Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2010, 08:14 PM

2,119 posts, read 4,168,726 times

Advertisements

Crystal has grown on me! I really like her! I read Lee ,Siobhan(sp?) Mike & Crystal got tattoos together . Crystal got a meaningful one to help others be aware of Juvenile Diabetes type 1. She wants to be a role model especially for teens who suffer from that. I think she comes from the school of hard knocks and that is A-OK in my book:-)
article below:
Four American Idol Finalists Get Tattooed Together! | Story | Wonderwall
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2010, 09:42 PM

894 posts, read 1,127,407 times
I read that Crystal and her boyfriend (the Father of her son) got married in a secret Vegas wedding. The week that it was Elvis week and they went to Vegas, her and Tony (boyfriend) exchanged their vows at a Wedding Chapel on the strip (a few sites have photos!)

Big Mike & his wife went with Crystal and Tony and were their witnesses. Mike & his wife also renewed their wedding vows.

Isn't that sweet?

That's why she sang "No one needs to know right now" ... she's so funny.

I really like Crystal a lot and I think she has a brilliant career ahead of her because she's so creative, talented, and has such a beautiful soul.

Once it gets down to where there's just 2 of them left on Idol, do they still not allow them to sing a song they wrote? I remember in one of the last shows between Clay and Rubin that Clay sang a song he wrote.

Just wondered if they're still allowed to do that or not? If so, maybe Crystal will sing "Farmer's Daughter" ... wow. I'd love to listen to that.

Crystal & Shoban both have their tour dates released now. Crystal's going to be near here on her tour, and I might go listen to her sing! I'm so excited.

Old 05-01-2010, 07:34 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,986,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by {geek} View Post
I read that Crystal and her boyfriend (the Father of her son) got married in a secret Vegas wedding. The week that it was Elvis week and they went to Vegas, her and Tony (boyfriend) exchanged their vows at a Wedding Chapel on the strip (a few sites have photos!)

Big Mike & his wife went with Crystal and Tony and were their witnesses. Mike & his wife also renewed their wedding vows.

Isn't that sweet?

That's why she sang "No one needs to know right now" ... she's so funny.

I really like Crystal a lot and I think she has a brilliant career ahead of her because she's so creative, talented, and has such a beautiful soul.

Once it gets down to where there's just 2 of them left on Idol, do they still not allow them to sing a song they wrote? I remember in one of the last shows between Clay and Rubin that Clay sang a song he wrote.

Just wondered if they're still allowed to do that or not? If so, maybe Crystal will sing "Farmer's Daughter" ... wow. I'd love to listen to that.

Crystal & Shoban both have their tour dates released now. Crystal's going to be near here on her tour, and I might go listen to her sing! I'm so excited.
Cool !!!

Just read about Crystal's wedding here:

http://www.starmagazine.com/news/16797

Old 05-03-2010, 12:35 AM

378 posts, read 424,624 times
I'm jumping into this thread, not going to read all 80+ pages of posts . . .

Crystal seems very genuine, down-to-earth, and is a fantastic singer and musician!

But given her rough past with all the family violence, I wonder just how she's going to deal with the fame and fortune. She "seems" grounded and reasonably intelligent, but will she remain that way or go to the dark side? If her lowlife birth mother slithers out from under her rock to suddenly claim loyal support for her daughter, will Crystal give in and let her into her life and share the fame OR will Crystal tell the mother to go to hell? The whole lot of them appear quite low class. But Crystal's obviously channeled the bad stuff into great singing, writing, and playing.

Good riddance to Siobhan - what a robotic BORE. Something about her eyes - COLD and MEAN. And what a bad attitude - talk about poor sportsmanship. The one week where she went back into the waiting area and ignored the other contestants and stood in the corner bawling. What a brat. Her singing is nothing more than anyone in any high school musical. The first time she hit a hit note, everybody went crazy and Siobhan thought that was her ticket to the win. Wrong. Because those high notes became nothing but screeching and squawking.

She did not take criticism well, and when she got booted, she did not even have the good manner and graciousness to say hey, I've had a blast, this was a chance only a few get, I learned a lot and will use that to my advantage, yada . . . she lacks ANY class. With her attitude and predictable vocals, she doesn't deserve a contract or a fan base.

I am absolutely anti-tats and body-piercings . . . I don't understand any young girl/woman wanting to be tattooed. Worse, they have no thought about 30 years down the road when those already ugly and dirty-looking tats start wrinkling and sagging and drooping - GROSS.

It's rebellion or a lack of confidence/self-esteem (or both). It's sad really, what these girls (and guys) are doing to their bodies.

One more thing about the show . . .

It will be between Lee and Crystal . . .

And Idol should do something new at the last minute:

Have TWO winners - male and female . . . Lee and Crystal and wow, do those two have duet potential!

Old 05-03-2010, 02:40 AM

I haven't heard (or read) anything about family violence or anything about Crystal's birth Mother. What's that all about? If you have any links where I can read about it, please share. Thanks.

Old 05-03-2010, 09:08 AM

2,119 posts, read 4,168,726 times
I have 3 kids, none with tattoos (their choice) I try not to judge a book by its cover. Crystal does have tattoos but that doesn't make her less of a person. There are plenty of non tattooed sketchy people to go around. I have changed my way of thinking about tattoos over the years so I look past all that and judge the AI contestants by their voice, not looks.

Old 05-03-2010, 11:41 AM

3,110 posts, read 5,386,447 times
I think all of us have to remember how young these contestants are. Graciousness and style come with experience and age. As they've been on the show, many of them have really grown. They've all been under a lot of stress, and they work from 4AM to 10PM some days. It's rough - it's a bootcamp for the industry. You know, if you are 25, you've only been on the planet 9,133 days. That's not a long time. So i give them all credit for making it this far. Whether or not I think they are the ones who win - by God they got here.

Old 05-03-2010, 12:07 PM

446 posts, read 831,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toosie View Post
We all judge others, as individuals and groups, based on all sorts of factors. That gratuitous bit of American bashing was a judgment - an "unfair" one, in my estimation. I'm as liberal as the next guy and can see plenty of issues with "America today" and our global image. Not liking the look of tats and piercings doesn't make the list.
I'm pretty "liberal", too....look at some of my other posts, but I wasn't bashing "Americans", I was stating that I was ashamed of some Americans, then I qualified that statement and said that I guessed that others did it as well, or something like that.

What got me was what a poster said about how they didn't like the looks of someone so they didn't like them as a singer. I don't care what someone looks like when I hear them on the radio or on my Ipod.

I'd rather, personally, see someone who is real instead of fake with fake teeth, boobs, nose jobs, etc. If someone chooses to do that, that's fine, it doesn't make me like them less and if they're a great singer, then fine. I can deal with the fake boobs and nose....I don't care what a singer looks like. They don't all have to look like Mariah Carey or Carrie Underwood (she was used as an example).

Variety is the spice of life...heard that somewhere a time or two.

And....I'm wondering why the 60 something poster hasn't replied. I'm not out to start a fight or to bash my country, I just do not understand where people get their shallow views.

On the Today show today they were talking about how there is now a change coming about with it being more acceptable in Hollywood land to be "volupuous" (no, I know I spelled that wrong)....

To judge someone totally on their looks can potentially make one miss out on a really special person....that's all I'm sayin......

Old 05-03-2010, 10:49 PM

378 posts, read 424,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by {geek} View Post
I haven't heard (or read) anything about family violence or anything about Crystal's birth Mother. What's that all about? If you have any links where I can read about it, please share. Thanks.
Reportedly, her father was in jail for some kind of violence against Crystal's teenaged stepbrother . . . don't know if that's true or not.

But if you can believe her songwriting, here is "Farmer's Daughter" - the lyrics are shocking, but wonderfully written - I guess she channeled her troubles into something creative . . . love the melody and guitar.

YouTube - Crystal Bowersox - Farmers Daughter

Old 05-04-2010, 09:08 AM

Is anyone else already getting excited about tonight? I can't wait to hear what everyone's going to sing.

@desli, thanks for the info.
(Just an FYI, I'm blind and am not able to play the video's. In order to get to the button on it, I have to keep hitting the tab key until it comes to the correct link and then hit enter to go to it (play it). But, screen readers don't read JavaScript and therefore, can't even take me to the button anyway. Just thought I'd let you know. ... but thanks anyway)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV