Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2020, 08:52 AM

1,062 posts, read 2,251,500 times

Advertisements

Holistic Lifestyle Guide,

I’m curious, are you male or female. Also, I’ve noticed that on a previous post you wrote that you have not been to a doctor in at least 20 years. So Re: recommended guidelines as far as certain examinations and medical procedures for both males and females at certain ages, do you feel it is not necessary if one has been proactive with their overall health?

I’m actually curious on your approach with this because last summer at 50 (I am male) I had a colonoscopy done due to my doctor having recommended it at 50 since back when I was about 46 or 47. Every year or year and a half when I would visit I would always be reminded that in a few years etc. at age 50, don’t forget to have your procedure done. Well, I did do the procedure and everything went well, but I actually did some research and read articles and write ups of people refusing to have unnecessary “invasive procedures” which some felt could actually be more harmful than beneficial.

FYI, just recently I found out about Bruce Lipton. I have found his talks and write ups that I read fascinating. In fact, with the current Covid 19 pandemic I actually see information that he wrote Re: fear to be very accurate based on several people that I know in my personal life. It’s surprising, yet sad at the same time how in a 2 month period some people are so much worse off psychologically, while others are about the same, and some better off based on what they feed their minds, their daily habits and their social environment. It has been eye opening to say the least.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2020, 10:04 AM

15 posts, read 6,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer View Post
Holistic Lifestyle Guide,

I’m curious, are you male or female. Also, I’ve noticed that on a previous post you wrote that you have not been to a doctor in at least 20 years. So Re: recommended guidelines as far as certain examinations and medical procedures for both males and females at certain ages, do you feel it is not necessary if one has been proactive with their overall health?

I’m actually curious on your approach with this because last summer at 50 (I am male) I had a colonoscopy done due to my doctor having recommended it at 50 since back when I was about 46 or 47. Every year or year and a half when I would visit I would always be reminded that in a few years etc. at age 50, don’t forget to have your procedure done. Well, I did do the procedure and everything went well, but I actually did some research and read articles and write ups of people refusing to have unnecessary “invasive procedures” which some felt could actually be more harmful than beneficial.
I'm female, and close to your age, I will be 48 in a few months. I haven't seen many alternative health professionals give their recommendations about examinations and procedures, probably because they don't want to be held accountable for suggesting to not get them done, and then have the person find out they have something terrible that could have been caught sooner. I am not against having them done once in a while, for peace of mind, but personally I do think they are unnecessary for someone who takes great care of their health to get them done regularly. The more I learn, the more I feel like it just isn't necessary for me personally. I am more in tune with my body and every year I am getting healthier. There are also signs you can look for that would tip you off to a problem. I am a huge proponent of Ayurveda where it's all about prevention and monitoring your body for signs of imbalance that lead to disease. They say that if your body is in balance, you will not get any diseases. It's a complicated system but very fascinating so I've been studying that for a few years and have total faith that living a life in accordance with Ayurvedic standards, that I will be fine.

Quote:
FYI, just recently I found out about Bruce Lipton. I have found his talks and write ups that I read fascinating. In fact, with the current Covid 19 pandemic I actually see information that he wrote Re: fear to be very accurate based on several people that I know in my personal life. It’s surprising, yet sad at the same time how in a 2 month period some people are so much worse off psychologically, while others are about the same, and some better off based on what they feed their minds, their daily habits and their social environment. It has been eye opening to say the least.
Yes, so true!! That is another thing I love about Ayurveda is there is a big emphasis on the mind, daily habits, and your environment. It works hand in hand with epigenetics. In fact, this was quite amazing what happened yesterday, right after I sent off my last message to you about epigenetics, I started playing a video I had lined up and one of the first words spoken in the video was the word "epigenetics"! Pretty crazy! I also believe the universe will send you little signs like that when you are aligned on the right path and operating in a high vibration!

Old 05-24-2020, 11:03 AM

1,062 posts, read 2,251,500 times
Thanks for responding. I will look into Ayurveda. It does sound very interesting.
I definitely do believe that if one is in the right path and vibrating at a high vibration the universe does send you signs and/or your intuition does. I would not have thought or believed that 20 years ago. However, just small, consistent incremental changes in ones life can payoff positively over the long run.

Just like the slogan in my business
“SUCCESS IS ACHIEVED ONE STEP AT A TIME” (It’s a small youth sports business)

That can be applied towards just about anything in life.

What is your website? If you could please send it to me on a direct message I would really appreciate it.

Old 05-24-2020, 11:17 AM

6,844 posts, read 3,958,062 times
You go to a doctor for advice, you don't always have to follow it. I look at a doctor as a consultant working for me. Most of the time I agree with what they have to say. It's easy to think you can care for yourself when you have never been sick. There's certain things that need medication and/or surgery. You can't do that on your own.

I tried to manage my own high blood pressure for 20 years. Didn't work. Eventually I had to go on medications. I tried to manage my own enlarged prostate for 20 years, didn't work. Eventually I had to have 4 surgeries.

At 69 I got afib and plural effusions. Spent 23 days in hospital, got the last writes, needed chest tubes to drain 6 liters of fluid from around my lungs, came home in a wheel chair and with oxygen for 4 months. Eventually did my own rehab and got off oxygen and walked on my own after 6 months.

4 years ago got diagnosed with lymphoma and chemo put it in remission. 3-1/2 years ago got diagnosed with leukemia and have been on watch and wait. When you go on the leukemia facebook group I belong to you see over and over that the patient ate right, used supplements, walked several miles a day, was in perfect health, then wasn't. When you win the lotto in reverse, you are stuck with it, It can happen to anyone with any lifestyle. It's all in the genes.

Old 05-24-2020, 11:19 AM

7,235 posts, read 4,546,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDolphin View Post
Do you think/feel you have a better understanding of your body and its heath than a doctor? Do you turn to alternative, herbs, diet, nutrition or supplements before seeking out a doctor's visit? If you doctor yourself, how has that worked out?
Yes, I am done with doctors. They are completely incompetent.

I only go to the doctor now when I want a procedure and I need them to order it. Most of the time they refuse to order the procedure or test that would be the most beneficial. So I pay for it myself and use my Flex Spending account.

Last week I hurt my back. After I got an x-ray (that was tough to get) to make sure there were no fractures -- I put my mind to curing the back ON MY OWN. I experimented for a few days to see what worked and what didn't. I purchased a back stabilizer for support. I laid differently on my back and I made sure to get enough hydration and heat to help my back. I am 99% cured and I have no doubt it was my gut instincts and listening to my body.

What I didn't do.

1. Accept my doctors tordol shot (a dangerous proposition because once you say no to treatment they know you aren't going to just do what they say).

2. Accept my doctors "muscle relaxant" which has never done jack for me anyway.

3. suck down the 400 mg of motrin she suggested, which is useless anyway.

I truly believe that we do have the power to heal our bodies with our mind and supplements to differing degrees. There is more than one way to skin a cat. As I get older it is like my body speaks to me and I know when it isn't right. Most of the problem IMHO is when doctors won't listen.

I pay for my own tests these days because I am not letting the doctors make mistakes with my body.

Old 05-24-2020, 05:05 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,741,456 times
Holistic Lifestyle, welcome here...and I posted a Dr. Lipton post at the end of this page.

I changed my healing routine back in 80's when a pharma drug put me in the ER with it's big side effect. See only Integrative MD's if I have control of it all.

Old 05-24-2020, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by observer View Post
Thanks for responding. I will look into Ayurveda. It does sound very interesting.
I definitely do believe that if one is in the right path and vibrating at a high vibration the universe does send you signs and/or your intuition does. I would not have thought or believed that 20 years ago. However, just small, consistent incremental changes in ones life can payoff positively over the long run.

Just like the slogan in my business
“SUCCESS IS ACHIEVED ONE STEP AT A TIME” (It’s a small youth sports business)

That can be applied towards just about anything in life.

What is your website? If you could please send it to me on a direct message I would really appreciate it.
One step at a time is so true, in everything in life, for sure!

Alright I will PM you with my link, thanks for showing interest!

Old 05-24-2020, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Holistic Lifestyle, welcome here...and I posted a Dr. Lipton post at the end of this page.

I changed my healing routine back in 80's when a pharma drug put me in the ER with it's big side effect. See only Integrative MD's if I have control of it all.
Thank you for the welcome! I will check out the Dr. Lipton post!

Good to hear you are taking better care of yourself with integrative doctors to get off those big pharma drugs!

Old 05-24-2020, 05:43 PM

7,235 posts, read 4,546,649 times
I will give some doctors credit. I think ER doctors are the only true doctors. You come in there with just about anything and they have to find the answer -- and they do. I find most "lazy" doctors as I like to call them (office hours) are there to make money. Nothing else. I have mapped out routes to ERs that I trust and if there is something I am worried about I go there. When I was a kid I got walking pneumonia. I had no idea what was wrong. I just one day couldn't breathe went I went up stairs. I went to the ER of this major city hospital and within moments the doc goes... you have walking pneumonia. I didn't believe him. Not only that he diagnosed it so quickly but that I had no other symptoms. To my shock he was right. I always use that lesson as an example that sometimes doctors can really be heroes.

I recently was diagnosed with a precursor to cancer (a blood cancer) it is possible this condition will never go anyplace near cancer. And unfortunately I find the information on it to be so confusing I think Stephen Hawking probably couldn't figure it out. But I can't get over the ignorance and submission of the patients on the support boards. They do not want to find out how to avoid cancer, they do not care to get educated on the disease, they do not care to speculate on what could cause it, they just want to live their lives in fear for blood test and trust their doctors 100%. Not me.

I think western medicine could be fixed so easily if we just like had a class at a young age. Now that they are allowing people to order their own blood tests they could have kids get into the habits of measuring themselves.. taking their vitals.. having minor medical equipment in their homes. Knowing what blood tests mean etc. But western medicine likes to keep us in the dark. So we will be easier to control

I looked over the thread and I was glad to see a lot of people agreeing with me. I feel like I have a sixth sense about what is good for my body and what isn't. I never felt like Tampons were good for my body and so I never used them. I never used the birth control pill because I felt like it could not be as benign as they made it out to be. I never liked alcohol and so I have refused to drink it even socially (this makes a lot of people angry). I just naturally never really liked foods that have been shown to be carcinogenic like nitrite foods. My doctors constantly prescribe me pills that I do not need and don't take and then 10 years down the line, turn out to be cancerous. It is almost like my body knows and tells me on some level when there is danger.

I suspect strongly at least 50% of our ill health today is directly brought about by the lies we are told to advance an agenda. Whatever the mainstream is pushing at you... do the opposite.

Old 05-26-2020, 08:24 PM

3,433 posts, read 2,403,870 times
You can't "avoid" cancer. You can only reduce your risks. If you're meant to get cancer, you're going to get it, and no amount of supplements, good genes, good hygiene, meditation, faith in a deity, prescription meds, doctors' visits, homeopathy, or accupuncture will prevent it.

By virtue of being female, you are already at risk for developing uterine or cervical cancer and by virtue of being male, you're already at risk of developing prostate cancer. For cervical cancer, every time you have sex without a *barrier* (condom), you increase your risk - the risk you already have.

You can't remove a risk. You can only minimize it. Eating well, getting exercise, taking all the right supplements, being healthy overall, having all your "levels" at the right numbers (which you need to actually get tested to determine), heart rate, blood pressure, good genetic makeup, low stress - all of these things can minimize risk.

But they cannot eliminate it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine