is gonna be another season of whinning and armchair quarterbacking.

Old 03-03-2014, 12:06 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,987,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Yeah, and your point?

Looks like this thread is gonna be another season of whinning and armchair quarterbacking.
Did you read the end of my post?

Quote:
So I've given up on believing the best performer will win, and now just enjoy the show for what it is.
It didn't take a musical guru to recognize that Adam Lambert's talent was FAR BETTER than Kris Allen.

Kris Allen Has Pulled The Plug On His Own Career -- Lashes Out At American Idol | Celeb Dirty Laundry

Quote:
Kris Allen’s second studio album Thank You Camelia has been projected to sell between 15,000 and 20,000 copies. The underperformance of his music career has led to rumors of his record label wanting to cease his contract and dump him. All of these Kris Allen revelations about Idol came out as Adam Lambert achieved magnificent success, reaching number one on the Billboard album charts with his latest album, Trespassing. When Kris Allen was asked whether he watched the American Idol finale, he said “No, Idol should really pull the plug now.” This is a really deafening blow to the show that gave Kris Allen his 15 minutes of fame, with many Kris Allen critics slaughtering him for his revelations about Idol
So as I stated and will repeat again .... I now just watch American Idol for what it is.

And I no longer expect the MOST talented person will win.

Old 03-03-2014, 02:04 PM

18,025 posts, read 27,472,437 times
Kris Allen was still a better singer. Not all AI winners go on to have the best careers. That is not a news flash. Same kind of thing happens in sports, college, etc.

Quote:
I wasn't putting that on you, but the many in here who have nothing positive to say, yet say over and over and over again how awful the show still is, yet racks the post totals up rather than changing the channel.

Quote:
Not many singers can fill Freddie Mercury's shoes.

I think that speaks volumes about Adam's talent!
Correction, no singer can fill Freddie Mercury's shoes. Besides that, why do it? So now Adam can go off and sound like Freddie Mercury? So now Queen can be a Cover Band! Wow! Sounds like a Vegas act.

Subjectively, I could care less.

My point about Kris Allen was missed on you. To take your own advice, read the rest of my ^ post.

Last edited by McGowdog; 03-03-2014 at 02:53 PM..

Old 03-03-2014, 02:48 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,987,336 times
Quote:
Kris Allen was still a better singer. Not all AI winners go on to have the best careers. That is not a news flash. Same kind of thing happens in sports, college, etc.

I wasn't putting that on you, but the many in here who have nothing positive to say, yet say over and over and over again how awful the show still is, yet racks the post totals up rather than changing the channel.
Kris Allen a better singer?

Sorry ... but that is laughable.

Adam Lambert was so incredibly talented, that rock group Queen may soon be touring with him:

Are Queen and Adam Lambert Finally Heading Out on Tour Together? « Radio.com News

Meanwhile Kris Allen doesn't even have a record label anymore.

Old 03-03-2014, 07:50 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,569,957 times
DVR alert--Effective March 13th, the Thursday evening edition of AI will be moved to 9PM, following the return of Gordon Ramsay's 'Hell's Kitchen' @ 8PM.

Effective Thursday March 27th, the results edition will be reduced to 30 minutes and air @ 9:30 PM, following the premiere of 'Surviving Jack', starring ex Law & Order-SVU star Christopher Meloni.

'Rake' will get one more airing in its 9PM timeslot this Thursday before it moves to Fridays on March 14th.

Old 03-03-2014, 09:56 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,257,892 times
Quote:
Kris Allen a better singer?

Sorry ... but that is laughable.

Adam Lambert was so incredibly talented, that rock group Queen may soon be touring with him:

Are Queen and Adam Lambert Finally Heading Out on Tour Together? « Radio.com News

Meanwhile Kris Allen doesn't even have a record label anymore.
Adam's doing a great job on Glee.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/03/03/listen...=SendToAFriend

Old 03-05-2014, 07:57 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,393,070 times
Well, tonight has gotten my attention! I am surprised.

And yes, Adam on Glee...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV