Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2014, 06:07 AM

1,765 posts, read 4,350,074 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beretta View Post
Caleb posted on his personal FB that he is putting a twist on a Lady GaGa classic tonight. He recorded the track this past weekend for the iTunes release that will be uploaded after the show.

I haven't watched every minute this season or last night... I did see the Gaga performance and I just am not understanding the passion for Caleb?? I thought it was borderline awful. It must make a difference to be in the room... I also didn't think Malaya was great yet the judges fell all over it....

I agree with a few previous posters that this season is not great... yet people keep talking about
"greatest group of contestants ever."

I would be much more harsh than "Harsh Harry".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2014, 09:28 AM

18,025 posts, read 27,472,437 times
I thought CJ was hideous last night and should go home.

Old 03-20-2014, 10:01 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,137,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Really? Jena above Alex? I don't know what 9-2 is, I'm not a gambler.
Think of it as 4.5 to 1.

Old 03-20-2014, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
I thought CJ was hideous last night and should go home.
MK's body of work is the weakest so far so she's got to go.

Did Jessica understand the lyrics to Pumped Up Kicks she was singing and smiling too last night?
Very freaky performance.

Old 03-20-2014, 10:26 AM

1,075 posts, read 1,773,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
MK's body of work is the weakest so far so she's got to go.

Did Jessica understand the lyrics to Pumped Up Kicks she was singing and smiling too last night?
Very freaky performance.
Kudos to MK's stylist for finally convincing her to not look like Justin Bieber.

Pumped Up Kicks is supposed to be upbeat, so smiling isn't that odd. It would have been more odd to be somber while singing an upbeat arrangement.

Old 03-20-2014, 10:34 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,393,070 times
Of course, thank you! Apply my math I learned 50 yrs ago...I knew it would come in handy!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
Think of it as 4.5 to 1.

Old 03-20-2014, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AV8n View Post
Kudos to MK's stylist for finally convincing her to not look like Justin Bieber.

Pumped Up Kicks is supposed to be upbeat, so smiling isn't that odd. It would have been more odd to be somber while singing an upbeat arrangement.
The melody is upbeat but she slowed it down and made it a bit more country so the lyrics became the focus.
It's akin to singing Pearl Jam's "Jeremy" while smiling and winking.

Old 03-20-2014, 12:55 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,532,938 times
The AI band whatever name they are was terrible last night as they was off for several but the contestants should got louder not softer as it appears they was forgetting particularly MK.

I knew this would happen with Harry being a judge is he overly critical on every bit but least he consistent on trashing everyone performance. He did the same thing when he was a mentor.

I remember when 'Pump Up The Kicks' came out on radio (couple years after it first was release) I loved the rhythm of the song that every time it came on in the truck I would listen to it loudly. The lead singer uses something to change pitch of his voice and parts I didnt know what he was saying so I looked it up and the lyrics are very disturbing, but with dark lyrics from a killer point of view it has a chery tune and is why Jessica smiling as it is a fun good crafted written song.
I love her voice and I like he slow down the tempo version. I also like this live version

I like how they are doing themes this year with the contestant choosing a wide spectrum and Im not sure why contestants still choosing songs that are so deviant from previous weeks.

The voting is so easy this year which is a major plus. Since we are in top 10 I added phone call in. I like the new numbers and same number so I can keep track how many calls in my phone log. I gave 3 contestants 50 votes each via Super Vote and gve 50 to of them and 49 to another in Google under both my Google accounts.

Old 03-20-2014, 01:37 PM

4,347 posts, read 4,723,343 times
Weird night last night.

Caleb Johnson - The Gaga song was strange.
CJ Harris - Love him, but last night was awful!
Jena Irene - Hated it. (Like the original song)
Alex Preston - Best of the night IMO.
Dex Roberts - Boring.
Jessica Meuse - What did she sing? I can't even remember.
Sam Woolf - He has gone downhill weekly for some reason.
MK Nobilette - Boring.
Malaya Watson - What did she sing? I can't even remember.
Majesty Rose - What did she sing? I can't even remember.

Old 03-20-2014, 01:49 PM

699 posts, read 1,015,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV8n View Post

I agree....but imo,MK is painfully uncomfortable performing without the hat. It's like taking away the training wheels off the bicycle before the child is ready. The new look, while infinitely more becoming on her, isn't working.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV