Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2014, 10:40 AM

2,429 posts, read 3,567,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by adelphi_sky View Post
The Petersons. Business genius?

Think about it. People complained about the big Jumbotron blocking views of the Potomac. But consider this:

It brought huge crowds to National Harbor that otherwise may not have come. You may have a few first time visitors who now having been there, may come back. The timing of a big screen during one of the most watched sporting events is pretty awesome. The only view the people in the picture are concerned about are what's on the screen. Genius?

National Harbor catches FIFA fever for World Cup -- Gazette.Net

I was one of those that wasn't crazy about the jumbotron. Although it didn't give me major I thought it was odd. Fast forward to the screening of the world cup....I went down there (forgetting that they were televising it) and was amazed at how crowded it was(as well as diverse). I thought that this must be really good for business since most of the eateries (especially the cheaper ones) were packed. From a business standpoint very saavy. They need to continue to do these types of events while the whether is nice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2014, 10:57 AM

FYI

The planning board will be reviewing the architectural modifications for the hotel at Tanger Outlets today at 4pm. THe hotel will be near the existing office building across the street and will have 100 rooms. The architecture is suppose to mirror what they have at the Harbor on Waterfront. From the documentation on their website this will be the DSP for the hotel which infers that they will be moving forward with building that over the next year. After its built the last thing that remains for that project is to extend building 6 (the one next to the playground) by 12000 square feet.

Also, MGM (and I believe Walmart) are going to be reviewed/approved by the District Council on 7/14.

Old 07-14-2014, 08:17 AM

District Council meeting on MGM National Harbor is about to begin for those interested in watching. Also the archive will be posted within 24 hours on the council website.

Council Video Live and On Demand

Old 07-14-2014, 08:30 AM

7,083 posts, read 9,574,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanScholar View Post
District Council meeting on MGM National Harbor is about to begin for those interested in watching. Also the archive will be posted within 24 hours on the council website.

Council Video Live and On Demand

Thanks! Watching it now.

Old 07-14-2014, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Thanks! Watching it now.
Man the guy who delivered the traffic presentation was dry.....I was ready to take a nap by the end lol

Old 07-14-2014, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanScholar View Post
Man the guy who delivered the traffic presentation was dry.....I was ready to take a nap by the end lol
I was thinking the same thing! Reminded me of Ferris Bueller's Day Off. lol "Anyone? Anyone?"

Old 07-14-2014, 09:15 AM

Quote:
I was thinking the same thing! Reminded me of Ferris Bueller's Day Off. lol "Anyone? Anyone?"
True lol.

Old 07-14-2014, 09:41 AM

I think that some of the council members are mixing up their times when it comes to rush hour. Specifically the one who mentioned that the numbers/percentage of drivers coming from 295 is understated and he believes it would be more. Most rush hour traffic would be gone by 7pm on the average day (especially after the newness wears off). That said 18% from that direction is reasonable. Maybe a little more but I don't think by much.

Old 07-14-2014, 09:42 AM

This Obie guy is asking some weird questions. How late will the theater be open? It's a 24/7 operation dude. And I doubt if there are shows that will start at 3am. And regarding the question about the general/master plan. The DSP and Zoning for use was already approved prior to the adoption of the general plan. Duh!

Old 07-14-2014, 10:03 AM

Quote:
This Obie guy is asking some weird questions. How late will the theater be open? It's a 24/7 operation dude. And I doubt if there are shows that will start at 3am. And regarding the question about the general/master plan. The DSP and Zoning for use was already approved prior to the adoption of the general plan. Duh!
Agreed. Also they are asking questions about laws that as a zoning board they should know or be aware of. The beleaguered discussion on the light beam that is no longer on the table and its elimination is asinine. In sum, they are reaching to asks questions for something that is pretty much a done deal. I know that they were upset that they were not able to use their community engagement plan but don't nit pick without substance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland