Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2018, 08:41 PM

15,972 posts, read 7,036,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
The book's epilogue takes place over 100 years later.

This is June's story, not Gilead's story. I doubt the show will go much into details on border protection and trade, as that isn't really what the show is about.
Well, the show has gone beyond the book now with season 2. The show does show other points of view when June is not present - the whole episode about the non-women or whatever they are called. It goes to Canada with Fred, that is not just June's story. So yes, the show can be anything it wants to be.
The epilogue is 100 years later but the show can be the present of the 100 years, which is what it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2018, 08:41 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,571,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
Finally watched episode 12. The worst ever. Her wandering from garage to house made no sense. Shooting into the air made no sense, who did she think was going to help her? The preview shows she is back with Fred and Serena, duh.
I wish she had shot the pair when she had a chance, had the baby, and made out with her in the Ferrari. This show is getting tiresome, they have run out of steam.
Shooting in the air did bring help. At the end you see the headlights of cars pull up.

Old 06-29-2018, 08:44 PM

15,972 posts, read 7,036,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
Shooting in the air did bring help. At the end you see the headlights of cars pull up.
If you watched the preview of 12, it was obviously Fred and Serena or someone who turned her and the baby over to them. The plot is stuck.

Old 06-29-2018, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
If you watched the preview of 12, it was obviously Fred and Serena or someone who turned her and the baby over to them. The plot is stuck.
It doesn't matter who, I was just saying she drew attention to her location. Are you saying you were hoping for rescue inside Gilead from someone other than Gilead? She knew exactly what she was doing. When the baby started coming, her chance at escape was over. She gave over to the fact she was going back, which I personally didn't expect otherwise.

It was obvious the entire thing was impossible. Driving alone all the way to safety? No proper outfit to pass off as someone else like Moira did. And she's pregnant, really really pregnant, so who could she even try to pass off as? A Wife? I suppose some must get pregnant, but they do not go driving around in hot rods alone. No aunts or marthas get pregnant.

We just see it differently, I guess. You're wanting things to move more quickly regarding her escape, but after that the show is essentially over. So I'm not expecting that.

And..........Bradley Whitford! Looking forward to that. If he is evil, I got over seeing him be evil in 'Get Out'. He will make a good Commander.

Old 06-29-2018, 09:39 PM

16,421 posts, read 12,519,494 times
Quote:
It was obvious the entire thing was impossible. Driving alone all the way to safety? No proper outfit to pass off as someone else like Moira did. And she's pregnant, really really pregnant, so who could she even try to pass off as? A Wife? I suppose some must get pregnant, but they do not go driving around in hot rods alone. No aunts or marthas get pregnant.

Not to mention she had no clue where she was, or how to get to anywhere safe.

Old 06-29-2018, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Not to mention she had no clue where she was, or how to get to anywhere safe.
Just a shot in the dark, heading north. I'd rather it be the way it did than that futile exercise, and ending up God knows where having that baby.

I felt the episode was realistic in that she would take all of those chances if the garage door would have opened, but it ended up being a blessing that it didn't. She had safety and warmth to bear her child. She had not given up getting out someway until the bleeding started. She said 'No, baby, no...........' (which I had been waiting for that moment, it had been forecast. The Commander did his 'natural remedy' to a baby not ready to come yet, there was no way to believe it would hold off).

I am not articulate like people who write reviews or do recaps, but the entire episode had so much meaning, it didn't need a furtherance of the plot.

It was damn near perfect.

Old 06-30-2018, 05:44 AM

15,220 posts, read 10,322,026 times
I just hope the show isn't going to repeat itself over and over. "June escapes, goes back to the Waterfords", rinse & repeat. If that happens I will probably stop watching. I realize the show is successful so it will be strung along for a couple of more seasons (like The Walking Dead) before many of us give up on it and stop watching.

Old 06-30-2018, 06:01 AM

16,421 posts, read 12,519,494 times
Quote:
Just a shot in the dark, heading north.
Sure, turn north and one mile up the road hit a major checkpoint.

Notice I didn’t say she didn’t know how to get to Canada. I said she didn’t know how to get somewhere safe. Not even temporarily safe.

Old 06-30-2018, 06:02 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,315,035 times
I feel (hope) that the writers of this show have more integrity than to keep recycling the June escapes, gets returned storyline. I mean Margaret Atwood is one of the writers on the show and I just don't see her cheapening her creation like this.

Old 06-30-2018, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Sure, turn north and one mile up the road hit a major checkpoint.

Notice I didn’t say she didn’t know how to get to Canada. I said she didn’t know how to get somewhere safe. Not even temporarily safe.
I know, we agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV