Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2018, 05:40 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,571,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo Cardinal View Post
Odd thought: Could June be the safest Handmaid in Gilead right now? Her husband confronted her kidnapper/rapist, and undoubtedly there were news cameras that caught the incident. With the release of the letters and the immediate public reaction, the world may suddenly take a huge interest in Luke and his story. This, is turn, could trigger a "Free June Osbourne" movement. Gilead may end up treading very carefully around June in that event.
No. If anything, she just became more of a liability to the Waterfords, causing either Serena to be forced to keep her, or her being hidden deeper somewhere else.

Remember also that 'The World' is not all like Canada. Mexico is totally down with the handmaid situation. All they want is to trade for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2018, 09:41 PM

6,473 posts, read 6,681,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
So glad I found this thread! My husband and I started binge-watching this series a week ago. We just finished season 2, episode 9. I guess we'll be watching live from here on out. The thing is... we haven't figured out how to do that yes. Anyway, I am absolutely hooked beyond belief to this show. Now I've got to go back and read 46 pages of this thread.
Hi Katz! Yes, it's a great show and I've also enjoyed watching the "Inside the Episode" clips. Last week I was so excited for the next episode, I stayed up till midnight just to watch!

Interesting that you binged it so fast. For most of us, who started watching it weekly last year, the changes (in relationships, in power, in hope, etc) have been a long, slow road. For a binger, all the emotions and tensions of the changes have been tightly compressed into just a few days!

Old 06-19-2018, 09:20 PM

28,098 posts, read 29,976,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
Hi Katz! Yes, it's a great show and I've also enjoyed watching the "Inside the Episode" clips. Last week I was so excited for the next episode, I stayed up till midnight just to watch!
You know, we haven't watched any of the "Inside the Episode" clips. I've got to go back and do that. I'm already counting the hours until tomorrow.

Old 06-19-2018, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
You know, we haven't watched any of the "Inside the Episode" clips. I've got to go back and do that. I'm already counting the hours until tomorrow.
Only 1.5 hours to go!

I have dread. It can't stay on this upnote. There will be consequences........

Old 06-19-2018, 11:43 PM

4,922 posts, read 8,575,923 times
Didn't the previews show June going into labor this week? If so, once the baby is born, she's supposedly out of the Waterford home, and then she can be buried. Aunt Lydia may have plans for June. She won't be able to get pregnant right away, she's supposedly ousted from the Waterford home, so where will she go? Will she take her baby and run? She was adamant her baby wouldn't be born in Gilead. So many questions! Such a long wait for answers!

Old 06-20-2018, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy1210 View Post
Didn't the previews show June going into labor this week? If so, once the baby is born, she's supposedly out of the Waterford home, and then she can be buried. Aunt Lydia may have plans for June. She won't be able to get pregnant right away, she's supposedly ousted from the Waterford home, so where will she go? Will she take her baby and run? She was adamant her baby wouldn't be born in Gilead. So many questions! Such a long wait for answers!
There is no wait. It's available right now. I am just afraid to turn it on. Having a beer for courage.

Old 06-20-2018, 01:54 AM

2,209 posts, read 4,225,865 times
It’s just too oppressive and depressing. I’m out.

Old 06-20-2018, 11:57 AM

1,899 posts, read 2,265,165 times
I think they're building up to something with Eden, possibly involving the letters, but certainly related to Nick's lack of interest. But Eden would have to leave if Nick were dead, so Nick can't be dead.

Old 06-20-2018, 01:36 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,315,035 times
So was Nick shot?

I didn't know if this was the last episode of the season. I was worried it was and very relieved to see a trailer for episode 11.

Old 06-20-2018, 02:40 PM

1,275 posts, read 3,416,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVitamin View Post
It’s just too oppressive and depressing. I’m out.
I agree! Two rapes and the Hannah scene-ugh!!!! Especially that scene with June and how Serena was finally into the "ceremony', absolutely disgusting and completely negates any redemption for Serena.
I feel it can't go anywhere but up after this episode but I don't know if I'm up for continuing on this ride?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV