Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2018, 11:41 AM

193 posts, read 147,846 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
I don't know, the scene between his wife and the other guard make me think he is still key to some interesting side stories. I just don't see the writers going in that direction and putting that kind of emphasis on nick's non-relationship with her just to kill him off, at least I hope not. So much possibility for dashed hopes and dreams there.
At this point I'm actually more interested in that relationship, and in Serena, and Aunt Lydia, than I am in June/Luke/Moira or Hannah.
But just think about it-- Nick is not sustainable.

His mentor is dead. He is unprotected. He is acting for the resistance.

His wife is a teen and already hurt and confused by his disinterest in her. She saw the letters. Further, she got attention from the creepy hothead guard. Maybe she confides in him. He has no loyalty to Nick.

Nick loves June but has met her husband. He saw that bond. He feels guilt. He's married. His options are limited in the June/baby direction.

Waterford knows Nick is the father of June's baby. There is jealousy there. Waterford was publicly shamed by those letters. We have seen him act like a monster. Nothing to keep him from scratching that itch again. He wanted Nick transferred but the mentor said no. He wants rid of him.

I think they are telegraphing pretty hard that he is not going to make it. But who knows. Maybe he helps Serena escape. Or June. Or Janine and baby Charlotte.

Looks like the promo for the finale has a confrontation between Eden and Nick...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1efxIN4ap4
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2018, 11:56 AM

16,076 posts, read 21,159,132 times
But if they just want to kill him off why bring in the wife and that whole storyline? Would have been simpler to just kill him without all that IMO. I am kind of hoping he somehow is involved with getting the baby out after June is gone. I can't see her making a successful escape with the baby, and there needs to be someone left behind who has an interest in reuniting her with the baby. I don't know, maybe just wishful thinking on my part.

Old 06-14-2018, 11:56 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,027,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo Cardinal View Post
When she 'fell out' the window after Nick's marriage to Eden.
She didn't fall out the window. She would be dead, or seriously injured and no longer pregnant if she fell from such a height.

Old 06-14-2018, 12:04 PM

Quote:
But if they just want to kill him off why bring in the wife and that whole storyline? Would have been simpler to just kill him without all that IMO. I am kind of hoping he somehow is involved with getting the baby out after June is gone. I can't see her making a successful escape with the baby, and there needs to be someone left behind who has an interest in reuniting her with the baby. I don't know, maybe just wishful thinking on my part.
My opinion? So they write him in to a corner. He has no options. He will do something noble and self-sacrificing.

Old 06-14-2018, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desperatedogadvice View Post
My opinion? So they write him in to a corner. He has no options. He will do something noble and self-sacrificing.
True I suppose, but not until after he's forced into an unholy alliance with Lydia to get the baby out of the house somehow, I hope. And I really want to see the story line with him, his wife, and the guard go somewhere first.

Old 06-14-2018, 12:15 PM

7,195 posts, read 5,729,801 times
They have to get rid of Nick to eliminate any Team Nick and Team Luke if/when June escapes.

I think that Nick giving Luke his name was a bad move on Nick's part. Luke might need to make his story well-known at some point, and he's going to need details about how he got the information about June... like who told him. As soon as Nick gave his name, I said out loud, "you should have said Kermit or Bob or Randy or literally any other name!"

Old 06-14-2018, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherTouchOfWhimsy View Post
They have to get rid of Nick to eliminate any Team Nick and Team Luke if/when June escapes.
Do they? An awful lot of successful shows use that device to keep viewers hooked and rooting for their favorite. I mean eventually they will have to eliminate one or the other, but in the meantime they could string it along for quite a while.

Old 06-14-2018, 12:27 PM

7,195 posts, read 5,729,801 times
Quote:
Do they? An awful lot of successful shows use that device to keep viewers hooked and rooting for their favorite. I mean eventually they will have to eliminate one or the other, but in the meantime they could string it along for quite a while.
I hope they don't do the whole love triangle/competition thing. This show is too deep for that, IMO. So many other more important things are happening to let it devolve into that; one of the major themes is womanhood and what that means. For them to default to a tired formula of two strapping men and one damsel would be really unfortunate.

Old 06-14-2018, 12:29 PM

Quote:
I hope they don't do the whole love triangle/competition thing. This show is too deep for that, IMO. So many other more important things are happening to let it devolve into that; one of the major themes is womanhood and what that means. For them to default to a tired formula of two strapping men and one damsel would be really unfortunate.
Agreed. I think its a distraction and very trite. I expect more from these writers.

They have dialed back the relationship with June and Nick for a reason.

Old 06-14-2018, 12:37 PM

Quote:
I could see it becoming a side story to add some interest, keep viewers guessing. As far as the womanhood theme I feel like Serena's story is much more interesting in that aspect. I'd really love to see more focus on that than on June and her waffling back and forth about trying to escape. June's choices seem a lot clearer than Serena's, and therefore less interesting to me.

Oh, I also don't see it so much as a love 'triangle' since he seems pretty clear on not continuing the relationship with her. I think it would run more along the lines of needing to do the right thing for his child and having to watch the relationship between June and Luke while his own marriage is just a sham.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV