Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 07:11 AM

1,921 posts, read 5,622,558 times

Advertisements

Yes, it was a little dull, last night, (although, I was glad they changed their mind about that one little girl. And, I liked Bailey Brown. She even has an already catchy name! It'll be interesting to see far she goes). However, for those who would like to see more of the worst, tonight's show is supposed to have alot of those. Also, some more of the folks who were picked to go to Hollywood. So, we can see more of the good, the bad, and the awful!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2007, 08:24 AM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,908,523 times
AMERICAN IDOL IS FIXED!!! I said it when the show started and I'll keep saying it until it gets canceled. I believe this because it is just a t.v. show.
When they were in San Antonio, the girl from Sugar Land that had a great voice was told that she wouldn't go to Holywood because of her facial expressions. FACIAL EXPRESSIONS ?!?!? C'mon. You and I both know that they did that to add drama. Then they let her come back in, knowing that she had a great voice, and sing again. The producers just told them to do that, I bet, just to make it more suspenseful.
You're seeing this statement from me, first...
Don't be supprised if that girl is the next American Idol.

Old 02-07-2007, 01:21 PM

15 posts, read 76,311 times
I disagree with you about the facial expressions because when someone is singing a beautiful song but makes a very obvious "sour face" it does distract from the feeling they're supposed to be expressing.
But, I do agree, there is something kind of special about Ashlynn. She may not be not "the" Idol... because there are some voices that are extremely good, but if she'll learn not to grimace as she sings certain words I think she'll get right up in the top. I was really surprised when they said "No" initially.

I put a star by the Reuben guy, Jimmy McNeal, (I take notes...maybe I want to see how good of a judge I am....maybe I should replace Paula? :-)

I also liked the 16 yo blonde- Baylie Brown, and the skinny, black cousin - Akron.
From previous shows, I liked the Navy guy, the girl back up singer, and Phill the bald guy. And Melinda Sparks...was she the opera singer? I'm not sure who Chris is, I might have missed him.

And - I can't believe I'm on this thread - I'm supposed to be finding a place to live in Utah! Anyone's feelings on Am. Fork, Pleasant Grove, or Span. Fork?

Old 02-07-2007, 10:07 PM

2,408 posts, read 14,395,579 times
Well, the auditions are finally done. Tonight's verdict? For me, it was all about the last girl who sang Aretha Franklin. I just loved her. The anti-William Hung guy with the smoky voice was good too. I liked the little retrospective at the end, just showing a reminder of all the great talent and all the freaks who tried out this year.

Oh, and it's not a season of American Idol without several contestants' past criminal records coming to light and apparently Akron, the cousin in San Antonio who made it to Hollywood, was booted off the show due to a past marijuana conviction and the articles made it sound like he actually may have made it to the Top 24 (that part has already been taped). Similarly, the "facial expressions" girl also has a criminal past for something stupid, putting sugar in an ex-boyfriend's gas tank. I'm not sure if they'll boot her from the show because of it. Of course, if she gets booted in Hollywood it won't be an issue either way.

Old 02-08-2007, 06:45 AM

30,357 posts, read 51,950,786 times
My favorites from last night were the Aretha Franklin woman, the tall roller skater, and the - how do I say this without being offensive? - lesbian/folk singer. You know, that girl with the lip ring, and a voice that sounded like Indigo Girls meets Janis Joplin... wow, she was amazing!! Can't wait to hear more of her! As for the bad ones, I felt kind of sorry for that curly haired (Puerto Rican?) guy. He seemed really sweet, and I actually think he believed his voice was good. Anyway, I don't know about you all, but I'm ready for the real competition to begin!

Old 02-08-2007, 06:49 AM

1,093 posts, read 3,796,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
My favorites from last night were the Aretha Franklin woman, the tall roller skater, and the - how do I say this without being offensive? - lesbian/folk singer. You know, that girl with the lip ring, and a voice that sounded like Indigo Girls meets Janis Joplin... wow, she was amazing!! Can't wait to hear more of her! As for the bad ones, I felt kind of sorry for that curly haired (Puerto Rican?) guy. He seemed really sweet, and I actually think he believed his voice was good. Anyway, I don't know about you all, but I'm ready for the real competition to begin!
You liked and disliked everyone that I did!
Except I have one addition. I did like that Bailey Brown girl. She was the total package as Simon put it.

Old 02-08-2007, 06:55 AM

30,357 posts, read 51,950,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poprocksncoke View Post
You liked and disliked everyone that I did!
Except I have one addition. I did like that Bailey Brown girl. She was the total package as Simon put it.
I put her in my favorites for Tuesday's show...

Great minds think alike, I guess - LOL!

Old 02-08-2007, 06:57 AM

1,093 posts, read 3,796,519 times
Quote:
I put her in my favorites for Tuesday's show...

Great minds think alike, I guess - LOL!
I agree, we are pretty great.

I liked the bit about people not being able to go out the right door. I would so run into the wrong door and proceed to try and shove myself through it.

Old 02-08-2007, 08:50 PM

2,408 posts, read 14,395,579 times
Quote:
Ooh, I forgot about the lip ring pedi-cab driver girl. I loved her. She was one of my favorites. I felt bad for the Puerto Rican guy too. I think he actually has a decent voice, but just needs some more training and his audition was a bit of a mess. He seemed like a nice guy though. I always feel bad for the truly nice people who get rejected, even if they're horrible. It's the softie in me. Now, the brimming with attitude freakshows, I love seeing rejected.
Quote:
Originally Posted by poprocksncoke
I liked the bit about people not being able to go out the right door. I would so run into the wrong door and proceed to try and shove myself through it.
I don't understand why they don't just OPEN THE OTHER DOOR if it always presents itself as such a problem. I'm pretty much certain that producers do it specifically to humiliate the contestants further.

On another note, I went to a spoiler site and found out (supposedly) who makes it to the final 24. Well, most of them. All 12 of the guys and around half of the girls. I was surpised by a good number of them but some of my favorites are there.

Old 02-08-2007, 09:05 PM

2,815 posts, read 12,987,857 times
And Ashlynn... the sweet-eyed and polite girl who was rejected, took it graciously, was invited back, got the ticket to Hollywood....
Well, maybe there's another side to her as I saw her mugshot for being arrested for putting sugar in an ex-boyfriend's gas tank...
Looks can be deceiving and I was fooled!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV