Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2017, 06:39 PM

64 posts, read 49,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
you feel *entitled*
GOOD GRIEF

ONCE AGAIN

I WOULD have moved over for the faster driver, so how am I entitled? <- (I can't underline this statement enough times...)

Really, logically, I DON'T understand what am I entitled about?!? I think as long as I move over to faster drivers, then I am NOT entitled. Cuz, I obviously DON'T feel I have any right to be on the left lane, if I see faster drivers than me.

LOGIC 101 man, seriously some people in this world have NO logic whatsoever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
why should I care even a little bit
It's called 'CONSIDERATION/Co-operation' with other humanity? It's COMMON etiquette!

Last edited by Sub-Dinyu; 03-20-2017 at 07:09 PM..

Old 03-20-2017, 06:54 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,410,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub-Dinyu View Post
GOOD GRIEF

ONCE AGAIN

I WOULD have moved over for the faster driver, so how am I entitled? <- (I can't underline this statement enough times...)

Really, logically, I DON'T understand what am I entitled about?!? I think as long as I move over to faster drivers, then I am NOT entitled. Cuz, I obviously DON'T feel I have any right to be on the left lane, if I see faster drivers than me.

It's called 'CONSIDERATION/Co-operation' with other humanity?
Considerate and cooperative people understand that the traffic laws are there for a reason and they cooperate with them and other drivers accordingly. This includes not only the left lane for passing only law but the speed limit law. By insisting on driving dramatically faster than the speed limit law, you are being inconsiderate to people who obey the law and don't want to speed up just so they can pass faster and move right faster so that you can speed.

I don't expect you to understand that, but it is, indeed, the case.

Old 03-20-2017, 06:55 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,769,559 times
Quote:
GOOD GRIEF

ONCE AGAIN

It's called 'CONSIDERATION/Co-operation'?
Why should I care what you "would've" done? That means nothing to me.

You're demanding that other people obey the law because you feel entitled to speed.

Now it's none of my concern if you want to speed (moreso than my typical 5mph). Feel free

But I'm not gonna give you special accommodations just because you reckon you're entitled to break the law. You'll wait your turn

Old 03-20-2017, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
Considerate and cooperative people understand that the traffic laws are there for a reason and they cooperate with them and other drivers accordingly. This includes not only the left lane for passing only law but the speed limit law. By insisting on driving dramatically faster than the speed limit law, you are being inconsiderate to people who obey the law and don't want to speed up just so they can pass faster and move right faster so that you can speed.

I don't expect you to understand that, but it is, indeed, the case.

Dear God,

Sadly I realize I can not convince any these people's minds. Their logic is just complete DIFFERENT. And, they are so stubborn in their misguided mindset.

And, I also DON'T expect these people to get us at ALL either.

It's like Democrats vs Republican thing all over. Just impossible to *SIGH*.

Sadly, our future is NOT going to get much better, since I realize humanity don't seem to want to co-operate and be considerate to each other at all. WHY you do this God?

Last edited by Sub-Dinyu; 03-20-2017 at 07:12 PM..

Old 03-20-2017, 07:02 PM

Quote:

Dear God,

Sadly I realize I can not convince any these people's minds. Their logic is just complete DIFFERENT.

And, I also DON'T expect these people to get us at ALL.

It's like Democrats vs Republican thing all over. Just impossible to *SIGH*.
Open your mind a little bud... "logic" ain't as simple or self-serving as you seem to think.

You're free to break the law by speeding. I don't care if you do that... let the cops enforce that law.

I'm free to break the law by driving in the left lane. Why do you care if I do that?* Let the cops enforce that law.

*Oh I see... you care because you feel *entitled* to speed. Well bless your heart

Old 03-20-2017, 07:16 PM

Makes NO sense *SIGH*

Man, just read this well -

https://talinorfali.wordpress.com/20...-this-traffic/

I think I am DONE talking to YOU TWO (Who won't get what me, and someone like this article is saying).

Other posters?

Last edited by Sub-Dinyu; 03-20-2017 at 07:25 PM..

Old 03-20-2017, 07:32 PM

Old 03-20-2017, 07:43 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,017,691 times
Quote:

WOW!

WHO is REALLY entitled? Isn't it complete HYPOCRISY, for you to say this, when you ARE the one slow, and insist to stay in the left lane, no matter there are FASTER drivers behind you?

As I said, maybe people like you misunderstand me. OR maybe you intentionally act like you don't understand (to play a stupid game here) or utterly just DON'T get it. I really don't know which is which at this point, seems like we might just see things completely different. It's just like Democrats and Republicans (Fast drivers and Slow drivers) can NEVER agree with each other, at all. And that's sad.

You feel you have a RIGHT to be on the left lane (DESPITE there are much faster drivers ALL lined up behind you honking horns at you or tailgating very closely to you *hinting* at you to move over), but you refuse to move.

So ISN'T it actually YOU who are entitled?

Logic 101!??
I'll bet your one of those guys who squeezes in front of me while i'm waiting for the car ahead of me to pass a truck so I can pass them after they move over to the right lane to get out of MY way.

Old 03-20-2017, 07:47 PM

OK I read some of the comments on that page

One of them said -
Quote:
This probably stems not necessarily from the fact that people are just generally discourteous on the road (not that it doesn’t exist!), but because their ideas of what is good road etiquette differ.
I think this is one of these things in life that's VERY HARD to change for people. People are very different. Some people's idea of good driving is they don't think drive FAST is right, and faster drivers are in the wrong. Regardless they are considerate or not, they somehow feel that way. They just have a mindset against fast driving.

The fact of matter is, unless you start to drive fast yourself, you just DON'T realize, it's actually really NO big deal to go fast. It's such a misguided concept to think it's not safe or bad etiquette to drive fast.

Old 03-20-2017, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
I'll bet your one of those guys who squeezes in front of me while i'm waiting for the car ahead of me to pass a truck so I can pass them after they move over to the right lane to get out of MY way.
UGH and you'd BET WRONG! Have you even read my prior posts?

I CLEARLY stated MANY TIMES already I am NOT a dangerous driver at all. Just fast.

Fast != Unsafe!

Maybe STOP assuming, and pay attention to what people are ACTUALLY saying?!

Last edited by Sub-Dinyu; 03-20-2017 at 07:57 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive