Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2016, 06:45 PM

3,268 posts, read 3,325,212 times

Advertisements

Im glad to hear that. I dont think they all deserve $15 an hr...maybe someone who has been there a while does...but not all McDonald's employees deserve 15 an hour. If they want to make more than that get another job. Id like my job to pay me 100k but they wont.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2016, 07:38 PM

1,430 posts, read 1,087,936 times
Quote:
That's hilarious...everything is Obama's fault.
$15 hr was somewhat supported by Bernie, Obama which is why Trump in now president.
Most people realized these $15/hr policies are foolish and don't work. Without Obama fail, you don't have Trump! It only takes a phone call to save over 1000 good paying jobs in the US, a phone call Obama refused to make!

Old 11-30-2016, 07:50 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,301,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappjohn View Post
$15 hr was somewhat supported by Bernie, Obama which is why Trump in now president. Most people realized these $15/hr policies are foolish and don't work. Without Obama fail, you don't have Trump! It only takes a phone call to save over 1000 good paying jobs in the US, a phone call Obama refused to make!
Not sure what this means "supported by Bernie,Obama" but whatever...

In a 2015 poll 71% of people support a wage increase to $12.50, 63% support an increase to $15

Clear majorities of likely Republican caucus attendees in Iowa (61%), Republican primary voters
in New Hampshire (72%) and general election voters in swing states (73%) believe the current
federal minimum wage isn’t enough money to get by on.

So basically, no people did not vote for Trump because they did not want to increase the minimum wage. And I hate to keep telling you this, but there was more than a phone call involved in the 'saving' of 1,000 jobs...Trump gave Carrier "state incentives" ...something that is done every day, all over the country and in this case he was able to pull it off quickly because his VP is Governor of Indiana and has access to the states check book

Old 11-30-2016, 08:22 PM

10,069 posts, read 7,243,961 times
Lol Trump saved jobs. It's a PR stunt. Mike Pence is the sitting governor of Indiana for another month and a half. They're basically going to give Carrier a free ride on taxes for however long Pence can deliver. Then they'll outsource those jobs when the tax breaks go away.

Old 11-30-2016, 08:31 PM

855 posts, read 624,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatsnext75 View Post
Im glad to hear that. I dont think they all deserve $15 an hr...maybe someone who has been there a while does...but not all McDonald's employees deserve 15 an hour. If they want to make more than that get another job. Id like my job to pay me 100k but they wont.
It's adorable how people seem to think getting a job is as simple as plucking one off a shelf.

-

Old 11-30-2016, 08:55 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,802,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Not sure what this means "supported by Bernie,Obama" but whatever...

In a 2015 poll 71% of people support a wage increase to $12.50, 63% support an increase to $15

Clear majorities of likely Republican caucus attendees in Iowa (61%), Republican primary voters
in New Hampshire (72%) and general election voters in swing states (73%) believe the current
federal minimum wage isn’t enough money to get by on.

So basically, no people did not vote for Trump because they did not want to increase the minimum wage. And I hate to keep telling you this, but there was more than a phone call involved in the 'saving' of 1,000 jobs...Trump gave Carrier "state incentives" ...something that is done every day, all over the country and in this case he was able to pull it off quickly because his VP is Governor of Indiana and has access to the states check book
$12.50 is about what it should be adjusting for inflation and the average cost of living so that's why so many people agree with it. $7.25 in 2016 is an outrage even though many states have it set to higher than that, although many not by very much.

Old 11-30-2016, 08:59 PM

People want a reasonable increase in minimum wage, not a foolish $15/hr.
$15/hr reduces total number of low-paying jobs and everyone knows it.

McDonalds is just more proof!

Old 11-30-2016, 09:06 PM

269 posts, read 247,226 times
I make a point to never use self-checkouts. Believe it or not... using self-checkout is costing several someones their jobs. One checker can run 4-6 self-checkout lines, how is that not costing a person their job?

Old 11-30-2016, 09:10 PM

34,066 posts, read 17,088,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyMaeB View Post
I make a point to never use self-checkouts. Believe it or not... using self-checkout is costing several someones their jobs. One checker can run 4-6 self-checkout lines, how is that not costing a person their job?

I use self checkouts, as consistently it reduces the time I spend shopping, plus all is bagged as I want it done.

In a few cases, where I see a cashier I know who does a great job at work, I will use his/her checkout lane.

Old 11-30-2016, 09:17 PM

Cashiers usually make little money and the job can be tough.
So many customers are on Wix or Foodstamps nowadays(Thanks Obama!).
Many use coupons and don't like it when you tell them the coupons don't apply or the items they purchased are not permitted per regulations. They also don't like it if they have to wait in line and
they take it out on the poor cashier. Don't ask me how I know, but it happens!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment