Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Buddhism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 01:09 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,712,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I've been wondering who to ask about this. As a christian, is it offensive to God to have a buddha statue out in my garden? Is it offensive to buddhists?
I'm asking because I saw a big happy buddha statue which looks very joyful, and I'd buy it except for my questions about it being appropriate.
I know this is an old post, but first, it's offensive to Buddha himself. He was a handsome desi prince with a chiselled chest, amazing deltoids and was bellyless, like me.

I am not sure about the Buddhists, they are generally harmless people. Even if they go insane, the best things they can get to hit you are umbrellas, sticks and tiny pebbles. You can youtube buddhists squaring off against Chinese soldiers, it's a good watch

Last but not least, it's hyper-offensive to Christianity. You gotta un-pagan yourself ASAP. You can again youtube the taliban destruction of the Bamiyan Buddha statues, like back in 2000 something. Those fellas sure know how to destroy. Some of them were even born with a silver grenade in their mouths.

I recommend you speed up your destruction, you don't have to bomb your garden though, literally inspired by the Taliban

But..... get rid of it, before the Almighty sends a 10,000 megavolt thunderbolt into your garden

Old 08-06-2009, 01:10 PM

4,348 posts, read 7,353,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
I actually have a piece of the origional cross. So now you're gonna tell me it a fake too?
I hope you did not pay for it. They can’t even prove your jesus existed much less prove he was killed on a cross.

Old 08-06-2009, 01:14 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,680,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cncracer View Post
I hope you did not pay for it. They can’t even prove your jesus existed much less prove he was killed on a cross.
Psst...I think he was actually making a joke

Old 08-06-2009, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I've been wondering who to ask about this. As a christian, is it offensive to God to have a buddha statue out in my garden? Is it offensive to buddhists?
I'm asking because I saw a big happy buddha statue which looks very joyful, and I'd buy it except for my questions about it being appropriate.

Buddha was a man not a god, and Buddhism for most is not a religion, just a life philosophy. Buddha would not be offended, but if like the rest of us he would rather you use one of the thinner Indonesian statues. None of us want to be seen with our pot bellies hanging out. I think only Right wing Christians and Muslims would who want to fight any other life view would object to the statue.

Old 08-06-2009, 01:25 PM

3,412 posts, read 10,169,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
This item is no longer available

Old 08-06-2009, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShepsMom View Post
Oh my, another treasure I have missed. LOL

Old 08-06-2009, 01:29 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,680,491 times
Quote:
Well, crap.

Old 08-06-2009, 01:46 PM

3,412 posts, read 10,169,008 times
I think OP shall buy Buddha and send it to me as a present! Wouldn't it be a nice Christian gesture??

Old 08-06-2009, 01:57 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,807,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cncracer View Post
Hey buddy, don't mess with Jesus. He can kick your ass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
Psst...I think he was actually making a joke
No I'm serious... It's right here, next to my piece of Noah's Ark...Oh dammit, Now I can't remember which is which!

Old 08-06-2009, 01:58 PM

Quote:
I think OP shall buy Buddha and send it to me as a present! Wouldn't it be a nice Christian gesture??
A little off the thread here, but I would like to have one of those Indian goddesses with all the arms, and full breast. Sure would look good in my back yard, but I suspect Mrs. cncracer might not like the distraction in the area of the yard where she has sooooo much work for me to do. Now if I could evolve into something with all those arms I could really get those jobs finished in a heart beat. Better yet I could work with all but two and let them be idle in the workshop. LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Buddhism