Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2014, 07:41 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,368,313 times

Advertisements

It could be her son. I actually know someone whose teenage daughter had a baby and she and her husband (the babys grandparents) ended up caring for and eventually adopting the baby.

That could account for her being able to move away and not care for him.

Really I don't care one way or another. I just know that this show is so rigged it is not even funny.

Not sure I will tune in next season.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2014, 08:34 PM

3,457 posts, read 4,654,717 times
Leslie is the bad seed on this show and he will be eliminated first next week. They want a pretty face and bubbly personality to sell their cookbooks and they need a certain look. No one is going to buy it from an obnoxious old guy who rides coat tails who got out-cooked last night. This is all about ratings and Ramsey loves to keep around the bad element to draw people in. What great story doesn't have a good guy and bad guy? If Ramsey had his way, he would have Leslie announce that he is really Cutter's father to give it more of a Luke/Darth Vader feel.

I am predicting Elizabeth to win, they would love to have a red head selling cook books for them.

Old 09-10-2014, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
Leslie is the bad seed on this show and he will be eliminated first next week. They want a pretty face and bubbly personality to sell their cookbooks and they need a certain look. No one is going to buy it from an obnoxious old guy who rides coat tails who got out-cooked last night. This is all about ratings and Ramsey loves to keep around the bad element to draw people in. What great story doesn't have a good guy and bad guy? If Ramsey had his way, he would have Leslie announce that he is really Cutter's father to give it more of a Luke/Darth Vader feel.

I am predicting Elizabeth to win, they would love to have a red head selling cook books for them.
I would love for her to win but I think they are going to put Courtney on the pedestal she has been on all along.

Old 09-10-2014, 07:16 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,300,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
I would love for her to win but I think they are going to put Courtney on the pedestal she has been on all along.
Watching Other People Cook By Courtney.

Old 09-10-2014, 07:56 AM

1,094 posts, read 2,465,949 times
I keep hoping Elizabeth wins and Leslie and Courtney go down in flames. Courtney going down would be very satisfying, because she has avoided cooking a lot this season. Personally, I think they should make the winner of the mystery box challenge cook, and the reward should be to pick what everyone cooks and immunity. That way, if they cook a bad dish, they're safe. At least then the judges have an idea of how this person would have performed had they cooked. That will enable the judges to see what kind of cook that person really is. I hope they consider that change for next season.

Old 09-10-2014, 09:08 AM

3,201 posts, read 4,411,086 times
when i watch some of these reality shows and "family" drops in i always think that at least some of the "family" are rentals

something seemed extremely fake/strange to me about elizabeths husband

i dont know he just seemed like a rental to me

i figure sometimes they cant get a person to come for some reason and they have like a fill-in spouse or something

they should have hired a boyfriend and girlfriend for Courtney and Cutter so it would be more uniform

hell, they should probably hookup...

i notice women rag on Courney alot, talking about her voice or whatever or just flat out call her ugly... i suspect maybe people always have talked about her and maybe she is self concious, hence her "nice" demeanor and her wardrobe. when i see her i think of her dresses as "costumes"

___

watching sometimes, i cant believe the amount of bickering that these "grownups" were doing, i thought cutter did ok by just laughing off leslies remarks

shht was embarassing

elisabeth cant be accused of having a poker face, anytimes shes upset or something you can tell exactly what shes thinking everything is written all over her face.. she tightens up and folds her arms, its hilarious to me

anyways, i'm willing to bet that the f2 will be leslie/elisabeth... the old man is gonna win... he has this confidence and arrogance about him

he cracked me up when Grahem asked him what he thought of Cutter's chicken dish and Leslie smugly said "it looks dry" hehe that cracked me funk up

Old 09-10-2014, 09:20 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,300,835 times
Did I hear correctly that Cutter's dad is not his birth father? They look identical.

Old 09-10-2014, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
Did I hear correctly that Cutter's dad is not his birth father? They look identical.
That's what he said.

Old 09-10-2014, 09:25 AM

3,201 posts, read 4,411,086 times
step dad, came in to his family when he was 5 yrs old iirc

why he loves him so much, he probably really been a good dad, that why he care about him so much

guys arent usually that close like that

Old 09-10-2014, 09:31 AM

3,302 posts, read 3,029,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_TX View Post
when i watch some of these reality shows and "family" drops in i always think that at least some of the "family" are rentals

something seemed extremely fake/strange to me about elizabeths husband

i dont know he just seemed like a rental to me

i figure sometimes they cant get a person to come for some reason and they have like a fill-in spouse or something
This. I was saying to my sister yesterday that I didn't know why all the family members seemed to be strangely disconnected. I was thinking maybe they kept them in the box too long.

Elizabeth's husband had this strange fake smile on his face, kind of like an alien who had learned how to look happy to see someone from an instruction manual written by other aliens. And I noticed that while they had a camera on Courtney for what seemed like forever (although I have to say that even a split second on Courtney seems like forever to me) when she was reunited with her [air quotes] brother, they only kept the camera on Elizabeth and her husband for a moment and there were no close ups involved, only a brief shot from the back/side. And it looked very stiff and unnatural. Maybe he was upset that she left so soon after their wedding and he thought he was over it, but then when they let him out of the box he realized he hasn't gotten over it.

For contestants out of their twenties, I always wonder a little when they can't find a non family of origin adult to come and support the person. I don't know about anyone else here, but after I was about 25, the producers could have found someone other than my mom, dad, sister or brother to be there for me. I mean, even if they are working, it's not like the contestants themselves who have to take major time off to do this, I don't imagine it would be more than a couple of days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV