Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2017, 07:10 AM

102 posts, read 79,225 times

Advertisements

Well another day another time to criticize. I was told by HR wearing jeans was fine as long as they were clean and didn't have tears.

Now today I was told not to as it was not "professional"

Time to look for a new job

Old 05-04-2017, 08:50 AM

1,190 posts, read 1,027,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberEllie View Post
Well another day another time to criticize. I was told by HR wearing jeans was fine as long as they were clean and didn't have tears.

You've only been there a few days.
Allow them to train you without resentment, follow that training as you are paid to do, then you may find you enjoy the job. JMHO

Old 05-04-2017, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyDrew1 View Post
You've only been there a few days.
Allow them to train you without resentment, follow that training as you are paid to do, then you may find you enjoy the job. JMHO
I have been picked to pieces over the last week and a half. I'm at my breaking point.

Old 05-04-2017, 10:22 AM

5,198 posts, read 5,279,960 times
Quote:

This happens a lot.

HR can make blanket policies, but it is ALWAYS up to the department head. If the department head says no jeans, then it's no jeans.

I just don't want you to leave and think the grass is greener. It may not be.

Old 05-04-2017, 11:36 AM

2,793 posts, read 4,071,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
Just stop..sounding sillier by the minute. This thread is officially a TRAIN WRECK.
But it's such a fun train wreck.

Old 05-04-2017, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
This happens a lot.

HR can make blanket policies, but it is ALWAYS up to the department head. If the department head says no jeans, then it's no jeans.

I have never been picked apart so much in such a short amount of time by anyone. I'm fine with not wearing jeans.

Old 05-04-2017, 12:07 PM

11,025 posts, read 7,845,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
This happens a lot.

Actually that's not true. A company needs to be consistent. If this boss has a problem with the dress code she needs to take it up on a corporate level, not make it an issue for one employee on a whim. I have no problem with a ruling either way but a lack of consistency is "unprofessional."

Old 05-04-2017, 05:02 PM

1,413 posts, read 1,518,607 times
I think the word sure used that way is an Americanism--or maybe a North Americanism depending on whether Canadians use it similarly. Is the OP's boss not from North America? Or not a native English speaker? Otherwise I'm baffled by her reaction.

But then I also refuse to be offended by people saying "No problem" to me instead of "You're welcome".

Old 05-04-2017, 05:20 PM

5,198 posts, read 5,279,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
Actually that's not true. A company needs to be consistent. If this boss has a problem with the dress code she needs to take it up on a corporate level, not make it an issue for one employee on a whim. I have no problem with a ruling either way but a lack of consistency is "unprofessional."
Actually it is.

Where I work HR says jeans are fine but they are outlawed in certain departments per department head decision.

Old 05-04-2017, 09:27 PM

3,657 posts, read 3,289,916 times
Quote:
I responded to her letting me know she would be out of the office next week and she asked if I would work later on some days. I responded back "sure " and she said she doesn't like the word because its a word that says "I don't give a crap" ..

Uh what?
When at work, you use a professional manner of speaking. If you can't handle that, then look for a job bagging groceries or collecting the shopping carts. Employers expect people to be professional. You aren't a teenage at home speaking rudely to your mother.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment