Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2010, 12:34 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,537,449 times

Advertisements

Regardless of votes if the winner is like it has been in the past.
The second best seems to produce more albums.
Reason Idol never let the viewers see the votes is because they rig it most of the time.
Think about it analyze the past 2nd Acts they are more sucessful.mostly.
If Lee doesnt win he will struggle; Crystal can be voted out next week she will do more than ok.
If crystal is voted out next week it will be the talk around water coolers increasing odds of
people watching Idol finale .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2010, 01:56 PM

446 posts, read 831,523 times
All I can say is.........

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-13-2010, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottonwood2420 View Post
I can't believe Crystal was in the bottom two. She was great last night.

Ryan said that the whole thing was "in no particular order" when he started. Doesn't mean she was in the bottom 2, so we really don't know who was except Mike, for sure.

Old 05-13-2010, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Regardless of votes if the winner is like it has been in the past.
The second best seems to produce more albums.
Reason Idol never let the viewers see the votes is because they rig it most of the time.
Think about it analyze the past 2nd Acts they are more sucessful.mostly.
If Lee doesnt win he will struggle; Crystal can be voted out next week she will do more than ok.
If crystal is voted out next week it will be the talk around water coolers increasing odds of
people watching Idol finale .

I USED to believe in the theory that it was all rigged. There USED to be a disclaimer at the end of the show that said they had the right to change what they deemed fit, period. This isn't there anymore...all that's there is that they may have deleted portions of taped things that make no difference to the outcome of the show. That's it....no more "we can do what we want and pick the winner thing"... I just don't believe the conspiracy theory anymore. Idol has gotten too big for someone not to have really, REALLY found out by now.

I don't think Lee will struggle if he doesn't win because he's got Simon Cowell in his back pocket. Simon loves Lee---has since the very, very beginning and fully admits it. I don't think you're giving Lee enough credit. He's good, he's d*mn good...he needs some focus, some UMPH to his personality, but he's getting there. He's got the voice....love, love that voice. Lee will have a career, a good one, either way, IMO. I think Simon will see to it if someone doesn't beat him to it.

Carrrie Underwood---1st
Kelly Clarkson---1st

These two did great even though they won..

David Cook ---1st---doing pretty well for himself. Not like the other two, but he's not hurting....

I don't think you necessarily have to be 2nd to do better. It just depends on the singer and if they really let them sing what they are best at singing....which is sometimes a factor, like with Kris Allen. WTF is it that they have this poor kid singing? He's fantastic and they have him singing some nutty song that doesn't appeal to very many people.

All that aside, I LOVED Daughtry...it must have been a North Carolina night cuz Fantasia is from here as well...I saw her at the drug store a few months ago! LOL Not that I care, but it was just odd....she lives not too far from me. I never liked her though.... I'd love to live near Daughtry....that man is fine with a fantastic voice!

Old 05-15-2010, 06:01 PM

18,950 posts, read 11,598,917 times
Missed the shows this week since I was in Hawaii waving at R_Cowgirl from a wave

Interesting reading and relieved that Lee and Crystal are still in it. Might look for some clips online to see what I missed.

Old 05-18-2010, 01:30 AM

3,633 posts, read 5,791,409 times
I don't know why anyone thinks Casey is better than Mike...you'll see when Mike is sellin records and Casey is just trying to sell his cute a--ss on b rated magazine covers 10 years from now. Are you kidding that Casey is better than Mike and deserves to have gotten this far?..really?...how many weeks did Casey get by on looks alone? because he really only had 2 good performances out of all of his performances...Shiobhan should have been here in the top 3 with Crystal and Lee....does America not have a sense of hearing music anymore or what?

Old 05-18-2010, 07:32 AM

4,721 posts, read 15,619,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRob305 View Post
I don't know why anyone thinks Casey is better than Mike...you'll see when Mike is sellin records and Casey is just trying to sell his cute a--ss on b rated magazine covers 10 years from now. Are you kidding that Casey is better than Mike and deserves to have gotten this far?..really?...how many weeks did Casey get by on looks alone? because he really only had 2 good performances out of all of his performances...Shiobhan should have been here in the top 3 with Crystal and Lee....does America not have a sense of hearing music anymore or what?
Its the package RR. Do you reeeallly think the big hit wonders out there are fabulous singers? Most are run of the mill voices with star quality. I think Mike is another Rubin.Nothing wrong with that,he is a talented singer, but no big star.
Is the GaGa deserving of her 'fame' cuz of her unique and talanted singing? Nope, that girls got a gimmick and attention because of it.
Girls are gushing over Casey. I might not get it. Hey, someone needs to explain justin beiber to me, cuz I dont get that one either. Its the hearts/minds of adoring females that often point the way to stardom.

Last edited by nanannie; 05-18-2010 at 08:15 AM..

Old 05-18-2010, 08:07 AM

2,482 posts, read 6,534,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanannie View Post
Its the package RR. Do you reeeallly think the big hit wonders out there are fabulous singers? Most are run of the mill voices with star quality. I think Mike is another Rubin.Nothing wrong with that,he is a talented singer, but no big star.
Is the GaGa girl deserving of her 'fame' cuz of her unique and talanted singing? Nope, girls got a gimmick and attention because of it.
Girls are gushing over Casey. I might not get it. Hey, someone needs to explain justin beiber to me, cuz I dont get that one either. Its the hearts/minds of adoring females that often point the way to stardom.

Totally agree with the Justin Beiber thing, I still don't get it. The two that stand alone are Lee and Crystal.

Old 05-18-2010, 07:25 PM

968 posts, read 2,625,380 times
did anyone see Lee Dewyze bat his hand and shake his finger at someone at the end of his first performance today?

he had a big (well deserved) smile on his face as he turned around and kicked up his guitar for a big finish, and then he turned back to the judges very serious and solemn after the hand bat and shake of the finger towards the balcony above the stage.

what happened?

P.S. Lee's second performance had Simon Cowell written all over it, the choir, the bright white light, the theatrics, the big finish...don't get me wrong it was (as ellen said) stunning, but it wasn't Lee Dewyze the artist.

Last edited by Orincarnia; 05-18-2010 at 07:39 PM..

Old 05-18-2010, 08:04 PM

4,585 posts, read 12,368,508 times
Well I'm HOPING it will be a Lee Crystal final but Casey has skated on his looks and as they said tonight all the little girls love him.

I think Crystal won't win as it's obvious the judges especially simon and jumped ship.

As much as simon likes that 2nd song that he picked for Lee ...I can't stand it

Ellen did a good job picking Crystals Paul McCartney song...love love loved it. She deserves to be in the final and I hope she is. Over all she is the more gifted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV