Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2014, 02:08 PM

699 posts, read 1,015,161 times

Advertisements

Just finished watching last night"s performance. This is, without a doubt the worst season ever, IMO.
I shudder to think what Simon would be saying to these contestants. That said, Alex and Caleb are my favorites.....although did not like Caleb's Gaga performance.

My bottom three could be any of the following: Dexter, CJ, Jena, Mk, Sam
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2014, 02:34 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,986,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catfancier View Post
I haven't watched every minute this season or last night... I did see the Gaga performance and I just am not understanding the passion for Caleb?? I thought it was borderline awful. It must make a difference to be in the room....
I thought Caleb's performance last night was another 10 out of 10!

I didn't even recognize the Lady GaGa song, but I could listen to Caleb's performance over and over again!

Caleb Johnson: "The Edge of Glory" - Top 10 - American Idol 2014 - YouTube

I guess you just have to be a fan of Hard Rock to really appreciate Caleb. His voice is just as good as the best recording artists, now and in the past.

It wouldn't surprise me if some very famous rock group asks Caleb to join them as their new lead singer?

Also, if you miss any of the performances, this person has them on YouTube:

TV Shows Events - YouTube

I also liked Jessica and Malaya's performances last night.

CJ was way off key. Whenever he sang with the violins playing, you could tell he was off. And it's a shame, because I really liked some of his past performances.

Last edited by RD5050; 03-20-2014 at 02:50 PM..

Old 03-20-2014, 02:37 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,134,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
I thought Caleb's performance last night was another 10 out of 10!

I didn't even recognize the Pink song, but I could listen to Caleb's performance over and over again!

I guess you just have to be a fan of Hard Rock to really appreciate Caleb. His voice is just as good as the best recording artists, now and in the past.

It wouldn't surprise me if some very famous rock group asks Caleb to join them as their new lead singer.
I think it's Lady Gaga, not Pink.

Old 03-20-2014, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
I knew this would happen with Harry being a judge is he overly critical on every bit but least he consistent on trashing everyone performance. He did the same thing when he was a mentor.
Critical, yes, but I wouldn't call it "trashing". I think Harry's great at telling them SPECIFICALLY what he thought they could improve on.
Simon Cowell would trash them - "it sounded horrible, like a cat set on fire ..."

Old 03-20-2014, 02:46 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,986,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
I think it's Lady Gaga, not Pink.
My mistake. I never listen to Lady GaGa, so that explains why I didn't know the song. I corrected my previous post.

Old 03-20-2014, 03:22 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,527,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
Critical, yes, but I wouldn't call it "trashing". I think Harry's great at telling them SPECIFICALLY what he thought they could improve on.
Simon Cowell would trash them - "it sounded horrible, like a cat set on fire ..."
ok your right, bad choice of words, he overly critical nick picking everything but bonus is everyone gets the same treatment so at least it not favoritism that was easily seeen by judges of seasons prior.

It good thing I have back log of programs on dvr so I can watch show later and FF commercials and jlo performance that I would love Harry to give honest review of that song.

Old 03-20-2014, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
ok your right, bad choice of words, he overly critical nick picking everything but bonus is everyone gets the same treatment so at least it not favoritism that was easily seeen by judges of seasons prior.

It good thing I have back log of programs on dvr so I can watch show later and FF commercials and jlo performance that I would love Harry to give honest review of that song.
Well, given that this season's idols are pretty crappy, Harry's got alot to be critical about. lol!!

It's much better feedback than "You have a really good voice, baby, but that didn't do it for me." (JLo)

Old 03-20-2014, 04:11 PM

1,872 posts, read 3,408,849 times
JLo is better at the performance advice. ''...Own the stage, keep centered - when you run all around it looks like you are indecisive (paraphrased), I saw your nervousness - don't let that show..."

Harry is best at the technical advice.

Keith's advice leans more toward the interpretation of the songs.

They all have their strengths. This is my favorite judges panel ever. Even over the Simon and Paula years.

Old 03-20-2014, 04:32 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,257,117 times
Alex Preston is my favorite. He is consistent and makes every song his own. He's a artist in the mold of Casey Abrams.
Edge of Glory one of my favorite GaGa songs and I didn't like Caleb's rendition. He was great last week.
I thought Jessica's version of Pumped Up Kicks was okay. The smile (really a smirk) was not offensive because she did a good job of explaining the intent of the song during her audition interview. It was interesting because I've never listened to the words, just like the beat for exercising.
As much as I'm not looking forward to J.Lo's performance tonight. I thought she gave decent critiques last night.
I know it's not going to happen, but I'd like Dexter to go home tonight. I liked both Malaya and Majesty last night. Either MK or CJ will probably leaving. Bad luck using initials instead of a name.

Old 03-20-2014, 06:20 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,501,220 times
I am glad that I am not the only one that thought that the band sucked!

I am not a Lady GaGa fan so there's that. Harry is getting on my nerves a bit. Randy is a crappy coach. MK is so boring and just has to go <yawn>. CJ, oh my, what a horrible night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV