Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 06:31 AM

2,438 posts, read 7,014,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
EXCUSE ME???!!!

My mom bounced when I was eleven...left me with dad and drove off, never to be seen again ( she was getting drunk with a bunch of different men for a number of years, and finally died in a hotel room ) My father did most of the laundry, cleaned the house and showed me how to clean the house, and cooked...heck, even when my parents were together, dad did most of the cooking, and did a damn good job of it too!

I can cook my own meals, clean my own house, and take care of my damn self. I have also baby sat nephews and nieces A HUNDRED THOUSAND TIMES and changed a million diapers and am good with babies and kids, so she could take a powder when it came to that too.

In other words, I DON'T NEED A WOMAN FOR JACK! Want a wife some day? Sure. Need one? Not in the least.

And watch, those same women who declare over and over again that they "don't need a man" are going to call me sexist for saying "I don't need a woman"

If I was married, I would know how to get a woman angry...how? By having dinner cooked and ready at the table, the house SPOTLESS, the laundry done, and the kitched cleaned....and I, the man, will be in the bedroom masturbating. THAT, MORE THAN ANYTHING ELSE, would get a woman enraged. Why? Because it lets her know that she is completely, UTTERLY, TOTALLY, EXPENDABLE AND THAT I CAN LIVE QUITE WELL WITHOUT HER.

When she sees that I can take care of myself, and even please myself without her, that will let her know that she is just and accessory...IN A MATTTER OF FACT, I WILL LET IT BE KNOWN THAT, AS A MATTER OF PRIDE, SHE WILL BE FORBIDDEN TO COOK, AS IT IS MY STOMACH AND MY CHILDREN'S STOMACHS! I WILL DO ALL THE COOKING WETHER SHE WANTS IT OR NOT! AND I AM A MUCH BETTER COOK THAN MOST PEOPLE! Trust me...my pasties could put the best Cornish chief to shame, and the colonel himself would be trying to steal my fried chicken recipe. Breakfast? better keep the cereal away, as I make the best egg souffle this side of France!

So what the heck would I need a "Stepford Wife", i.e, A PARASITE, for?

Also, I would expect her to have and keep her own money, as I would do the same.

Ahh... I can understand the attitude now... Because your mother did you wrong .. you are now going to hold all women kind accountable for what your mother did... Clearly you have some issues... due to these events in your past. And yes.. it is pretty low that your mother did that to you.. but dont hold everyone else accountable for those things your mother did.. not every one is like her. To call a woman a parasite... you really have issues.. I would suggest some counceling.. it appears you have not gotten over the fact that your mother did those things to you...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2008, 06:45 AM

5,160 posts, read 9,175,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man in SATX View Post
Ahh... I can understand the attitude now... Because your mother did you wrong .. you are now going to hold all women kind accountable for what your mother did... Clearly you have some issues... due to these events in your past. And yes.. it is pretty low that your mother did that to you.. but dont hold everyone else accountable for those things your mother did.. not every one is like her. To call a woman a parasite... you really have issues.. I would suggest some counceling.. it appears you have not gotten over the fact that your mother did those things to you...
Agreed.

I mean, come on. None of us had perfect childhoods. My father was an alcoholic and that alone made a gap between him and all of us. The relationship all of us could've had with him never developed. You don't see me blaming alcohol or people who do it for everything. It's the person with the addictive personality.

Old 06-01-2008, 11:24 AM

6,351 posts, read 9,981,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man in SATX View Post

Where did I say "women are parasites?" I just said "a Stepford Wife" would be a parasite, not a regular, run of the mill woman.

Old 06-01-2008, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobokenkitchen View Post
The problem is, that if you carry this anger towards your Mother into a relationship with a woman, you will be guaranteed to poison that relationship.

A lot of women go through this same thing with Fathers who leave the family, but it is unusual for a Mother to do it, so perhaps it feels even more hard.
Anger? Where do you see any anger? I have, believe it or not, never actually been angry in my life. I never scream (unless, of course, I'm on a roller coaster or something) and have never lost control of myself in any situation, ever. I suppose I am above most homosapiens in that respect: I never allow petty emotions to get the better of me.

Also, if you look at statistics, women are not the angels that the media tries to portray them as: 80% of all child physical abuse is the result committed by women, as as 33% of all child sexual abuse, also, women are twice as likely as men to default on child support payments when the man has custody...like my mother, for example. Whe my mother had custody, my father paid child support when ever he could...my mother never gave my father a single red cent, even when she landed a job paying 50,000 a year...50,000 in 1995 money, mind you.

But do I hate women? No. I am just pointing out that they are the same as men in the respect that they are just as likely to be horrably people.

Old 06-01-2008, 12:42 PM

5,412 posts, read 15,925,879 times
Just remember, if the guy buys an expensive engagement ring but the marriage falls through, he does not necessarily get it back.

I do believe in the concept of engagement and wedding rings for symbolic and traditional purposes. But if the bride-to-be demands the 2 months' salary price tag on her engagement ring, then she has revealed who she really is. IOW, the groom-to-be should not just walk but run out of that relationship as fast as he can.

Old 06-01-2008, 01:07 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,628,441 times
Quote:
Anger? Where do you see any anger? I have, believe it or not, never actually been angry in my life. I never scream (unless, of course, I'm on a roller coaster or something) and have never lost control of myself in any situation, ever. I suppose I am above most homosapiens in that respect: I never allow petty emotions to get the better of me.

May I study at your feet, Master?

Old 06-01-2008, 04:07 PM

3,488 posts, read 8,223,257 times
Quote:

If I was married, I would know how to get a woman angry...how? By having dinner cooked and ready at the table, the house SPOTLESS, the laundry done, and the kitched cleaned....and I, the man, will be in the bedroom masturbating. THAT, MORE THAN ANYTHING ELSE, would get a woman enraged. Why? Because it lets her know that she is completely, UTTERLY, TOTALLY, EXPENDABLE AND THAT I CAN LIVE QUITE WELL WITHOUT HER.

When she sees that I can take care of myself, and even please myself without her, that will let her know that she is just and accessory...IN A MATTTER OF FACT, I WILL LET IT BE KNOWN THAT, AS A MATTER OF PRIDE, SHE WILL BE FORBIDDEN TO COOK, AS IT IS MY STOMACH AND MY CHILDREN'S STOMACHS! .
Er, VP - you need to re-read the above. You have bolded and capatalized words - I am sure you realize that is screaming in writing?

Also actually READ what you wrote. You want to make a woman angry by showing her that she is absolutely worthless to you.
Honestly what you wrote is kind of scary - read it a few times and you'll see what I mean. It sure sounds like you plan to punish whatever poor woman agrees to be your wife.

Also internalizing anger does not make you superior. It's actually something that is quite concerning.
I reiterate that you may want to speak to a therapist. Nothing bad about doing that you know - lots of interesting, wonderful people go to a therapist to talk through their issues. Nothing to be ashamed of at all.

But as Dr Phil says (lol), you can't change what you don't acknowledge.

Old 06-01-2008, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobokenkitchen View Post
Er, VP - you need to re-read the above. You have bolded and capatalized words - I am sure you realize that is screaming in writing?

It is called highlighting for emphasis, not screaming in anger.

Quote:
Also actually READ what you wrote. You want to make a woman angry by showing her that she is absolutely worthless to you.

Actually, if YOU would read what I wrote, you would see that I never said that a woman is worthless, what I said was "In other words, I DON'T NEED A WOMAN FOR JACK! Want a wife some day? Sure. Need one? Not in the least."

In other words, I think it would be nice to have a wife, but I do not need one. A woman says "I don't need a man!" and she is praised...a man says "I don't need a woman" and he is labeled a sexist bastard

And I am not internalizing anger, it is just that I have no anger. Big difference. I look at machines and strive to be like them...no anger, no hatred, no fear, no love, just effectiveness.

The machine is perfect...I want to be the machine.

Old 06-01-2008, 05:47 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,628,441 times
Quote:
...I look at machines and strive to be like them...no anger, no hatred, no fear, no love, just effectiveness.

The machine is perfect...I want to be the machine.
You'd be the perfect IRS employee.

Old 06-01-2008, 05:58 PM

3,488 posts, read 8,223,257 times
Quote:
It is called highlighting for emphasis, not screaming in anger.

Actually, if YOU would read what I wrote, you would see that I never said that a woman is worthless, what I said was "In other words, I DON'T NEED A WOMAN FOR JACK! Want a wife some day? Sure. Need one? Not in the least."

In other words, I think it would be nice to have a wife, but I do not need one. A woman says "I don't need a man!" and she is praised...a man says "I don't need a woman" and he is labeled a sexist bastard

Not so much. I don't think either gender 'needing' the other is particularly healthy (except for babies).

I think it's great, that you don't NEED a woman, but do WANT one, and I do see the distinction.

Think you need to read the parts I quoted again though. You definitely sound angry. You're planning on jerking off when your wife comes home to show her how you don't need her. I think you mentioned how your wife would be "just an accessory". That she would would be totally and utterly expendable.

Being 'totally and utterly expendable' is NOT the same as not NEEDING a woman. It is implying that the woman has no worth and is derrogatory.

You need help mate - you really do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings