Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2018, 04:17 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,568,403 times

Advertisements

The rape was awful. I was like God, he is a monster. He enjoyed violently raping her. And Serena too. I didn't understand why he then gave her what she wanted.

The scene with Hannah was hard at first but it ended well. Hannah knows the truth. June did perfectly with her. You have to go be brave. Live and enjoy your life. Love your parents. She is an amazing person and the best Mom.

Nick is not dead. Taken for questioning. June is 'lost' but the Commander knows where she is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2018, 05:54 PM

4,032 posts, read 2,717,319 times
Am I the only one who thought, "June, this is your chance--see if you can find a car and get the hell out of dodge!"?

Old 06-20-2018, 06:29 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,568,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo Cardinal View Post
Am I the only one who thought, "June, this is your chance--see if you can find a car and get the hell out of dodge!"?
I thought she would see if the keys are in the vehicle they came in, but in her outfit, she couldn't get past any checkpoints, which are everywhere. Also seemed that maybe they are going to have her go into labor there alone.

Old 06-20-2018, 06:36 PM

16,421 posts, read 12,515,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
I thought she would see if the keys are in the vehicle they came in, but in her outfit, she couldn't get past any checkpoints, which are everywhere. Also seemed that maybe they are going to have her go into labor there alone.

The guys who took Nick took his keys and his SUV. One of the guards said "get the keys!" to the other, who then bent over and picked them up. Then we saw two cars drive off.

Old 06-20-2018, 09:21 PM

28,098 posts, read 29,976,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVitamin View Post
It’s just too oppressive and depressing. I’m out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilred0005 View Post
I feel it can't go anywhere but up after this episode but I don't know if I'm up for continuing on this ride?
Oh my gosh! You couldn't pay me enough to stop watching this now.

Old 06-20-2018, 09:25 PM

6,380 posts, read 5,498,068 times
So this wasn't the season finale?

Last season only had 10 episodes so I assumed this was a huge cliffhanger season finale until reading comments here....

Edit: just looked it up to see there are 13 episodes this season. Phew!

Old 06-21-2018, 04:48 AM

3,248 posts, read 2,457,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Oh my gosh! You couldn't pay me enough to stop watching this now.

Right??

I get so tired of people saying "oh my! Too depressing!" when we have actual scenes like this going on with parents being separated from their kids and not knowing when they will see them again (if ever) in real life. Its just a TV show. If you have to look away from this because its not rainbows and sunshine, what will you do if (and when) terrible things happen in real life?

But yeah I thought this was the last episode of the season. So relieved. Fred was really dumb to do this. He may have set Nick up, especially after that little piece of vitriol June spewed at him in his study. Not sure though.

Anyone feel sad for Eden? She is a baby and not the sharpest tool in the shed but when she realized she was basically staring down the barrel of a lifetime without any love, I felt my heart break for her.

Meanwhile, the June/Hannah scene tore me a new one. Just gutting. But again, not far from reality.

Old 06-21-2018, 05:28 AM

15,220 posts, read 10,318,759 times
I also thought last night's episode was the season finale, glad to hear it wasn't. I didn't feel too sad for Eden because she went into an arranged marriage to start off with. It was a crapshoot as to whether her husband would fall in love with her or not. To quote Tina Turner "What's Love Got to do with It"? I thought in Gilead's eyes, love was for marriage and procreation anyway. Do any of these married couples really "love" each other except those that were married before Gilead and allowed to stay married?

As for the ending I hope Nick isn't going to be killed and hung on the wall. I'm assuming June will be giving birth alone before anybody can get to her. That would really stick it to Serena wouldn't it?

Old 06-21-2018, 05:38 AM

1,381 posts, read 2,104,523 times
OMG what an episode and I wept at the reunion of June and Hannah - that was just heart wrenching (p.s. that little actress did a great job!)...
I guess it's going to be hard for Waterford to retrieve her because he broke the laws arranging that meeting between them so I do see her giving birth out there.
The best scene was when Serena was told it was false labor and walked into the bedroom with June just sitting on her bed all "smug"

Old 06-21-2018, 06:09 AM

11,411 posts, read 7,809,020 times
When the commander was sending June to see her daughter, he said “You deserve this”. Clearly he wasn’t talking about letting her see her daughter as a reward for her obedience. She told him he’d never know what it’s like to have a child so now instead of suspecting the child is Nick’s, he knows it is. Then Nick gets shot and hauled off and June’s left alone in the middle of nowhere. I shudder to think what he believes she deserves and how he’s arranged to give it to her. Last 2 episodes of the season are gonna be intense!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV