Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2010, 09:26 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,071,598 times

Advertisements

Lee did fantastic! I think the second song would have been more powerful without the choir though.

Crystal was her usual self---nothing better than before---but I'm sure she'll make it into the finals because she's a solid performer.

Casey was okay, but not good enough compared to the other two.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2010, 10:02 PM

155 posts, read 454,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orincarnia View Post
did anyone see Lee Dewyze bat his hand and shake his finger at someone at the end of his first performance today?

he had a big (well deserved) smile on his face as he turned around and kicked up his guitar for a big finish, and then he turned back to the judges very serious and solemn after the hand bat and shake of the finger towards the balcony above the stage.

what happened?
That was weird because within a second he changed from smiling to serious. Is it really live? Because that looked like an edit/cut from something previously taped.

Not sure if anyone noticed, but I think the end note from Lee's second song was different than the end note when they played the numbers back.

Aside from all that, Lee owned the night. It will be him and Crystal, but Lee will win.

Old 05-18-2010, 10:25 PM

894 posts, read 1,127,540 times
I noticed that too, yeah, Lee's ending note was different when he sang it Vs what they played back for the voting numbers at the end.

I think Lee was GREAT tonight. I think Crystal's first song was OK, but certainly not her best. Her second song was much better.

Casey did "OK" tonight, but it wasn't anything that would really push him past Lee or Crystal.

I think Casey will be going home tomorrow night because there's no way Lee or Crystal will be going anywhere after the performances they gave tonight.

Lee was really, really good tonight. This is the best he's done all season. I think that trip home gave him some new perspective. I think that for the first time, he actually believes in himself enough -- that he's talented and deserves a shot at winning.

Either way, I don't care which one wins -- Lee, or Crystal. I love them both. They both will go on to have great careers in music because they're both so very talented. I wouldn't be surprised if the two of them teamed up on a CD together, either. I know I'd buy it!

I think Casey will probably end up with a career in music too. But, I think he's tired of the competition each week. I think he misses his life back home, and his church. His heart isn't in it, and you can tell it.

Old 05-19-2010, 01:43 AM

4,061 posts, read 9,886,698 times
When they "replay" a performance it is actually a clip from the dress rehearsal due to the amount of time it would take to produce a clip during a live show.

I loved Lee tonight! I also really think Casey is very talented but it seems that he just doesn't get what he needs to do, his first song was just phoned in...he has so much raw talent that he lets slip to mediocrity. Crystal was great too, on her second song.

Old 05-19-2010, 05:05 AM

4,721 posts, read 15,618,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orincarnia View Post
did anyone see Lee Dewyze bat his hand and shake his finger at someone at the end of his first performance today?

he had a big (well deserved) smile on his face as he turned around and kicked up his guitar for a big finish, and then he turned back to the judges very serious and solemn after the hand bat and shake of the finger towards the balcony above the stage.
I didnt see it, but heard Ryan comment about Lees special "wave" to his people in his hometown.

Old 05-19-2010, 06:14 AM

5,893 posts, read 12,814,818 times
I didn't see any of the home town visits, but I did see Lee's performances last night, and something obviously happened during his home town visit, because he pulled out all the stops and really went for it last night. He blew away both Crystal and Casey, and his final song was, as Ellen stated, just stunning.

Crystal was great too, and I thought Ellen made a great song choice for her. It will be a real crime if it's not a Crystal-Lee final.

Old 05-19-2010, 07:59 AM

2,482 posts, read 6,534,094 times
They show the home town visits tonight during the elimination round. It's bitter sweet. Lee & Crystal all the way. Casey should have been given a Skynyrd song from Cara. Cara is a joke, the song didn't fit Casey. Which will cost him, although I feel Lee and Crystal deserve to be the last standing. Whom ever wins, wins but it won't be the last you hear of the runner up.

Old 05-19-2010, 08:23 AM

18,950 posts, read 11,597,475 times
Another hoping Casey goes home and Lee and Crystal stay - with Lee winning.

I actually preferred Lee and Crystal on the songs they chose themselves - especially Lee - wow, loved his first performance last night.

I thought Ellen's choice for Crystal was wrong and didn't think Crystal did so well with it. Love Hallelujah and think Lee did well but could have done even better without all the glitz behind him.

That bleet and quaver in Casey's voice is too much. I thought he did much better with Kara's song, though.

Old 05-19-2010, 01:20 PM

Location: Monterey Bay, California -- watching the sea lions, whales and otters! :D
1,918 posts, read 6,786,110 times
Quote:
PhotogGal :
I didn't see any of the home town visits, but I did see Lee's performances last night, and something obviously happened during his home town visit, because he pulled out all the stops and really went for it last night.
What I think happened with Lee's extra enthusiasm and effort was: when he went back to his home town, he visited the paint store and went "WHOA, I don't want to be back here again -- I'd better make sure I do the best I can on stage!! No more paint jobs for me!!"

Old 05-19-2010, 02:01 PM

5,893 posts, read 12,814,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post
What I think happened with Lee's extra enthusiasm and effort was: when he went back to his home town, he visited the paint store and went "WHOA, I don't want to be back here again -- I'd better make sure I do the best I can on stage!! No more paint jobs for me!!"
LOL -- You're probably right!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV