Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2018, 07:39 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,571,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desperatedogadvice View Post
So...

That was intense. Elizabeth Moss has earned every kudo she has gotten. June is a badass in the way that every woman who has had to survive a terrible circumstance is a badass. I love this show for reminding me how tough and resilient we all are. But they did say in the last episode that this was a 9 pound baby. The stars must have been aligned for both baby and mom to have a relatively easy labor in those conditions.

I kept thinking though, how is she going to drive while she is in labor? I hate these dangling carrot "freedom is so close" escape opportunities. I think it cheapens the show a bit. They can't just keep yo yo-ing the story about her almost getting out and getting sent back to the Waterfords until it becomes as repetitive as the Walking Dead.

And next week-- Nick is back. June is back in her room. The Waterfords are sniping at one another again. I am hoping this loop is going somewhere different soon.
She isn't going to drive. She gave up on trying to leave when the bleeding started. I didn't expect her attempt to work, so I wasn't let down. I knew it was going to be futile one way or another.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2018, 05:13 AM

15,220 posts, read 10,322,026 times
Yes, I agree Moss did some excellent acting although I found the episode sort of dragged. I agree with the poster who said this is starting to remind me a little of the Walking Dead. I know Serena wanted June gone as soon as the baby was born so I'm surprised to see that she is still in the house in the promos.

It's also a little odd to me that Fred is not upset with Nick for having sex with June. He seems to be quite accepting of it. Maybe having a baby is all they want and they don't care how they got it.

Old 06-29-2018, 06:26 AM

16,421 posts, read 12,519,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
I know Serena wanted June gone as soon as the baby was born so I'm surprised to see that she is still in the house in the promos.
I'm not surprised at all. Serena has no real power in that house, especially now that the Commander has taken his belt and put her in her place.

Quote:
It's also a little odd to me that Fred is not upset with Nick for having sex with June. He seems to be quite accepting of it. Maybe having a baby is all they want and they don't care how they got it.
The bolded is exactly it. That's why Serena suggested Nick in the first place.

Old 06-29-2018, 07:28 AM

693 posts, read 1,041,233 times
Quote:

The suggestion in some episodes was that it is actually the men who are infertile. Perhaps the elephant in the room (in their household) is that Fred is the one who can’t produce. Perhaps both Serena and Fred know this, but choose not to talk about it. And imagine how that would look to Gillead leaders if they also knew Fred was infertile.

Old 06-29-2018, 04:42 PM

15,972 posts, read 7,036,148 times
Finally watched episode 12. The worst ever. Her wandering from garage to house made no sense. Shooting into the air made no sense, who did she think was going to help her? The preview shows she is back with Fred and Serena, duh.
I wish she had shot the pair when she had a chance, had the baby, and made out with her in the Ferrari. This show is getting tiresome, they have run out of steam.

Old 06-29-2018, 04:48 PM

12,906 posts, read 15,664,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
Finally watched episode 12. The worst ever. Her wandering from garage to house made no sense. Shooting into the air made no sense, who did she think was going to help her? The preview shows she is back with Fred and Serena, duh.
I wish she had shot the pair when she had a chance, had the baby, and made out with her in the Ferrari. This show is getting tiresome, they have run out of steam.
Where did you see a Ferrari? It's wasn't that beast of car in the garage.

Old 06-29-2018, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
Where did you see a Ferrari? It's wasn't that beast of car in the garage.
Oh I thought somebody mentioned a Ferrari in the garage. Ok the car in the garage then - it had gas apparently, is in good condition, and she has a gun. Time for the show to get a move on on the plot.

I would like to see more of this world, where the borders are, and also something abut what is happening to the US. The news was the most interesting aspect of this episode - that India and China are sending relief supplies to the US. That was a nice touch. If there are sanctions on Gilead, how is it affecting them? who are their trade partners? These would make the show more interesting for me.

Old 06-29-2018, 05:17 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,294,125 times
Quote:
Oh I thought somebody mentioned a Ferrari in the garage. Ok the car in the garage then - it had gas apparently, is in good condition, and she has a gun. Time for the show to get a move on on the plot.

I would like to see more of this world, where the borders are, and also something abut what is happening to the US. The news was the most interesting aspect of this episode - that India and China are sending relief supplies to the US. That was a nice touch. If there are sanctions on Gilead, how is it affecting them? who are their trade partners? These would make the show more interesting for me.
Mexico trades with Gilead that was first revealed in Season one and mentioned again by June this season.. Hawaii and Alaska are still part of the original US and if I remember correctly the book mentions the City of Chicago and a Baptist Militia in the Appalachian Mountains both being pockets of resistance

Old 06-29-2018, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Mexico trades with Gilead that was first revealed in Season one and mentioned again by June this season.. Hawaii and Alaska are still part of the original US and if I remember correctly the book mentions the City of Chicago and a Baptist Militia in the Appalachian Mountains both being pockets of resistance
I think it is time the plot moves on to the larger world a bit. It does sometimes and that is when the plot moves in interesting ways. But not enough. Season was fine in this interior suffocating way. But it can explore a bit of epilogue of the book

Old 06-29-2018, 07:55 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,027,723 times
Quote:
But it can explore a bit of epilogue of the book
The book's epilogue takes place over 100 years later.

Quote:
This is June's story, not Gilead's story. I doubt the show will go much into details on border protection and trade, as that isn't really what the show is about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV