Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2011, 05:01 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,772,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the city View Post
You just posted works from the Gospel and the Gospel is the story of Jesus. And I posted in the last post, probably no strong liberal would follow his true teachings either. I don't see many people in this world selling all their belongings and going radical.
You bring up very good and honest points.

NIta

Old 11-27-2011, 05:04 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,772,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottfreez View Post
But their intolerance toward you is not a factor of the differentiating qualities. It is a factor of their own personal shortcomings. Worth remembering.
both you and posting number 72 are very true. There will always be some that see only one side of everything and anything. This is their problem, not the problem of liberalism or conservatism or created because we are Chrisians, Jews, Muslims, or our sexual orientation or skin color is different.

NIta

Old 11-27-2011, 07:06 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,955,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the city View Post

and the the Bible also backs up the death penalty.
Here are some more things it backs up:

Kill Homosexuals

"If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives." (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)

Death for Hitting Dad

Whoever strikes his father or mother shall be put to death. (Exodus 21:15 NAB)

Death for Adultery

If a man commits adultery with another man's wife, both the man and the woman must be put to death. (Leviticus 20:10 NLT)

Deuteronomy 21:18-21 (KJV)

18: If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them:
19: Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place;
20: And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard.
21: And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear.

Kill People for Working on the Sabbath

The LORD then gave these further instructions to Moses: 'Tell the people of Israel to keep my Sabbath day, for the Sabbath is a sign of the covenant between me and you forever. It helps you to remember that I am the LORD, who makes you holy. Yes, keep the Sabbath day, for it is holy. Anyone who desecrates it must die; anyone who works on that day will be cut off from the community. Work six days only, but the seventh day must be a day of total rest. I repeat: Because the LORD considers it a holy day, anyone who works on the Sabbath must be put to death.' (Exodus 31:12-15 NLT)

Old 11-27-2011, 09:28 PM

4,932 posts, read 12,764,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post

Kill Homosexuals

"If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives." (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)

Death for Hitting Dad

Death for Adultery

If a man commits adultery with another man's wife, both the man and the woman must be put to death. (Leviticus 20:10 NLT)

18: If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them:
19: Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place;
20: And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard.
21: And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear.

The LORD then gave these further instructions to Moses: 'Tell the people of Israel to keep my Sabbath day, for the Sabbath is a sign of the covenant between me and you forever. It helps you to remember that I am the LORD, who makes you holy. Yes, keep the Sabbath day, for it is holy. Anyone who desecrates it must die; anyone who works on that day will be cut off from the community. Work six days only, but the seventh day must be a day of total rest. I repeat: Because the LORD considers it a holy day, anyone who works on the Sabbath must be put to death.' (Exodus 31:12-15 NLT)
You are using the Bible out of context. You have to know what is happening during the time era and follow the Bible's timeline. The Bible is more about telling us the story of Jesus and his teachings to get people back to having a relationship with God. The Bible also states to not eat pork, and that is just not applicable anymore. People didnt eat pork because people didnt have the right material to clean pork good and didnt know how to work off the fat. And people drank wine back then because wine was the only safe thing to drink if you didnt know how to boil water and keep it clean.

And people are getting off topic in this thread.

Old 11-28-2011, 05:29 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,955,069 times
"You are using the Bible out of context."

You didn't disappoint. That's the standard response given by "The Bible sez it so it am true" xtians when the evil parts of the Bible are mentioned.

Old 11-28-2011, 08:26 AM

6,390 posts, read 9,687,420 times
It ain't "out of context" when likes what is said, it is "out of context" when one doesn't like what is said.

One can pick and choose, and one does. I always found the "speaking in tongues" routine interesting. There are Christians who are sure it is god speaking, and there are Christians who are sure it is satanic.

Old 11-28-2011, 09:39 AM

6,416 posts, read 8,281,603 times
Quote:
So where in California is the best place for Christian Conservative?
Anywhere that's far from me...

Old 12-04-2011, 08:18 PM

62 posts, read 271,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottfreez View Post
The usage of Christian slogans by American politicians is nothing but a smokescreen to hide dirty lies. And the sooner people see that and stop being led by their emotional vulnerabilities, the sooner we'll get a decent selection of presidential candidates....
This is so true and I keep busy trying to tell people in blogs that just because someone Says that they are a Christian doesn't mean that they hold the Christian beliefs or follow them. What it is, is that the Republicans decided to use the Christian faith to gather a Huge amount of people who would follow them without EVER questioning what they say. Just to get a whole lot of votes. It's worked so far, they follow like mindless sheep, voting just like they tell them. If their minister says to vote a certain way, that's exactly what they do. It's beyond shamefull, they have these people fooled and not using their own brains to search out the people they vote for. If they looked closely they might find that they voted for someone who doesn't hold any of their beliefs, and plans on putting their own agenda into practice as soon as they are elected. Everyone needs to research the voting record of anyone they plan on voting for. They are all available, it's your Right to know where this person really comes from and who they back. To do otherwise is to be a Fool. Who we put into office is Very important now. We need a leader with Integrity. Someone Not bought off already by Big Business.

Old 12-04-2011, 08:58 PM

62 posts, read 271,407 times
Default The Bible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post

Kill Homosexuals

Death for Hitting Dad

Death for Adultery

Kill, Kill, Kill! No God would want people to kill everyone in sight. Someone who gave us sunsets and mountains, oceans and love is not going to ask everyone to kill! I don't believe that for a second. The Bible has been changed and rewritten through the ages. They have even found and dated other books that weren't included. Every leader changed it to reflect THEIR views, not Gods. Hate, jealousy, intolerance are all Man made, not Gods. The Bible isn't meant to be taken literally. All great men have warned of this. It's full of bits and pieces of smart advice right along side ridictulous statements about killing everyone. God is Love, not Hate. I think Jesus was sent to remind us that we have the power to heal and create, like he showed us. We are all God like, having been created by God. "Know ye not that ye are Gods?" Buddha said "You are God yourself" Jesus taught that "the kingdom of god is within you" and said "the work I do, you can do....... and greater". I don't believe we're "sinners", that just used by Man to control people, just like they have for thousands of years. Now it's "no, you can't talk to God, you're not worthy. You have to go throught ME first. Sin brings up all kinds of guilt and people fall for it. We all have things to feel guillty about but we're not sinners. I celebrate God, he's always close to me, but how could he be any place else? No one spouting Hate is Godly. Don't fall for it. If there were sins, I think the worst would be Intolerance. That seems to give religious people the "right" to Hate, and that's just Wrong.

Old 12-04-2011, 10:43 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,687,420 times
Jesus, the missing years, contrary to the claims of John Prine, it appears that Jesus spent years in India studying Buddhism. It is hard to fit a knife blade into the the difference between what Jesus taught and what Buddha taught.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California