Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2008, 06:13 PM
miu

17,770 posts, read 40,184,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
Actually, if YOU would read what I wrote, you would see that I never said that a woman is worthless, what I said was "In other words, I DON'T NEED A WOMAN FOR JACK! Want a wife some day? Sure. Need one? Not in the least."

In other words, I think it would be nice to have a wife, but I do not need one. A woman says "I don't need a man!" and she is praised...a man says "I don't need a woman" and he is labeled a sexist bastard

And I am not internalizing anger, it is just that I have no anger. Big difference. I look at machines and strive to be like them...no anger, no hatred, no fear, no love, just effectiveness.

The machine is perfect...I want to be the machine.
If I were single and looking for a boyfriend, then read all of your posts on this board, I wouldn't date you if you were the only available man on this planet. It would be far better to be by myself then with a person with your issues and conflicts.

And you wanting to be an emotionless machine is one of the most disturbing posts you've made on this board. I also think that you should seek some professional therapy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2008, 07:03 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,065,829 times
Quote:

In other words, I DON'T NEED A WOMAN FOR JACK! Want a wife some day? Sure. Need one? Not in the least.

If I was married, I would know how to get a woman angry...how? By having dinner cooked and ready at the table, the house SPOTLESS, the laundry done, and the kitched cleaned....and I, the man, will be in the bedroom masturbating. THAT, MORE THAN ANYTHING ELSE, would get a woman enraged. Why? Because it lets her know that she is completely, UTTERLY, TOTALLY, EXPENDABLE AND THAT I CAN LIVE QUITE WELL WITHOUT HER.

When she sees that I can take care of myself, and even please myself without her, that will let her know that she is just and accessory...
I can't figure out why you are even worried about the unfairness of the engagement ring tradition when it seems so unlikely that you would ever be engaged.

Why would you want expendable people in your life? Why would you invest anything into a person you view as an accessory? Why do you think any other person on the planet would sign up for that, with or without a ring?

I think you should start saving for your own sword or knife or whatever that thing is you want, and hope you don't get bored of your own company in the bedroom.

Old 06-01-2008, 07:17 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,981,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
If I were single and looking for a boyfriend, then read all of your posts on this board, I wouldn't date you if you were the only available man on this planet. It would be far better to be by myself then with a person with your issues and conflicts.

And you wanting to be an emotionless machine is one of the most disturbing posts you've made on this board. I also think that you should seek some professional therapy.

I'm not a bad person: just saying that I can be independent and do not depend on a significant other to be happy...something women are celebrated for saying every day.

And while I would love to be a machine, I know that that will not happen and just have to deal with being a "fleshling". Lots of people have fantasys, and there is nothing "disturbing" about it.

Old 06-01-2008, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCyank View Post
I can't figure out why you are even worried about the unfairness of the engagement ring tradition when it seems so unlikely that you would ever be engaged.

Why would you want expendable people in your life? Why would you invest anything into a person you view as an accessory? Why do you think any other person on the planet would sign up for that, with or without a ring?

I think you should start saving for your own sword or knife or whatever that thing is you want, and hope you don't get bored of your own company in the bedroom.

Like I said, I want a wife someday, but I am only saying that I do not need a wife. All people are expendable to us, as when someone dies, we almost always go on with our lives.

Old 06-01-2008, 07:34 PM

3,488 posts, read 8,223,257 times
Quote:
Like I said, I want a wife someday, but I am only saying that I do not need a wife. All people are expendable to us, as when someone dies, we almost always go on with our lives.
VP, we should all work on our personal self awareness, and it sounds like you would benefit from it as much as anyone.

Do you not find it odd that so many posters think that you need to think twice before marrying anyone? You need to talk to a professional. In all truth I think that almost everyone would benefit from occasional therapy to talk things through. It's nothing to be ashamed of and who knows, maybe it could help!

Old 06-01-2008, 07:53 PM

743 posts, read 2,068,806 times
So the truth finally comes out. Eh, victorianPUNK? You have unresolved issues and are in denial. That does explain a lot of things about your behavior here. Your fixation on relationships, your envisioning of women as objects of antagonism (signified by your efforts to conceptualize their psychology), your need to have your views validated by others (signified by being quick to defend perceived disagreement and refusing to be open to differing points of view), your wanton dismissal of others' life experiences because you don't have any. Because of how you felt towards your mother abandoning you for a life of wild carnality. You act as if you're over it, that you're tough. But your postings show you're affected by it negatively. Many a times, people are too blind to see that.

Now you're saying you want a wife so that you can channel unresolved issues stemming from your mom's abandonment on her. Wow, and you say you're "not a bad person". Why don't you go offline, find a girl and tell that to her face? Or better yet, tell that to anyone you meet. Then you find out to your face if you're a bad person or not.

Since you love to post links to articles to support your "facts", can you provide any to show that women do look for the kind of guy you've described about yourself? The whole "get a woman angry...she is just an accessory" thing.

Last edited by phoenix_talons; 06-01-2008 at 08:21 PM..

Old 06-01-2008, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix_talons View Post
So the truth finally comes out. Eh, victorianPUNK? You have unresolved issues and are in denial. That does explain a lot of things about your behavior here. Your fixation on relationships, your envisioning of women as objects of antagonism (signified by your efforts to conceptualize their psychology), your need to have your views validated by others (signified by being quick to defend perceived disagreement and refusing to be open to differing points of view), your wanton dismissal of others' life experiences because you don't have any. Because of how you felt towards your mother abandoning you for a life of wild carnality. You act as if you're over it, that you're tough. But your postings show you're affected by it negatively. Many a times, people are too blind to see that.

Now you're saying you want a wife so that you can channel unresolved issues stemming from your mom's abandonment on her. Wow, and you say you're "not a bad person". Why don't you go offline, find a girl and tell that to her face? Or better yet, tell that to anyone you meet. Then you find out to your face if you're a bad person or not.

Better question would be: why the hell should I, a human, listen to what another human has to say? Just as flawed, just as useless! If that isn't the blind leading the blind, I don't know what is!

If an AI told me what to do, I would listen. Until that day, human beings will have nothing but my contempt. They can be amusing, like playing with a puppy with downsyndrome, but other than that, humans disgust me.

HOWEVER, I would be open to talking to a savant in the area of the human mind if it wasn't for the price being so prohibiting.

Quote:
Since you love to post links to articles to support your "facts", can you provide any to show that women do look for the kind of guy you've described about yourself? The whole "get a woman angry...she is just an accessory" thing
Okay, they don't I suppose. You got me there.

Last edited by victorianpunk; 06-01-2008 at 10:21 PM..

Old 06-01-2008, 09:39 PM

1,244 posts, read 3,226,618 times
Quote:
EXCUSE ME???!!!

My mom bounced when I was eleven...left me with dad and drove off, never to be seen again ( she was getting drunk with a bunch of different men for a number of years, and finally died in a hotel room ) My father did most of the laundry, cleaned the house and showed me how to clean the house, and cooked...heck, even when my parents were together, dad did most of the cooking, and did a damn good job of it too!

I can cook my own meals, clean my own house, and take care of my damn self. I have also baby sat nephews and nieces A HUNDRED THOUSAND TIMES and changed a million diapers and am good with babies and kids, so she could take a powder when it came to that too.

In other words, I DON'T NEED A WOMAN FOR JACK! Want a wife some day? Sure. Need one? Not in the least.

And watch, those same women who declare over and over again that they "don't need a man" are going to call me sexist for saying "I don't need a woman"

If I was married, I would know how to get a woman angry...how? By having dinner cooked and ready at the table, the house SPOTLESS, the laundry done, and the kitched cleaned....and I, the man, will be in the bedroom masturbating. THAT, MORE THAN ANYTHING ELSE, would get a woman enraged. Why? Because it lets her know that she is completely, UTTERLY, TOTALLY, EXPENDABLE AND THAT I CAN LIVE QUITE WELL WITHOUT HER.

When she sees that I can take care of myself, and even please myself without her, that will let her know that she is just and accessory...IN A MATTTER OF FACT, I WILL LET IT BE KNOWN THAT, AS A MATTER OF PRIDE, SHE WILL BE FORBIDDEN TO COOK, AS IT IS MY STOMACH AND MY CHILDREN'S STOMACHS! I WILL DO ALL THE COOKING WETHER SHE WANTS IT OR NOT! AND I AM A MUCH BETTER COOK THAN MOST PEOPLE! Trust me...my pasties could put the best Cornish chief to shame, and the colonel himself would be trying to steal my fried chicken recipe. Breakfast? better keep the cereal away, as I make the best egg souffle this side of France!

So what the heck would I need a "Stepford Wife", i.e, A PARASITE, for?

Also, I would expect her to have and keep her own money, as I would do the same.
As other's have said, so much of the anger and resentment towards women that comes through on your posts becomes clear and evident now.

First, I am sorry for what your mother did, for her leaving you that way and for the manner in which her life came to an end. However, whether you realize it or not, her actions have embedded in your mind and heart a lot of negativity towards women. Perhaps some was even fueled by your father's own anger towards her if he had any and displayed it.

All women, however, are not like that and while women who are do exist, they are generally in the minority. It is unfair, not only to women, but even to yourself to catergorize and generalize all women to be "parasites" because of your childhood and your mother. In fact, you are potentially hurting yourself by having so many issues and walls around you that you will never find happiness with a woman.

You know, my father abandoned my mother and I when I was only 1 year old. I am now 38 and to this day I have yet to ever meet my father, locate his wearabouts or hear anything about him. The one and ONLY child support check he gave my mother a bit after he left, and this was because she ended up in court, was a $20 check so she could buy me some milk and diapers. You know where that check is? I have it. The reason I have it is because it bounced. Insufficient funds. When I got older I ran across it one day and kept it because it was the only thing I had from my father.

I saw my mother struggle day in and day out. I could very well turn around and judge all men by the irresponsible and selfish actions of my father, but would that really be fair. No, it would not.

I have to agree with other's and what they have suggested. You should try to get into some sort of counseling to try to deal with the unresolved issues that you have. Well.... if you want to be able to be happy with a wife someday. Because if you don't, I don't know if you would be able to get that far in a relationship because the issues will always come in between the two of you.

Old 06-01-2008, 09:56 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,628,441 times
Quote:
Better question would be: why the hell should I, a human, listen to what another human has to say? Just as flawed, just as useless! If that isn't the blind leading the blind, I don't know what is!

If an AI told me what to do, I would listen. Until that day, human beings will have nothing but my contempt. They can be amusing, like playing with a puppy with downsyndrome, but other than that, humans disgust me.
Wow.

Well, you've just gotten the last reply of mine. Enjoy your life, for whatever that's worth.

Old 06-01-2008, 10:12 PM

5,092 posts, read 14,836,944 times
Quote:

If an AI told me what to do, I would listen. Until that day, human beings will have nothing but my contempt.
I - am - a - machine.

My - name - is - DidoIronFist.

Shut up - and - bend over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings