Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2018, 09:21 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,888,047 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherTouchOfWhimsy View Post
But what's the fun in that? They could also artificially inseminate the handmaids or do IVF or artificial insemination of the wives, but that's not very exciting or gratifying for the men. The entire premise is based on the men's pleasure. I don't think Fred would be satisfied with simply shooting June and Nick.
Doing IVF is forbidden in Gilead--
They couldn't do that w.o turning their religiosity on its head...
Like the GOP saying climate change is real would decimate its ranks....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2018, 12:58 PM

193 posts, read 147,846 times
Anyone see the latest? I won't until this evening but I have been reading recaps. How was it?

Old 06-27-2018, 05:35 PM

28,098 posts, read 29,976,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desperatedogadvice View Post
Anyone see the latest? I won't until this evening but I have been reading recaps. How was it?
Wonderful! Fabulous! Incredible! Now I'm counting the minutes till next Wednesday.

Old 06-27-2018, 06:11 PM

16,421 posts, read 12,515,078 times
In-freaking-tense! And Moss probably earned herself another Emmy.

Probably going to skip fireworks next week to catch the next epi!

Old 06-27-2018, 07:14 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,571,675 times
Interesting. He really was giving her a present. He doesn't get a pass on raping her by blaming Serena though. I liked their fight with each other. I liked all of it. The wolf. How she looked at the wolf like another animal herself. Almost shooting them. Trying to get out of the garage. Baby, no, no. Not now. Having her alone. Naming her Holly. All of it!

Old 06-27-2018, 08:45 PM

4,032 posts, read 2,717,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
Interesting. He really was giving her a present. He doesn't get a pass on raping her by blaming Serena though. I liked their fight with each other. I liked all of it. The wolf. How she looked at the wolf like another animal herself. Almost shooting them. Trying to get out of the garage. Baby, no, no. Not now. Having her alone. Naming her Holly. All of it!
Part of me wanted her to shoot them, the other part of me was thinking if she shot and missed, they'd find a way to make her life a *lot* worse. (Which is hard to imagine, but they could always come up with something.)

So who do you think came for her, and how are Fred and Serena going to explain all this? As they pointed out to each other in their argument, it's going to look way too suspicious at this point that June keeps slipping away from them.

And who all recognized the voice on the radio? *grin*

And a few small things I noticed and wondered about....the Commander and his wife who adopted Hannah--think they might be....not quite as aligned with all the ideals of Gilead? There's the Commander's hot rod in the garage for starters, and I also noticed a girl's bike in there, appropriate for Hannah's age (a bike just doesn't seem like a very Gilead-like thing for girls). And I'd have to watch the scene again, but I think Hannah's drawing (that her new parents framed) even had her writing on it?

Old 06-27-2018, 09:19 PM

I didn't notice the voice. Who??????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????? I thought June was just excited by the message, but who does she know in America?

Old 06-27-2018, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo Cardinal View Post
Part of me wanted her to shoot them, the other part of me was thinking if she shot and missed, they'd find a way to make her life a *lot* worse. (Which is hard to imagine, but they could always come up with something.)

So who do you think came for her, and how are Fred and Serena going to explain all this? As they pointed out to each other in their argument, it's going to look way too suspicious at this point that June keeps slipping away from them.

And who all recognized the voice on the radio? *grin*

And a few small things I noticed and wondered about....the Commander and his wife who adopted Hannah--think they might be....not quite as aligned with all the ideals of Gilead? There's the Commander's hot rod in the garage for starters, and I also noticed a girl's bike in there, appropriate for Hannah's age (a bike just doesn't seem like a very Gilead-like thing for girls). And I'd have to watch the scene again, but I think Hannah's drawing (that her new parents framed) even had her writing on it?
I don't think that is their house. That must be someone's house that ..... well, IDK what circumstance would cause an empty house. Covers over everything to keep from getting dusty. When the Waterfords went to Canada, the staff except for Nick stayed. Hannah's Martha is there in Gilead, presumably where they live.

Old 06-27-2018, 09:36 PM

4,032 posts, read 2,717,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
I didn't notice the voice. Who??????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????? I thought June was just excited by the message, but who does she know in America?
It was Oprah Winfrey.

Old 06-27-2018, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo Cardinal View Post
It was Oprah Winfrey.
You are playing with me! Aren't you? I have to listen again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV