Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2011, 05:17 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,680,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattClyde View Post
Troll thread but if you are serious go move to Bishop
Bishop is full of liberal skier, mtn bikers, mountain climbers etc, not sure how comfortable a racist liberal hater would feel there, Oh ,yeah, there be indians too.

Old 09-25-2011, 07:18 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,792,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
Bishop is full of liberal skier, mtn bikers, mountain climbers etc, not sure how comfortable a racist liberal hater would feel there, Oh ,yeah, there be indians too.
really, been driving through Bishop for 30 years and I have still not found another place in CA with as many churches per capita than Bishop. There was even a sign entering Bishop that lists all of the churches in Bishop, there are a lot on the list, not sure if it is still there. Go off the main street in Bishop and take a left, after a block or two there was one intersection with 3 churches on it. All the liberals live in the overpriced apartments in Mammoth or June Lake.

Old 09-25-2011, 08:36 PM

You are welcome to your opinion, but, I have had over the last 40 years, many friends who call Bishop home, and have spent much time in Bishop and environs.

Old 09-25-2011, 10:24 PM

8,213 posts, read 16,691,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by esmith143 View Post
some is an important point. Catholics aren't nearly so focused on racial purity and white pride. Neither are Mormons. Mormons are extremely conservative, but, in Utah, illegal immigrants can get driver's licenses and get in-state tuition in universities.

The original poster is an example of a very specific branch of conservative Christians. He is an ideological descendant of Southern evangelical protestants, for whom race has traditionally been more important than religion. Southern evangelicals have managed to form a massive movement in the recent years, to take over the Republican party, and even to associate the term "conservative Christian" with that movement. But, if you look closer at what they preach, it's anything but christian.
It's a perversion of religion or better yet racism under the disguise of religion which it really isn't at all. The biggest contradiction are these supossed white pride christian groups who hate everyone but themselves, similar to nazis. Yet they forget that Jesus himself was a Jew, a group whom they also hate, not to mention the rest of Christians around the world from every nation, tribe and color of skin.

Unfortunately ppl who are conservative in their beliefs get lumped in with these guys and are stereotyped as similar which I can tell you is the furthest thing from the truth. I know many conservative ppl including blacks, whites, hispanics, asians, etc.. who are nothing like this.

Derek

Last edited by MtnSurfer; 09-25-2011 at 10:39 PM..

Old 09-26-2011, 11:48 AM

12,823 posts, read 24,394,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnSurfer View Post
It's a perversion of religion or better yet racism under the disguise of religion which it really isn't at all. The biggest contradiction are these supossed white pride christian groups who hate everyone but themselves, similar to nazis. Yet they forget that Jesus himself was a Jew, a group whom they also hate, not to mention the rest of Christians around the world from every nation, tribe and color of skin.
So called "Christian Identity" groups. At the most perverted end of that spectrum there are groups who believe that today's Jews are not the "real Jews" and that the "real Jews" are the British / Anglo Saxons. Pretty crazy stuff.

Old 09-26-2011, 03:21 PM

1,320 posts, read 2,698,090 times
Button found for sale at the mall: Jesus, protect me from your followers.

Old 09-26-2011, 05:29 PM

213 posts, read 403,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katnip kid View Post
Button found for sale at the mall: Jesus, protect me from your followers.
Amen!

Old 09-26-2011, 06:26 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,541,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnSurfer View Post
That's why I never understood why some Christians only want to live where others like themselves are.
Derek
Try to think in terms of why liberals prefer to live in liberal towns. Clue?

I don't see liberals flocking to Eastern CA, the Midwest and South to live in a place that *challenges* their preconcieved notions and mindset.

Why is that?

Last edited by Mr5150; 09-26-2011 at 06:36 PM..

Old 09-26-2011, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post

I don't see liberals flocking to Eastern CA, the Midwest and South to live in a place that *challenges* their preconcieved notions and mindset.

Why is that?
What the heck is this misapprehension that Eastern CA does not have liberals, but heck, what do I know I only lived in Eastern CA for 40 years.

The Midwest too has its share of liberals, and as for the South, visit Atlanta, or Asheville for just two.

Christians prefer to be around Christians because they do not want annoying questions from the "other".

Old 09-26-2011, 07:58 PM

8,213 posts, read 16,691,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post

Why is that?
What you describe for some liberals is a lot different than the life of a Christian who has a mandate to go out into all the world and make a difference as salt and light. The Great Commission does not involve hiding in a bubble of like minded and skinned people. The whole concept of good, white Christian folk is a contradiction on many levels.

Derek
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California