Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2010, 05:11 AM

235 posts, read 510,855 times

Advertisements

Casey should go next week, then Big Mike. Lee & Crystal deserve to be in the finale.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2010, 05:50 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,083,010 times
I'm glad Aaron's finally gone. I think Casey should go next week.

Old 05-06-2010, 11:54 AM

2,482 posts, read 6,534,593 times
I am thinking Casey and Mike will be in the bottom two. Mike should go home...final three should be Crystal, Casey and Lee.

Old 05-06-2010, 12:02 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,557,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LQQKOUT View Post
I am thinking Casey and Mike will be in the bottom two. Mike should go home...final three should be Crystal, Casey and Lee.
So it doesn't even matter how they preform? We haven't even seen that episode yet.

Obviously it doesn't matter tho, or else Casey woulda went home last night.

Old 05-06-2010, 01:09 PM

4,362 posts, read 6,534,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
So it doesn't even matter how they preform? We haven't even seen that episode yet.

Obviously it doesn't matter tho, or else Casey woulda went home last night.
Oh no, you couldn't be more wrong. Lambs around the entire nation were dialing fast and furious. Probably the same ones that voted a couple seasons ago for the dude that looked like his momma was a Goat (Elliot).

Old 05-06-2010, 04:27 PM

5,893 posts, read 12,815,911 times
I got way more enjoyment out of Harry Connick, Jr. Tuesday night (and last night too) than I did from any of the contestants' performances. He really did them and himself proud.

As for the performances, I liked Lee's and Aaron's the most. I knew he would be the one going home, but I was sad to see Aaron leaving. He should be extremely proud of himself, not only for how far he has come, but for the way he conducted himself throughout his say on the show. For one so young, he's a first-class act!

Last edited by PhotogGal; 05-06-2010 at 04:27 PM.. Reason: to add punctuation

Old 05-07-2010, 10:28 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,349,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotogGal View Post
I got way more enjoyment out of Harry Connick, Jr. Tuesday night (and last night too) than I did from any of the contestants' performances. He really did them and himself proud.

As for the performances, I liked Lee's and Aaron's the most. I knew he would be the one going home, but I was sad to see Aaron leaving. He should be extremely proud of himself, not only for how far he has come, but for the way he conducted himself throughout his say on the show. For one so young, he's a first-class act!

Here here Photogal!! Harry is my idol lol *see my status LOL*...I loved Harry. He is a classy, top notch singer and person! I love him and can't say enough about my Harry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He makes me melt.

Old 05-07-2010, 09:47 PM

378 posts, read 424,727 times
I thought Harry Connick was SO funny . . . what a cut-up! And wow, doing the arrangements for each contestant - the guy is truly musically gifted!

So out comes that awful Gaga . . . melodramatic smut.

Then . . .

out strolls Connick, classy, understated, and talented. KUDOS!

My two cents worth about the contestants:

Aaron is mature for his age and seems like a real sensible kid. I think his reaction was very gracious. He has a good, strong voice.

Mike is ok, I guess, but I'm not a fan because I've heard a thousand other guys who sound basically the same.

Casey's genre is blues and rock, and he's good. He can't sing Sinatra, but then who REALLY can besides Sinatra? I think he's getting a lot of female votes, and that's NOT what this should be about, given it's a singing competition.

Lee reminds me of a younger, less harsh Bruce Springsteen. He is a likeable personality and a talented singer.

Crystal has been the most consistent of them all, and is, imo, extremely talented and ultra-confident.

I believe it will come down to Crystal and Lee.

I said it before, they should change the rules at the last minute and have dual winners.

But at this point, I think it's a sure bet that both Crystal and Lee have professional musical careers in the bag - win or lose this competition. Actually, from what I understand, the Idol contract is very restrictive for the year and NOT winning can be an advantage. It's a done deal for them both.

Lastly, on the judges:

Randy , eh.

Simon, predictable.

I think Kara has done a pretty good job, she's got a good knowledge of music, being a songwriter. I knew nothing about her, but saw her the other night singing . . . wow, what a pretty, pure voice!

And Ellen is just funny.

Old 05-08-2010, 05:46 AM

5,893 posts, read 12,815,911 times
Re the laster poster's comments on the judges, I have to say that I personally feel Kara has come a long way since her initial year on Idol. I've always liked her for her honesty and for her detailed comments. "Good job" and "That's dope" don't really help the contestants in any way, but she gives them very specific things to work on or to try next time. I like that about her.

Old 05-09-2010, 05:36 AM

894 posts, read 1,127,633 times
@desli, I agree with your comments about Ellen. I just love her. She's so funny, and so down to Earth and I bet she's really that way in real life too (e.g., it's not an act just for TV). She seems quite genuine.

I don't like Kara at all though. She flip flops back and forth too much and it's giving too many mixed messages to the contestants. A good example of that would be in how she judged Katie.

I actually like Simon a lot. I have a lot of respect for people that speak the truth and don't try to sugarcoat things simply to make the delivery sweeter. If you want to improve or become better at your craft, sugarcoating the truth in an industry that's known for its brutal honesty isn't going to help those kids develop the stones they'll need to succeed.

Idol is a cake-walk compared to the real world of music. If they can't cut it on Idol with respect to the comments made by the judges, then they certainly won't be able to handle the rejection that surely is part of the real scene. The judges are there to help prepare them for the music world beyond Idol, as best as they're able to.

Randy is so-so. He's a likeable guy though. I just think he could offer some better guidance Vs his standard "Dawg you were hot!" ... "I didn't get it Dawg" ... etc.

I think Aaron will have a career in Country Music because that little boy can SING!
I also believe Lee will have a career in music, look at how impressed Usher was with him.

Casey will probably have a career in music as well. But he'll need to work on being able to sing without his guitar. He does have talent, and I hope he gets somewhere with it.

Crystal is one very special girl. She has so much talent, it'd be a crying shame if she didn't end up with a career in music. I think she has a lot to offer. I've read some interviews with celebrities in the music world that have been tuning in to watch Idol because they like Crystal. It seems Melissa Etheridge is a Crystal fan.

I think that's cool. Melissa Etheridge is one of my favorites. She has such a unique sound to her and her songs are just easy to get into.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV