Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2010, 11:22 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,348,076 times

Advertisements

OH MY GOD!

My idol is on tonight on AI!! HARRY CONNICK~!! He is the best!! Can't wait for tonight! I will need smelling salts.

Final 2 everyone?
Crystal and Lee???

I really like Mike- He sounds like Luther Vandross! he rocks!! I don't care for Crystal as I don't like the Janis Joplin sound...but it'll be her or Lee/Maybe Mike? I am hoping!!

I used to like Siobhan--then she went haywire! I don't think this season is good at all compared to others................Simon leaves next season so I think it's ready to retire!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2010, 12:40 PM

378 posts, read 424,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by {geek} View Post
Is anyone else already getting excited about tonight? I can't wait to hear what everyone's going to sing.

@desli, thanks for the info.
(Just an FYI, I'm blind and am not able to play the video's. In order to get to the button on it, I have to keep hitting the tab key until it comes to the correct link and then hit enter to go to it (play it). But, screen readers don't read JavaScript and therefore, can't even take me to the button anyway. Just thought I'd let you know. ... but thanks anyway)
Hi "geek" . . . I am so sorry, I didn't know that.

Ok, are you able to get the audio to play on the song?

The video is only a couple of still shots of Crystal - not an actual video, so the audio is the only issue.

Let me know if you can't play the audio and we'll see what we can do.

Old 05-04-2010, 07:05 PM

4,585 posts, read 12,366,662 times
Must admit Lee won the night

Crystal was a close 2nd, I think the judges were unfair with her it was a VERY good subtle performance

Mike - err OK

The rest can go home

Old 05-04-2010, 07:18 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,061,041 times
The sound was messed up for half of the show.

They kept trying to fix it by freezing the picture.

As a result, Mike wasn't shown for half of his song!

Lee and Chrystal were the ONLY performances not affected by the sound problem.

Maybe the sound problem wasn't country wide, but it completely ruined the show for me tonight.

I couldn't stand seeing the sound not matching people's lips.

And I couldn't help but wonder if the show was really LIVE if the sound could be off cue like that.

Old 05-04-2010, 07:33 PM

4,721 posts, read 15,617,005 times
No sound problam here.
I think the judges were much too hard on Casey/Chrystal.
This was not their element. They still did well.
Not everyone can sing Sinatra,
nor should they.
l

Old 05-04-2010, 10:11 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,886,738 times
Sinatra night certainly revealed everyone's incredible weaknesses. Crystal, who has natural talent, was just ho hum. Mike? I don't get it. Aaron was sweet but boring as usual. Lee was grating. And Casey, whom I love when he's singing country rock, was BEYOND horrible, OMG.

This is the most pathetic AI season. All I could think about was Adam strutting down the pink staircase singing Sinatra so beautifully, managing to make Sinatra electric.

Old 05-04-2010, 11:04 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,527,721 times
ok I have different view of others but this site only opinions
This only base on last night performance

From Best to Worst

Lee, Aaron, Mike, Crystal, Casey

Casey going home

Old 05-05-2010, 05:08 AM

18,950 posts, read 11,596,004 times
Sandyrn - regarding your post to me on page 87 - I hear you and actually agree/share your opinions. It just seemed like a lot of folks - not just you - were coming down extra hard on that "closed-minded" guy for having an opinion that was opposite of theirs. And admittedly, I tend to be hyper-sensitive to anything bordering on American bashing or self-loathing American comments. <handshake with Sandy>

BTW, along those lines of appearances and tattoos...I would have liked a closer look at Crystal's back tat last night. From what I saw it looked awesome with that dress - wild juxtaposition.

Sunny, I'm almost there with you're assessment. Mine is: Lee, Mike, Aaron, Crystal, Casey. Hoping Casey goes home - I'm done with him LOL.

Aaron looked adorable last night - and also reminded me of a young Matthew Modine. Never found MM adorable, per se, but the look is working for Aaron. Sweet kid with loads of talent. I don't think he can win this but I sure hope this opens up a career for him if he wants it.

Old 05-05-2010, 07:06 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,554,748 times
I thought Lee and Mike were the only good ones, the rest were forgettable to me.

I predict Casey goes home.

Old 05-05-2010, 07:09 AM

18,950 posts, read 11,596,004 times
Oy, too late to edit my post. That should be "with your" not "with you're"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV