Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2018, 06:57 PM

5,317 posts, read 3,230,714 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
I never said I never had to deal with a Catch 22 as I never said I got a job because of luck.
You found a job without experience. And it was a career. I asked you your secret. No answer.

I never claimed to have all the answers, but apparently you did, and that was not even true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2018, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Actually we've had 3 people internally change careers, with no experience in the new endeavor.
That's great for them. Congrats to them.

But how can someone get into your company who's trying to do a career change and has no experience?

Old 06-18-2018, 07:06 PM

34,065 posts, read 17,096,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsell View Post
That's great for them. Congrats to them.

But how can someone get into your company who's trying to do a career change and has no experience?

Our interns come w/o experience, and one is 4 years older than typical college grad.

Old 06-18-2018, 07:49 PM

11,025 posts, read 7,847,323 times
Quote:
You found a job without experience. And it was a career. I asked you your secret. No answer.

I never claimed to have all the answers, but apparently you did, and that was not even true.
I said I was out of here but this is a little too easy to pass up. See that bolded sentence up there? You wrote it. The problem is you wrote it here for the first time; you never asked that question and you never asked it because you have all the answers.

Instead of asking for helpful input you chose to tell me it was simply a matter of luck, that I was the MegaMillions winner of job search history. Why would you ask for help if you know everything about getting a new job, anyway?

Bottom line: your way of changing jobs is not working; seek professional help.

Old 06-18-2018, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
I said I was out of here but this is a little too easy to pass up. See that bolded sentence up there? You wrote it. The problem is you wrote it here for the first time; you never asked that question and you never asked it because you have all the answers.
Actually, that's false. I asked you in post #210

http://www.city-data.com/forum/52234722-post210.html

Exact quote:

Now, bring a solution to the problem instead of snark. How do you expect people to get around the catch-22 of no job, no experience; no experience, no job?

So you're clearly not even bothering to read any questions people ask you.

I did ask the question, and you never answered it.

Bottom line: You're lying.

Old 06-18-2018, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Our interns come w/o experience, and one is 4 years older than typical college grad.
The overwhelming number of internships require someone to already be in school. College grads and career changers are locked out.

Does your company actually offer internships to people who already graduated?

Old 06-18-2018, 08:04 PM

34,065 posts, read 17,096,341 times
Quote:
The overwhelming number of internships require someone to already be in school. College grads and career changers are locked out.

Does your company actually offer internships to people who already graduated?
we have in some cases

Old 06-18-2018, 08:46 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,912,657 times
Quote:

The problem is it isn't a possibility for everyone even if one or two can do it. All it proves is in the right situation that it may happen.

Old 06-18-2018, 10:21 PM

78,436 posts, read 60,640,522 times
I wish no one ill-will but welcome to working in the world. They canned a bunch of my co-workers a while ago and they all had STEM degrees.

If you can't deal with this try to get on with less volatile employers like the US govt. (no snark, actual suggestion)

Best of luck to all.

Old 06-19-2018, 12:54 AM

11,025 posts, read 7,847,323 times
Quote:
Actually, that's false. I asked you in post #210

http://www.city-data.com/forum/52234722-post210.html

Exact quote:

Now, bring a solution to the problem instead of snark. How do you expect people to get around the catch-22 of no job, no experience; no experience, no job?

So you're clearly not even bothering to read any questions people ask you.

I did ask the question, and you never answered it.

Bottom line: You're lying.

Once again your communications skills are failing you and you're compounding the problem by calling me a liar, which is inexcusable and probably deserves censuring from the moderators. Post number 210, that you cite here, was directed at someone other than myself - I had not even entered the discussion when you posted it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment