Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2016, 06:37 PM

21,479 posts, read 10,579,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
Poking fun at another poster.
Oh, lol. I thought I may have offended you in that earlier exchange when that was not my intention.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2016, 06:46 PM

4,326 posts, read 1,262,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
I was wondering if they were being ironic, maybe showing a mirror image of the future Eric as well and while giving Eric a taste of his own medicine possibly. Just a thought since they seemingly try to fit in every bit of every ounce of message they can in every episode thus far.
You may be right about that, I've watched every episode at least twice just to make sure that I didn't miss anything. John Ridley seems to enjoy using metaphors in this series to the point that it almost seems like an "art house" flick.

I'm not sure how I feel about Eric, even after seven episodes. Sometimes I feel sorry for him and other times I can't stand him. I shouldn't blame him though, look at the unsupportive, unloving family he has.

Old 02-18-2016, 07:04 PM

5,198 posts, read 5,279,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesmama View Post
I noticed this, too. If one of my nephews darted in and out of my house in the manner that he did, my Red Flag would have been up immediately. Nor would he be able to find my gun in that short a time.

Unlike most viewers, I'm having a bit of a hard time liking Taylor. Not sure what it is.
I wonder what he was like before this happened. Was he a douchebag teen?

If he is lying about being raped (I hope not, but he is lying about something) he is the biggest douchebag on the planet.

I sympathize/empathize with him. I see him as a tortured boy who has had one of the worst experiences in the world happen to him. He is also at an age where he cannot and should not be expected to handle it very well.

On another note, I am confused about the settlement that Leslie offered Evy's father. What was it for? Silence? I was not paying attention to that part.

Old 02-18-2016, 07:29 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,466,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
I wonder what he was like before this happened. Was he a douchebag teen?

If he is lying about being raped (I hope not, but he is lying about something) he is the biggest douchebag on the planet.

I sympathize/empathize with him. I see him as a tortured boy who has had one of the worst experiences in the world happen to him. He is also at an age where he cannot and should not be expected to handle it very well.

On another note, I am confused about the settlement that Leslie offered Evy's father. What was it for? Silence? I was not paying attention to that part.
I completely missed this scene, though I'm aware it did happen, I missed a couple of scenes, guess I'm going to have to watch again to catch some of what I missed this time around. But for sure it was to buy Evy's silence, she knows more about that party than what's been revealed.

Old 02-18-2016, 07:44 PM

5,198 posts, read 5,279,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
I completely missed this scene, though I'm aware it did happen, I missed a couple of scenes, guess I'm going to have to watch again to catch some of what I missed this time around. But for sure it was to buy Evy's silence, she knows more about that party than what's been revealed.
I think it was in the beginning of the show.

I'm sure that Evy knows a lot about what's going on. But how does Leslie know that?

Rhetorical question - thinking out loud.

Old 02-18-2016, 08:59 PM

4,922 posts, read 8,574,783 times
I was wondering about Eric's statement to the hook-up guy when he said something like "wanting someone to be with you and then claiming you said no". I wondered if he was talking about Taylor. Maybe I'm missing something between Eric and Taylor, though. There's so much in each episode, and I watching this as closely as I should have until the third episode or so...

Old 02-18-2016, 09:12 PM

9,150 posts, read 10,896,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayInCA View Post
You may be right about that, I've watched every episode at least twice just to make sure that I didn't miss anything. John Ridley seems to enjoy using metaphors in this series to the point that it almost seems like an "art house" flick.

I'm not sure how I feel about Eric, even after seven episodes. Sometimes I feel sorry for him and other times I can't stand him. I shouldn't blame him though, look at the unsupportive, unloving family he has.
I don't care what happens to him after his arranging Taylor's beatdown.

Old 02-18-2016, 09:35 PM

4,490 posts, read 4,984,317 times
I think I need to stop coming here...now I'm more confused than ever..
The hook up scene where dad gets shanked

I hate when movies - tv impose that closeted men are always violent.
I've known a few and nothing could be farther than the truth.
(Imho)

Old 02-18-2016, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay5835 View Post
I don't care what happens to him after his arranging Taylor's beatdown.
I agree, that was unforgivable that Eric set this whole thing up and likely pushed Taylor over the edge to the point that he killed Wes, and had a list with Eric, Kevin, and Leslie on it as well. Taylor's life is ruined forever! I just hope that he's found mentally ill so he doesn't have to go to prison (he wouldn't survive). Season two is way more disturbing than season one.

Old 02-18-2016, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilah G. View Post
I think I need to stop coming here...now I'm more confused than ever..
The hook up scene where dad gets shanked

I hate when movies - tv impose that closeted men are always violent.
I've known a few and nothing could be farther than the truth.
(Imho)
I'm sure that most closeted gay men are nice guys, but this guy Eric was hooking up with sucker punched him and then proceeded to attack him. Eric had to defend himself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV